It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need jobs, stop believing this lie

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I see where you coming from.. No matter what you do, you have to be a very special one to be get enlightened.... Sitting at home on benefits and thinking a lot would just make you old.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, we DO need to support each other... so in a sense, even with improved tech, we'll need to do stuff to keep the civ going, but as far as working for someone's individual profit on their terms... not-so-much.

We'd be 'working' for everyone.

We're all in this together and money could be abolished, but we'd need people to be responsible and keep some sort of civ going... not this overly consumer driven slave camp, though.

It would be dandy if we abolished ownership and people produced (quality, lasting products) and used as needed... and then gave it back to everyone when finished with it.

The ridiculous hours and need to work to exist is certainly going to end in a more rational future. Life could actually be mostly enjoyable for all... not just those using others as wage slaves as it is now... imagine that.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I like your idea OP, I believe it could work BUT people would need to change their ideals. People would need to put everyones needs on the same level as their own, this is the hard part, people are generally selfish and greedy.

We live in a material world where people measure their place in life by what they own ( or pretend to own). People generally are only happy when they can see that they have more than those around them.
Always striving to be like the joneses and to then better them.
This idea would only work when people drop their egos.
If only we could all be happy with a simpler life, not having to have a nicer, newer car, clothes, house, gadgets to make us feel better in life.

We would most definitely have to WORK to achieve this goal , I wouldn't define this type of work as a job though. We would be working for the greater good ( of EVERYONE) and not just to line my own pocket.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think you might be missing something. Technology is great, but humans need work of some kind to be productive members of society,

A good feeling comes from a hard days work done well, it increases self worth, it's better for society, and it helps us all move forward as a society.

Yes, technology is great, but humans need self worth, humans need to be needed. It would be great to assign each and every person the job they are perfectly talented for. But, that eliminates personal choice and ambition. Not all jobs can be done by machines, and they never should be, humans need structure, challenge, and sorry to say, drama, in order to be fulfilled as a being.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For some reason, when I read this, I thought of this video.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: OptimusCrime

If people stop seeing things as separate from themselves including the concepts of life and death then work will cease to exist.

Work will become life and humanity, the earth and people will want to help you achieve your goals because your goals are theirs.

Seeing things as whole with the dissolving of boundaries and extending our understanding of self to that of the whole.

People need to understand that no organism other than humans need to work for paper that has an imaginary value to live. Money poisoned us and the way we think. Nature(including land, food, etc...) can not be owned with money. My message to humanity is that the main goal in life is not to make money for yourself to live, but to help others live; in that case remember that just because we may seem superior to other organisms(I don't like the term animal) doesn't mean nature is there for us to use but to sustain. Instead of chopping trees and destroying the enviroment we should be planting trees and helping eachother as not just humans but all life. EARTH is the only planet we know that has life on it and we kill it for imaginary money.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I agree wholeheartedly on this. The main goal of our current "civilization" today is to feed the beast of materialism. As intellectual animals we are farmed for maximum debt and put into the system as cogs in the machine. If the cog breaks or wears down then we are replaced. The last thing that TPTB want us to do is awaken and walk a spiritual Path.

There have been spiritual civilizations in the past that honored the spiritual Path of the individual (e.g. Ancient Egypt, Native America, etc). Of course recreating any of these would be very difficult since we are in the dark ages of the Kali Yuga which is the most materialistic of the 4 ages.

However, there are those who have started down this path and more join every day. What if we recreated the small farm as a community farm rather than the family farm. Essentially all would be shared and owned in common: tools, land, vehicles, food, livestock, energy, skills, etc. each community would be different but would have common themes of permaculture, aquaponics, renewable energy and living in harmony and respect for Nature rather than trying to tame or dominate it. This is all doable especially if we give up the notion that we all need our own house to prove we are successful.

I am currently in the planning stages for such a community. This will also include shared living space, a shared kitchen, dorms for long term visitors, a sweat lodge, spaces for ceremonies / meditation / teaching / healing, a smokehouse, root cellar / cheese cave, fruit trees, greenhouses, fish pond / cranberry bog and whatever else we can think of that enhances the journey and provides for diversity in harmony with Nature. Recycled materials will be used wherever possible and passive solar techniques / natural energy harvesting wherever possible.

Will it be a lot of work? Absolutely! However, it won't be a JOB for anyone. For those who say this is utopian thinking and that it is impossible to scale this to 7 billion people... Yeah, you are probably right. But we have to start down the path of more sustainable diversified harmonious communities that all can share in.

In the U.S. Where I live our leaders have saddled us with $7 trillion in debt plus 100s of Trillions in unfunded liabilities, hollowed out the economy by catering to the multinational corporations (outsourcing, off shoring, subsidies, regulations designed to restrict innovation and disruptive technogy, etc.) this has led to a rapid and continuing decline in the number of high paying jobs. Even people with advanced degrees have trouble getting jobs in the 3rd world nation of the USSA. 50 million people currently get welfare and or food stamps in the US today. I would bet that the vast majority would rather have the dignity of providing for themselves as part of a productive community rather than taking government fiat and eating processed food.

