It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw someone "slip out", and some other spirit take over.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ok, first, I put this thread in paranormal studies because I would consider this paranormal. Admin, if there is a more approppriate place, let me know. thanks. this is a personal experience and I am seeking only objective points of view. If you are answering with negativity, I don't want it. I am reaching out to see what the experience and knowledge of others could possibly do to shed light on this. I will change the names, but only that. the events I recall are otherwise to the best of my knowledge, correct.

So I see jerry walking across the yard, he comes in and sits down. He had been over at the neighbors. He said he had some strong wine, but that's it. Nothing else. We are sitting there having a cigarette and he says he has to go get some water. So he goes in, a few minutes later I finish my cigarette and go in. He is sitting on the couch looking more tired, and weaker. He asks for food. I bring him some crackers and start making noodles. His mom says he is drunk (btw, jerry is 25. Not a kid) and just needs to rest. She goes to bed. I then see the color drain from his face. I keep a real close eye on him and could see he is falling deeper into whatever had him. At the time my mind thought some kind of drug whether given to him knowingly or unknowingly. He then rolls his eyes back around and I start holding his head.

"Jerry.....Hey Jerry. Look at me." I say.

I then call for his mother and she immediately takes over. She then asks Jerry what drugs he might have had.(This state is normally associated with overdose.) He whispers he hasn't taken anything. He whispers he is fine but can't move and that he is fighting a spiritual battle. At that time, you could see him just slip deeper in. His breath and heartbeat were shallow. I asked his mom if we should call an ambulance. He immediately whispers no don't do that, I'm fine. very faintly. He then slips what I would describe as "out". Then, his color returns just a bit, and he comes back. His mom is getting him to focus and he just had this look of confusion.

"Jerry, this is your mother, what's wrong? How do you feel?" She says.

He looks very confused. He is paralyzed.

"Who's Jerry?" He says.

Looking confused herself, his mom says. " Who are you?"

"Jeremy." He says.

She goes onto question "Jeremy" and finds out he lost his best friend/brother in a car accident.
Then, she asks to speak to Jerry. She asks "Jeremy" to close his eyes and relax. She then says, I need to speak to my son, Jerry. This is when you see the color drain back out and he slumped over again. At this time his mother is about to pop but she keeps calm for him. Then the color just returned, he lifts his head and says, Are the noodles done yet? Me and his mother just kind of looked at eachother and were like, no, not yet. He said he felt really tired, and was extremely hungry. He has been fine since.

Apparently he said he started feeling this way at the neighbors house which leads me to wonder. What I have decided is that either it's that house, or the family that has an attached spirit. My theory is basically that It was a spirit attacking, or attaching, or trying to communicate, or maybe jeremy is related to the family. Any opinions on this?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mactheaxe

Please don't take this as negative, it's not meant that way. It sounds 1) like a drug reaction or 2) a psychotic episode along the lines of multiple personalities. Without a tox-screen it would be hard to make a determination.

His mom obviously thinks he took something. Is there a reason for that or was it a wild guess on her part? I'd suggest looking at the more obvious causes before thinking of spiritual attacks but then I don't believe in those anyway.

Maybe a trip to the doctor is in order.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My first thought was diabetes. It would be in his best interest to get a checkup as soon as possible.
I am speaking from personal experience, having watched someone become a type 1 diabetic when he was 26 years old.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I too think it could be an alternate personality.

But the fact that Jerry himself was saying it was spiritual battle makes me doubt that.

Hard to say but if you want to know for yourself you could state the name of Jesus near him. Say it a few times, out loud. Just don't let Jerry hear you so that you know for sure if it is a spiritual issue. If it's spiritual Jerry doesn't need to hear you as the evil will hear you. Forgot to add that if it is an evil entity you will know as Jerry will become angry and tense, etc which is why it's important he doesn't hear you so that YOU know what is going on without any doubt.

It's hard to tell as the physical symptoms could happen in either case.

If Jerry is suffering a multiple personality and does hear you this could cause him to become agitated and/or feed into whatever thoughts are going on that have no basis in reality.

Must have been pretty creepy and worrisome.
edit on 18/9/14 by ccseagull because: Added sentence that says, "Forgot..."

