It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I change my User Name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I would very much like to change it from "mikefougnie" to "Mike Fougnie". I did not know I could use this format when I first joined.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mikefougnie

I'm not sure you can but you could send a message to one of the admins to see if it's possible for them to format it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
So you want to change your username just so that you can have a gap between the E and the F.....

Wow, you are in a terrible situation and unfortunately I am a bit of a technophobe....

Sorry but I don't know how to help you in your time of need, but I really hope that somebody here on ATS will come along and get you back on track, I really really do........

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Try this :

Each time you log in and see your user name just take a tube of Tippex and white out your name wherever it appears and wait for it to dry (blowing on your screen can quicken this processus), then write over the blanked out name with whatever username you wish to use... this will enable hours of fun...

On a more serious note, maybe ask one of the Moderators if this is possible for them to edit as was suggested by Gortex.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 18/9/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The only way to change a User Name is to advise Staff you are going to do this, log out, we Ban the current User Name and you Re-Register with the name you desire.

There is no other option..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis
So if one wanted to do this there is no way to do so and keep all your content then? Are there plans to make the process easier?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

No there is no way

And no as far as I know there are no plans to change something only 3 or 4 Members have asked for in the years I have been here. Considering the 10s of thousands of Members that post regularly..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

"Don't go changing to try and please Me, don't go changing the color of Your hair.... Don't change Your screen name.."

Do You think You've earned the Big F?

Segue: Ever see someone use this: 'Sr.' After their name? They didn't do anything either, oh sure, they found a female to "lay down with" so are they letting everyone know they got laid at least once? Or that they couldn't think of a name. It is superfluous.
Then they will counter "When someone calls to differentiate" That is a LIE. That is what the 'Jr.' is for. They answer the phone like this "Junior or Senior" I always counter with "There is no such thing.." CLICK.

Do it with Me.. There is Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. Ed Begley and Ed Begley Jr...

If Jr. has a son/heir then We can call Him 'Trey' to be cute.

Thumbnail: The Tao teaches Us that there are too many names already...

"Give it a name.." Jimmy The Saint (Andy Garcia) "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead"

I Love You just as You are...

namaste

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I've always wanted to change mine too, cause I just picked the first thing that popped into my head being a new hire at my job at the time. I knew that would be the only way though.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

No there is no way

And no as far as I know there are no plans to change something only 3 or 4 Members have asked for in the years I have been here. Considering the 10s of thousands of Members that post regularly..

Just out of curiosity. Why is there no way for a database administrator to simply edit the user name of a specific member?

For example, My row in the ATS members database table may contain my username, password (hashed or encrypted), location, date registered, mood, last active, post count, stars, flags and a whole bunch of other useful information like unique identifier etc etc.

So although you don't offer a way for us to edit our usernames from the front end. Your web developers or database admin can do it in seconds.

UPDATE members_table SET username="S3mp3rF0rt1s" WHERE username="semperfortis"

Not knowing your table and field names thats an example to edit it using Mysql but other versions of SQL aren't massively different.

I would imagine its definitely possible. Easy in fact
edit on 5841Thursday412014-09-18T07:41:58-05:004158 9 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

There is no other option..

Where there's a will, there's a way.
I've got some white out I can hand out....

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Unless you have a lot of time invested, which it doesn't look like you do, I would just create a new account with the name I want.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It was once explained you can't change it as all related replies to your threads would be hard to track back to original poster...what's posted...stays forever attributed to that poster and not follow 1name change to anther: too confusing to reader as to who is who

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikefougnie
I would very much like to change it from "mikefougnie" to "Mike Fougnie". I did not know I could use this format when I first joined.

Log out and re-register under the name you want. I think we'll all know who you are.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo

No there is no way

Just out of curiosity. Why is there no way for a database administrator to simply edit the user name of a specific member?

For example, My row in the ATS members database table may contain my username, password (hashed or encrypted), location, date registered, mood, last active, post count, stars, flags and a whole bunch of other useful information like unique identifier etc etc.

So although you don't offer a way for us to edit our usernames from the front end. Your web developers or database admin can do it in seconds.

UPDATE members_table SET username="S3mp3rF0rt1s" WHERE username="semperfortis"

Not knowing your table and field names thats an example to edit it using Mysql but other versions of SQL aren't massively different.

I would imagine its definitely possible. Easy in fact

I wanted to change mine a year ago, but had too must invested in my current name to start all over. It would be great if we had that option!!!!

new topics

top topics

join