It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Venezuela this sketch costed the cartoonist job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Rayma Suprani worked as cartoonist on El Universal, one of the oldest and most trusted newspaper in Venezuela with over 100 years of uninterrupted circulation, for over 19 years, until today that is when she was fired for making this:

It reads health and health in Venezuela where the flat line is the signature of Hugo Chavez, this amid the possible outbreak of an unknown hemorrhagic fever that have killed 12 people in the course of a week and the government is doing everything it can to cover up

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Private media in Venezuela is being heavily compromised in the country by the government, after the regime came to be the mayor TV station was closed, several was purchased by people close to government, around 150 radio stations where close down and now news papers are being forced to decrease their publications as the importation of paper is controlled by the government and its not supplying non aligned papers. this particular paper was sold to an unknown Spanish investment group early this year (AKA Venezuelan officials).

Its a sad day when even cartoonist are being censored.

A Link

It seems she was right after all

edit on 18-9-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This interview is a few years old but definitely worth reading...

Rayma: the Cartoonist of a Faceless President

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I was not aware you could not draw the president face in Venezuela, i click on the link inside your link but is a 95 pages law i wont read, anyways this is the new scholar text given to all kids in the country

so if its true they violated their own laws, oh well i guess it doesn't matter as laws are not the same to chavistas, what was the saying some animals are more equal than others?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Wherever the line between a comic and politicist is, I think she found it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I imagine it depends on context.

Anti Chavez 'propaganda' is banned
Pro Chavez propaganda is fine.

Just look at the picture you posted, everyone loves Hugo!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

There is not such line in the civilized world, only dictators care about cartoonist enough to censor them

An editorial cartoon, also known as a political cartoon, is an illustration containing a commentary that usually relates to current events or personalities. An artist who draws such images is known as an editorial cartoonist. They typically combine artistic skill, hyperbole and satire in order to question authority and draw attention to corruption and other social ills.

wiki

this was the first US cartoon

They always criticize current events regardless who is in charge

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

When does free speech become a rally for a coup? Never you say?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Really free speech leads to coups you say...

Do you live in North Korea or something?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You're trying to be intellectually dishonest or you're daft. You should know there are no rules to politics and war. Kingdoms come and go, and never has one been civilized. There simply is no such thing as a civilized world; and rules only apply to those that rule can be applied to.

Maybe you're just a dreamer? If so, I love you for it, but there's a real world out there filled with madmen who do not care one iota about your plan to shame them into thinking how you do. "in the civilized world" - such a freaking joke.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

I imagine it depends on context.

Anti Chavez 'propaganda' is banned
Pro Chavez propaganda is fine.

Just look at the picture you posted, everyone loves Hugo!

And isn't it funny how they presented Hugo as a messiah type figure.

I didn't realize Hugo was the Christ, let me get right on worshiping that one.

I say that picture is subtle indoctrination for pedophilia, notice that he has that little girl way up on his lap? And it is racist, because the little black kid is diminished in size...and the other little boy is gleefully waving a sword in military support of Chavez. And Hugo is dressed in athletic wear, perhaps indoctrinating them in the idea that Chavez would be forever youthful and athletic.

But that the little girl is on his lap, it could mean that Chavez' ideology must be propagated through generations of children.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You are so close to reality is not funny

Our Chavez, who art in Heaven, in earth, in the sea and in us the delegates,” Uribe started in Spanish. “Hallowed be Thy name, Thy legacy come to us to take to the people … gives us today your light to that it guides us all days and lead us not into the temptation of capitalism, deliver us from evil, oligarchy and the crime of smuggling, for centuries of centuries. Amen

Lord's Prayer In Venezuela Invokes Chavez: 'Lead Us Not Into Temptation Of Capitalism'

where is the facepalm emoticon?

new topics

top topics

join