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

I too think it could be an alternate personality.

But the fact that Jerry himself was saying it was spiritual battle makes me doubt that.

Hard to say but if you want to know for yourself you could state the name of Jesus near him. Say it a few times, out loud. Just don't let Jerry hear you so that you know for sure if it is a spiritual issue. If it's spiritual Jerry doesn't need to hear you as the evil will hear you. Forgot to add that if it is an evil entity you will know as Jerry will become angry and tense, etc which is why it's important he doesn't hear you so that YOU know what is going on without any doubt.

It's hard to tell as the physical symptoms could happen in either case.

If Jerry is suffering a multiple personality and does hear you this could cause him to become agitated and/or feed into whatever thoughts are going on that have no basis in reality.

Must have been pretty creepy and worrisome.

It doesn't matter what "Jerry" said was going on. He doesn't know what happened.

There are two possibilities:

1) He has a medical/psychological issue.

2) He took some sort of drug.

If 1, he may have genuinely thought he was having a "spiritual battle." If 2, he may have genuinely thought he was having a "spiritual battle" or he was lying so his mom wouldn't know he did drugs.

Blaming demons is a surefire way to never get this kid the help he needs. It's 2014 for cryin' out loud.
edit on 9/18/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well it's 2014 and when and if we hit 2099 there will still be a God and the devil and a spiritual battle going on. That's fine if you don't believe.

That is why I gave two possible answers. A medical aspect and a spiritual aspect.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull

Well it's 2014 and when and if we hit 2099 there will still be a God and the devil and a spiritual battle going on. That's fine if you don't believe.

That is why I gave two possible answers. A medical aspect and a spiritual aspect.

Take care.

Diagnosing psychological disorders as demonic/spiritual possession should have died out along with bloodletting and trepanation. Unfortunately, religion promotes superstitious beliefs and some people can't see that the notion of demonic possession is just as absurd as boring a hole in someone's skull to cure headaches.

You're free to believe whatever you want to believe but when it interferes with someone's well-being, there's a line that must be drawn.
edit on 9/18/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Again, let me remind you that I gave two answers. Perhaps Jerry has a second personality (maybe it's spiritual). Another poster noted it could be diabetes.

Obviously one wants to get him checked out medically. Never did I say not to go that route. It is your interpretation that is arguing this point.

Yes, of course Jerry should have a thorough check up. A normal 2014 medical check up with all the scientific bells and whistles.

That takes care of the physical and mental part of Jerry's well-being. However, spiritually this man could be under attack and this is just as important.

Besides, the OP put this under paranormal as he considers this paranormal. Just saying.

I'm off to bed. Good night!

edit on 18/9/14 by ccseagull because: corrected typo

edit on 18/9/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ok.I believe it 100%.

Sounds like an out of body meditative state. I have achieved this myself..I know that entities/spirits can attach themselves, and have had a "shared consciousness" experience and its not pleasant..feels very uncomfortable, like a complete stranger who has no idea of personal space talking straight in your face.

My thoughts are that he slipped into a meditative state which brought on the shallow breathing, paralysis and an out of body experience. (Something we all do naturally every night..but in our ignorance call them dreams). An opportunist spirit/entity jumped in as he came out.. then as his Mum spoke to him it brought him back to body. The paralysis after having an OOBE or OBE usually lasts about 5 minutes before you're fully back. For further information on this visit Rich2150x on youtube..he has loads of videos and useful information.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

While Jerry was there, did he share any information about being Christian ? Was he talking about Jesus or God, was he trying to convince the neighbor to get to know Jesus ?

Evil spirits don't like it when people try convincing others to turn to Jesus. Maybe the neighbors tormentor attached itself to Jerry, so Jerry learns that the neighbor is Satan's home. It would have been especially easy for the spirit to do this is Jerry isn't completely Christian and is still dabbling in sin.

Most importantly, if the spirit takes 'control again' don't allow it to speak a single word. Don't ever, let it speak.

