It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
hi everyone.
I'm 24, originally from Ohio (near Cleveland) and now living in beautiful Los Angeles, California.
I spent a couple of years at Kent State University (in OH).. studying English (read Undecided)
I write poetry and short stories. There are a few epic-masterpiece novels in my head but they have yet to come out.
I play guitar and piano and write and record songs - 4track, very barebones budget.
I have 3 roomates.
Last night I was working tech at a show at The Second City (comedy school/theatre) here in LA.
So yeah... arts, arts, arts.

umm... let's see...
favourite music - the beatles, radiohead, blur, the doors
best movie ever - Waking Life
I have bad habits...
umm..

Question - Why isn't there a Philosophy forum? I could debate my own existence forever.

technically I'm unemployed.

but after i prove that nothing and everything are the same thing i'll probably be rich, so for now i'll just pretend that rich and poor are the same thing too.

and so on.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I write poems and short stories too.

Ever had any of your works published or made available to the public?

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
the poems i'm trying to get published as a collection.

Actually, I'm not trying really hard..When I finish stuff, I set it aside and start something else. i have a bit of Emily Dickinson in me... But that is definetly a plan for the future. I'm trying to get more focused on getting stuff out there.

i can post a few poems here if you want.

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hi it's great to meet creative minds. I hope you will tell us when you get your stuff out there.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nice to know you better! You and I have bumped into eachother many times on the board as we seem to have mutual interest. I always like to see your thoughts expressed here

You sound like a really neat person, with great musical talent. Would be nice to see you make it big some day(soon)..I like your idea of a philosophy forum here-maybe if they get the 'blogs' going we could talk about our philosophy of life and existance and all there-would be interesting to hear yours and others here, no doubt!

Well, i'm sure I'll be bumping into you somewhere around here...
Good luck in your future~
Magestica

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Where have i been? - This is a question i'm asking myself, although others would be justified to inquire the same.

How do i get to the places i go? There's never a fork in the road which i remember contemplating; even looking back i can't recall having made any choices.

Most important - how do i get back each time? Will i always? Was it worth it? Did i learn what i had to learn? Am i older? Have i grown? Did time pass? Does it pass at all or do I move forward? Am i like a patron of the Akashic museum, apart from, yet engrossed in, the study of the mural of my own life?

I think of the map that is made to full scale - it is the size of that which it intends to map and drawn to the finest detail; there is no longer a difference between the place and the map of the place. They are the same. Are they even seperate?

It sounds cliche - (this was my original thought to begin with)yet it is true: When one finally emerges from the dark, it's always amazing how bright the light is. But the light is a constant - an ideal which never changes form; its brillance is eternal and unwavering.
It is our eyes which change. Or our hearts(our minds?). We are the clouds and the night and overcast days. We are the rain that washes out our dinner party. We are the forces of destiny, directing ourselves down our single chosen path.
Whether we ever see it or not.

Thoughts which frighten us while we're in Hell, enlighten us when we return to Heaven.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Question - Why isn't there a Philosophy forum? I could debate my own existence forever.

That makes the two of us.
lol

Deep

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yo!

Sup!

Waking Life

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's some really deep thoughts you've shared here with us. Here here!! I can relate to alot of which you've written and how you feel. Thank you for sharing that...beautifully written

Magestica

top topics

join