It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need jobs, stop believing this lie

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
Inspiring emotional thoughts, but...what is your template for change?
Ah, you have no plan? Just bitch about it on t'interwebs eh? lol
I'm all ears if you have something realistic to support over the current situation, but if you have nothing to share I shall just dismiss it as emotional dreaming.

Isn't that what speaking about changing the "American way" is? Emotional dreaming.....How in the hell is someone, anyone supposed to come up with a plan to get rid of our monetary system in place? I am speaking in what I feel humans are "supposed" to do while here, not be legal slaves for a fake monetary system that empowers people with the most fake money...When you break it down into thought, try to think about what money really is and what we are doing, what we are trying so hard to achieve in life....It is really a joke when you REALLY think about it in it's basic form...

Yes thank you.

No I don't exactly have a plan but I have ideas that we can plan around. It would take effort from some of the greatest minds to solve some of these problems but the incentives wouldn't be economic they would be human and natural.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobertAntonWeishaupt
a reply to: onequestion

I think more specifically, we do not need the presently defined 40 hour work week Employment that have today. We still need jobs, but that means we need to have the skills and time to fruitfully contribute to our family and community. Whether that be growing food, educating the young, healing the sick, building shelter, or maintaining the machines that should be doing a lot of busy work, there will always be tasks that need to doing at human hands.

That said, society could do quite nicely with every person working only 10 relatively compulsory hours a week. Undoubtedly, restlessness among the most intelligent and capable will still fuel innovation and achievement, but we must first free society from the illusion of money which drives the bogus belief that everyone needs to be "employed" in some idle redundant busy work in exchange for imaginary used to purchase inflationarily priced goods and other meaningless crap.

This sounds like a great starting point.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

But in that sense we essentially redefine work and incentive culture for the benefit of humanity rather then oneself.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thirdcoast

originally posted by: onequestion
No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

I'm afraid this reality in which we both seek, will be many years past our time. It seems the masterminds controlling the world are content in the progress they've made.

Most of us, whether you know or not, are begging for external assistance like the government. You probably think you are not. But think about it.

Well, they haven't crushed our spirit yet so maybe there's hope.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
This world is too far gone for collectivism, a people, a race of benevolent beings all working for the common good of everyone. Evil exists to enslave and ultimately destroy humanity. To confuse, pervert and eliminate faith and spirituality....To ultimately end creation.

You are all slaves, whether you have a job or not. The vast majority have been led so far from the truth that you are literally lost souls.

Now get back to work, or go spend your entitlements collected from the efforts of others... Feed the system, feed the beast...

Good luck.

It's also not just collectivism it's individualism because our focus is not on the group but the individuals that encompass the group through the group. So it's both.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I've thought this (title) for a while now. I have been discussing it in great depths with my partner and a few friends. We're looking to set up a community much like RobertAntonWeishaupt was speaking about. I personally feel like a hamster on a wheel, working very hard, but to what end? I'm not really benefiting anyone other than the company I work for. We're taught to be wage slaves, right from the get-go. "Work harder! That way, you can buy a slightly bigger TV! Maybe you could take out a bigger mortgage! The possibilities are endless when you obey!
" . It tedious and inhuman.
edit on 0330pmThu, 18 Sep 2014 22:27:03 -050018u033022 by stardust22 because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

Exactly. And I've been wanting to do the same for years.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I feel happier knowing I am far from alone in feeling this way, so thank you.

Have you heard of homesteading?
I'm trying to create one for myself and my partner at the moment...I figured that it's a step in the right direction, a stepping stone on the path to where I want to be.

*Also (somewhat off-topic, forgive me) I noticed that you've got the "forward-slash" on your signature which were, until recently, plaguing my own. I ran the text I wanted through a HTML converter, and now they're gone. Here's the link I used: www.textfixer.com... *
edit on 3230pmThu, 18 Sep 2014 23:18:32 -050018u323022 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I haven't really done any research I onto homesteading but I might now that you mention it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It's definitely worth looking into. And it's not just for people with the "space to spare". There are plenty of people who do a lot of homesteading in apartments (granted, this is the toughest, but it is plenty do-able) and suburban areas with an average garden (great for chicken-keeping and vegetable, herb and medicinal plant plots). It consequentially cleans ones diet right up. You know exactly how the food got to your table and what went into it (no revolting, unpronounceable and somewhat suspicious additives). All together, a much more natural existence.

edit on 3630pmThu, 18 Sep 2014 23:29:36 -050018u363022 by stardust22 because: misphrasing

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity

So what are we going to do for money to buy things with ?

Homes.cars,food, etc.

What ?

Not fond of machines making machines we already see the 'fruits' of that labor.

More people on welfare, more people working part time, more people unemployed, and not enough jobs to go around.

Technology is element that has played a large part in that.

Hell in the last 20 years of technological leap has been amazing.

Going back even further to 40,s 20s.

What are people gonna do with all that 'free' time ?

Sit on ATS ?

Watch 'reality' tv ?

edit on 18-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What would you do neo96?

I would train and teach martial arts full time. I already teach people how to box for free all the time.
edit on 9/18/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just because you wouldn't be following our current society's model of working, isn't to say you would be wasting your time. You could do anything...learn, think, create, teach, build. Don't let yourself be resigned to live in the box they made for you.
edit on 0030pmThu, 18 Sep 2014 23:48:00 -050018u003022 by stardust22 because: ...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I think it's sad that people can't conceptualize life outside of work. That is massive brainwashing.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

It baffles me that people find it inconceivable to live outside of the "birth->school->work->marriage, kids, mortgage and white picket fence->retire ever so briefly-> die" model. It saddens me, deeply.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I understand.

Terrence explains it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Although, I do feel sympathy for them. People have been heavily conditioned to live like this. They've grown comfortable and perhaps complacent. What we're discussing here, for some people, is unimaginable, the complete unknown. It's a big change, which can be scary. It's also a way of life, which despite common opinion, is not for the lazy. The best we can do is try our best to enlighten others, understand that it might be difficult to think about for some people - but assist and guide those who are interested, and lastly to create the life we want for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

I understand.

Terrence explains it.

Ahhh yes thank you for this. If only we could reference more of his material for intimate in depth discussions here.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stardust22

Although, I do feel sympathy for them. People have been heavily conditioned to live like this. They've grown comfortable and perhaps complacent. What we're discussing here, for some people, is unimaginable, the complete unknown. It's a big change, which can be scary. It's also a way of life, which despite common opinion, is not for the lazy. The best we can do is try our best to enlighten others, understand that it might be difficult to think about for some people - but assist and guide those who are interested, and lastly to create the life we want for ourselves.

Very good points.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Fantastic video, thank you for sharing that. I completely agree...however, and this may be a personal issue of semantics...I don't necessarily agree with his use of the word "culture"....but I think he means our culture as it is today, not culture as a whole, so that's okay.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join