2 - Command it that this body belongs to Jerry, and that this is not a home for spirits. Anytime it speaks, tell it firmly and with authority to silence.
3 - If it does speak, don't assume it's telling the truth. KNOW, It's telling a lie. This is the only language evil spirits speak. Lies.
4 - All ways exercise authority, be firm, and don't tremble or be anxious. You're about to go to war, but the authority belongs to you if you believe in your heart it does.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There are a lot more possibilities than the ones mentioned, and that relate to the spiritual battle he felt he was having.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I've been told, by 'religious' and 'spiritual' folk alike, that mind-altering substances(like a strong wine, for example) make us more susceptible to demonic/spirit attachment.
Due to the fact that he willingly passed control back over to Jeremy, I get the impression that Jerry was a benevolent /benign spirit.
Where, when and how the spirit entered- I don't know. It would be interesting to do some research into deceased Jerrys in the area. (As I was typing that last sentence I had a tick, so i reread the part about Jerry saying his brother died... what if Jerry was alive somewhere, using a ouija board or some other method, attempting to contact his dead brother/friend, but somehow ended up in Jeremy's body??)
That totally derailed me...
To finish my thought about where, when, how... if it was a non-living being, it could have entered anywhere, anytime I believe. Could have happened at the neighbor's house, between their house and his or, who knows- maybe at the grocery store a week before... maybe some things can enter but it takes them time to become strong enough to take control of the host.

I'll leave it at that for now- I have a personal experience to share but I will give it it's own post I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i'd get him checked pronto. in addition to all the potential causes other users mentioned, your friend might of had a mini-stroke. he just about maxes out the symptom list. weak pulse, paralysis, confusion, amnesia.

hope he's ok.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds like Jerry can't handle his alcohol.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My one friend was possessed. For him, it was not like that. There was no warning, only a 1 second (or shorter) pause. There was a -complete- change of personality when he was taken over. It was obvious. He would even comb his hair different. Looking back, it was horrible. All the lies from that demon. Lies, so many lies.

From what I read in the OP, my estimation is that Jerry's problem is physical - some medical condition is causing his split personality.
edit on 18/9/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
i'd say it can't hurt to have a doctor take a quick look at him. that is normally common practice when trying to rule out common medical causes before an exorcism. not saying that an exorcism is needed, but i do believe that jerry's gut instinct was correct about it being a spiritual battle.

did he elaborate on that afterward? did he go into any detail after the event describing what he felt was happening to him other than just saying "spiritual battle", was he doing something in particular when it started? and perhaps why he felt it began?

i myself have had personal experience with witnessing and being a victim to negative entities or demons, whatever you want to call them. so i know it's indeed possible and happens more often than most people would like to believe.

it was mentioned briefly by another member, but i would like to reiterate that drugs including alcohol, which is a depressant do make one more susceptible than normal to attack and can make you vulnerable. it may have just been that he was vulnerable and became a target for a lost/confused spirit to take over for a little. or its also possible it could be something more sinister...

id say you need to get more information from jerry and jerry needs to take the proper precautions to protect himself in the future. it probably also couldn't hurt to ask about the property and see if any jeremy had ever lived there.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Jerry doesnt remember any of this. He remembers asking to eat, then waking up asking if the noodles were done. I know the effects of alcohol from experience( lots of partying in my youth, and etc.) I can say that this was not from the alcohol. I can also say I am sure of this being paranormal/spiritual from my collected knowledge on the subject. Learning has it's uses, lol. I know him on an everyday basis. So I knew his previous illnesses and can say this does not match any of them. He has mental/spiritual events. His mom also is a psychic who never pursued her gift. He is also what she calls a "familiar". He is very spiritual and we are all, not christian, I don't subscribe to religion. We are spiritual and believe in father son holy spirit. We pray every night.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

so it seems as though this kind of ability runs in the family and that jerry's mother passed her gifts on to him. like jerry was being used as a conduit and perhaps stood out as such, making him a open target for this "jeremy".

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm a bit confused by mom's reaction. She sees her child having a seizure or whatever and then coming back as a "Jeremy" and she just tells him to close his eyes etc.. I mean why didn't she just freak out like anybody else would?

ETA: I'm not calling you a liar, but it just seems very odd!
edit on 18-9-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
She has an understanding on things like this, plus, she was screaming inside, you could tell. She knew what to do. We as a family know these things can happen. We have all had our experiences just not in this fashion. I guess enough to know it for what it was. This was the first direct experience for all of us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join