It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott + Metadata + ISIS = Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Someone has posted an interesting theory that links Australian prime minister Tony Abbott, his proposed metadata collection scheme, the raised terror level raised for no real reason and then shortly after the arrests of supposed Islamic extremists including a Sydney man who apparently planned to kidnap and behead someone.

I have to say, it does make you think. This wouldn't be the first time a Government has tried to get its agenda across by using terrorism as motivational fear for legislation support, would it now?

The terror level was raised to high not even a week ago based on no real threat nor any knowledge of imminent attacks or dangers to Australian citizens. A month before that, Abbott revealed he wants to implement a metadata collection scheme to protect Australian's against terrorism as well as other proposed amendments to anti-terrorism laws.

There is without-a-doubt a MASSIVE shift taking place in the world. Seems all of the pieces are being moved and slotted into place perhaps for something bigger. Government's don't even have to try and hide what they're doing any more, because our liberties were taken away a very long time ago.

What does everyone else think?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalSea

It does seem to be very convenient.

The arrests seem to be very good work by those charged with protecting us, but then .......

In the past we have had arrests and then nothing much happens. Cases get thrown out of courts or turn out to be very minor infractions. It all seems linked but on closer examination it may be disjointed.

For all we know, it could have been a group of kiddies setting up a contest for 'bombs' and 'explosive devices' all based on mentos and coke.

We are this really silly point in our history where a shoe box of fireworks are now classified as 'explosives'.

By the time we realize that the arrests were not backed by solid evidence it will be too late, the laws would have been enacted.

I am concerned for my country!

Very concerned and quite frankly, it matters not which of the two brainless parties are in Government.

They both crawl up the US A/Hole and I just wish they wouldn't.

I often wonder who is really in charge.

Australia does not have a terror problem, perhaps we should just take a step back.

How many times do we have to get burned backing up the US, wasting the lives of our Soldiers for no benefit to this country. Just start with Vietnam and work your way forward. It sucks!

P

edit on 17/9/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It was a very smart move IMO, I grew up in western Sydney, though moved to and lived in high density multicultural housing, not by choice though I was down on my luck and that's where family lived.

Im a white Caucasian with irish heritage, and let me tell you, I was an outcast walking to the shops to get a bottle of milk etc, many occasion I would get into blues, but I soon earned my respect.

The lengths in which some middle eastern groups would go to to prove they're toughness in there gangs and groups, They are fanatic, they can be extreme, but they're not wanted here by anybody with a thread of sense.

One smart thing the government has done is give them certain suburbs in which they all congregrate, live and breed their filth, I guess it will make it easier to round them up later.

I now live in QLD and I know longer play Spot the Aussie. good times.
edit on 18/9/2014 by scubagravy because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How stupid is the average Australian? Our leaders just raise the terror alert level with no justification needed and no one seems to care! Ohhh bloody rag heads must be tryin to blow us up or somethin, bloody ISIS!
At least the US leaders respect the intelligence of the American public enough to be bothered to bullsh!t to them when they want to strip some more liberties away.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Exactly.

I am quite concerned myself to be honest. Everyone knows that Abbott goes along with whatever the US asks of him and Australia, and when Abbott gets voted out at the next election, the person that replaces him will be more or less the same.

Heading to every major Australian news website today yields the same sensationalist headlines, "TERRORIST PLANNED TO PUBLICLY BEHEAD AN AUSTRALIAN", "TERRORIST PLOT DISCOVERED" - but not only that, non Australian news sites are reporting the same thing. No proof has been released of any wrongdoing other than a statement from officials (albeit lacking any details).

Under the guise of security, the "results" can be hidden anyway. Either they drop the charges citing a lack of evidence or just hope the public forgets it happened, either way the Government achieved its goal of instilling fear into the general public regardless of whether or not the claims are true. People will just remember the headlines.

It's the equivalent of the media running headlines, "STOCK MARKET CRASH IMMINENT", "BANKING SYSTEM ON THE BRINK OF COLLAPSE" - the result would be the same. People will panic, start withdrawing their money and stockpiling food and water. Even though the headlines were made up, the damage would be done. People process things differently when they panic, all logic flies out of the window.

This is not to say the arrests weren't real, it definitely is all speculative, but stranger things have happened in our brief history. Given the NSA and PRISM revelations thanks to Snowden, it's impossible to not think this way regardless of how stupid it might seem at the time.

new topics

top topics

join