It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma residents: Passports will be required for domestic flights

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
And yet the quote in the OP's link states the following: “You would be required to have a DRIVERS LICENSE or passport or some other federal id to actually go through the TSA checkpoint or fly on a commercial aircraft,” says Karen Carney of Will Rogers World Airport.

So, news story headline not so accurate.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

Convicted felons can not get a passport (federal law).

I guess after the January 1, people who want to (do federal level crime; like, rob a bank) can get away with it because, without a passport as current I.D. and as drivers license has become invalided proof of I.D. there is no real way to have the federal court show proof of who they are charging with that crime, and since someone who is being charge of a crime will also be denied a passport. Beside that, since they do not have a passport, they will not be allowed (by law) to enter the federal court room.

(But as we all know, federal government is above their own laws)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

Felons can get passports, with the exception of felons convicted of international drug trafficking and

Felony drug convictions
Certain other drug convictions
Child support cases
Unpaid federal loans
Being a minor who does not have parental consent to obtain a passport

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

That excerpt from the article you quoted is referring to the REAL ID DRIVERS LICENSE that states like Oklahoma and numerous others have not or are not implementing.

Also from the article:

an Oklahoma driver’s license will no longer be accepted at security at the beginning of the new year.

All Oklahoma residents will need a passport, even on domestic flights

Oklahoma citizens will also have to bring their passport to get through security at federal buildings, such as a federal courthouse.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

It is outrageous but passports contain info on other areas you have traveled to.
It might have something to do with this:

post=18405070

When I checked into the hotel, I had to give them my passport. I watched them going through it. They were not checking my identity...they were checking each page to see where I had traveled to or from. Obviously my passport checked out and I was allowed to check in!

that is a story I wrote but that is what hotels are now checking. Probably a WHO strategy.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join