These trends will continue as technology automates almost everything and corporations source the cheapest labor globally. We have to come up with a better way to distribute the basic necessities - food, water, shelter, healthcare,etc. there won't be enough jobs for everyone so that system will be broken and is already showing major cracks. The alternative is to give in to the NWO / eugenics agenda and allow ourselves to be used, harvested and eliminated once we become "useless eaters" to those in control.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Klipothian because: Spelling corrections

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
No we don't need jobs. This is one of the biggest distractions used against us. We need to work together and allow technology to replace jobs as a goal for humanity.

I'm afraid this reality in which we both seek, will be many years past our time. It seems the masterminds controlling the world are content in the progress they've made.

Most of us, whether you know or not, are begging for external assistance like the government. You probably think you are not. But think about it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I must chime in to this thread. OP you are 100% spot on and I'm glad you see through all of this charade.

100 years ago nearly everything required human labor to produce. That system brought about the industrial revolution where lines of workers formed assembly lines to produce a single product. In this way we were able to supply all sorts of items to those wanting such items and do so quickly and efficiently. Everyone working had a job and earned money, the idea that as you worked you were rewarded with money in which you could by the produce of others. This system served us well but it is dying a rapid death.

More then 50 years ago, mechanical engineering and science started to be used on a massive scale to eliminate many of those jobs previously held by actual workers. Thus, the jobs became fewer but the production increased allowing for great prosperity of goods to be produced and distributed amongst the masses. But we did not sit idle, we created new service type of business and jobs to support others. This was necessary to fill the hole in available jobs left from automation of manufacturing.

Today, we have production facilities that can produce much of the world's needs for a product with an almost limited staff to produce those items. But, even those jobs are slowly going away as new technologies emerge. What we have is a world in which their continues to be less and less work, which equals less and less money being circulated to the working class. This leads to less and less ability to buy the products.

The future working world looks something like this: A recognition that everyone on the planet has a right to live with essentials required to sustain their livelihood. A commitment to see that vision through by automating every "job" required to obtain such a goal. This means automated farming, and food production by building locally. This means massive public transportation projects and city redesign to accommodate a life where we do not commute to work daily, nor transport goods by highway constantly; imagine a life where food and products is delivered via drones by ordering this online and there is no pressing need to travel daily. Imagine whole communities designed around this concept where houses are surrounded by parks instead of highways, where people play most of the day, instead of work. This means water pipelines and distillation treatment facilities connecting wet parts of the country to dry portions to ensure there is never a drought anywhere ever again. This first step, would pave the way to a world in which human life is valued not just by the work they perform, but because they are a human being. After this we can look at eliminating money entirely, and using shared resources. Such a model would not prohibit profit, it just would eliminate profit from those things which we all use and share as a part of being human.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This world is too far gone for collectivism, a people, a race of benevolent beings all working for the common good of everyone. Evil exists to enslave and ultimately destroy humanity. To confuse, pervert and eliminate faith and spirituality....To ultimately end creation.

You are all slaves, whether you have a job or not. The vast majority have been led so far from the truth that you are literally lost souls.

Now get back to work, or go spend your entitlements collected from the efforts of others... Feed the system, feed the beast...

Good luck.

edit on 18-9-2014 by ausername because: to

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Good comment. If we live attached to only the physical/material/corpreal reality we are empty vessels as it is. You are right, mindset matters! It matters not if you partake in any material activity if that is all you care about. So whether you collect food stamps, or run a fortune 500 company you give power to the beasts system.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

Many of these issues are solvable in a society where all the basic necessities are provided for. Rather than assigning jobs for people to do you could foster a society that allows people to explore how they might contribute to humanity. Different people will have different focuses and all should be allowed to explore those things.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ExPostFacto

The creator will destroy this world again, before evil can consume it completely, again. I can't help but wonder if anyone has any idea how perilously close we are now?

I may post a thread on it, in early 2015.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I've considered this as well. And if I were to accept this, then we are super close to the end. Not sure how much more needs to occur, but I for one will not be sad to see its departure. I would just hope that those enlightened are spared so that they may erect an earth more appealing to creator.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Samuel Adams:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

That is all i have to say.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

so who is going to support you while you gaze at your navel?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Catching up with the thread and responding when I get off work.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes, major karma is being held back currently but we are running out of time. I think there is a last push to find those who are willing to get back on the Path. We are essentially a quarantine world and if the outbreak of insanity that is our current materialistic "civilization" starts to expand to other planetary systems then the whole experiment will be shut down, cleansed and restarted. Only a few souls will be spared. The rest will devolve and start over at the bottom.

May all Beings be happy, may all Beings be joyful, may all Beings be at peace. Good luck to all and seek the Light.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here's a quote from Terence McKenna that fits this thread perfectly.

8. “You simply have to turn your back on a culture that has gone sterile and dead and get with the program of a living world and the imagination.”

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thanks I'm going to check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join