It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are earthquakes paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I heard the door slam shut this morning when I woke up, at the far end of the apartment, this morning and right after whole apartment shook. We had a 4.0 earthquake, centered 17 miles West of Bremerton, something kind of funny about that, we have West Bremerton and East Bremerton.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
No, their not. They are caused by geological forces that have been present since Earth was unable to sustain life. No more, no less.

This is the natural state of the Earth and it's evolution. While we can't predict them with great certainly, we do have a very good idea of what causes them and also know they are quite common, across the entire globe.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nobody really knows what causes earthquakes...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Could be Satanic rituals.

Satan controls all evil.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: warren408

It sounds like the initial wave caused the door to slam shut before the shaking ensued. They are connected and are part of a single event, imo. Not paranormal but seismic.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No and Yes, why well Earthquakes are usually caused by techtonic activity when two continental plate's shift against one another, friction may stop the movement for a long time but as it does tension and pressure build up to a point were the force eventually overcomes the friction and the result is a release of energy greater than an atomic bomb but deep in the crust and in the form of movement not pure energy.

Now maybe there is also other energy that is present and is created or disturbed by these functions of the crust.

Near fault line's Orb's and even Apparitions are sometime's seen as well as strange atmospheric's but this latter is rare though strange weather has been noted on occasion in active fault regions proving a link is not at current possible and there may not be one.

Now if paranormal energy is for lack of a better definition in the same universe as physical energy (as suggested by poltergeist activity) or can in some way influence the physical world then it would not be beyond reasonable speculation to draw a conclusion that this unknown energy field that modern science can not yet and maybe never will understand may come from a vast reservoir of energy and therefore psychic disturbances of the Telekinetic kind (poltergeist) may trigger an earthquake as the energy may be able to disrupt friction in fault lines enabling pent up natural elastic crustal energy to thus be released.

Most religions accept that the physical world (universe) was brought into being or at least manipulated by a spiritual (paranormal) realm and the word paranormal may one day be replaced by a quantum theory derived terminology.

From a personal perspective I believe even normal reality is paranormal in origin and nature but we are oblivious as it is our native state of mind and being that is bound by the nature given to our awareness, faculties and our senses so from that point I would say yes, living on a world that has a moon at the right distance to appear to be the same size as our sun, the only living world we yet know of with too many mathematical patterns that appear to be un natural.

The point is reality is essentially paranormal but we no longer see it with information overload and the daily grind and worry's as well as the stress and artificial way of living we exist in today with our indoctrinated way of viewing the world that is educated into our children forcing a conformity to our global society's that is allergic to spiritualist way's of viewing the world that do not conform to the science and indoctrination of the world of today.

Essentially we are both blind by what we do not see or know and are also blinding ourselves with knowledge we accept rather than understand, this conformity forces us into a kind of quantum reality matrix (not the film or an illusion or a computer program but a very real reality) that is the result of global consciousness engineering and manipulation that reject's the natural chaos that our more sensitive ancestors were aware of and open minded too.

I am not saying it is entirely bad but we all feel at some level we have lost something and maybe the key is in that understanding that we do not really understand.

All science is essentially based on model's, the conform only so far to reality but it does work as we have technology and the modern world but nevertheless those models are not reality itself but merely tool's that like the old sextant help science to sail a mental map of the universe without ever really knowing what lies beneath the horizon it is using or the sea upon which they sail.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes eq's happen by the definition science gives them but science leaves alot out. Humans can also be responsible for them by there lifestyle choices. I'm not talking about fracking or anything like that but hidden links between us and the earth. Afterall we are made of clay. I have learned more than one way to cause quakes and asteroids. I could easily prove this but at what cost? Fortunatly my ego is not so big that i would go that far as to cause harm to prove something but that does not negate what i have learned.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Is this a real question? Do you not know what plate tectonics are? Or were you born 3000 years ago when the prevailing theory for earthquakes was acts of god?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I would think that some are caused by paranormal and/or by supernatural forces as well as tectonic pressures.

Though, over the past few years, especially since the infamous Fukushima earthquake, there has been an increase in overall natural disasters worldwide. Hurricanes/Typhoons, Floods, Ice Storms, Earthquakes, Plagues (EBOLA and MERS), meteors (some causing damage like the one in Russia back in February 2013), and various wildlife exterminations.

This has led me to think that we are in the end times. Not the end of the earth per se, but the end of society as we know it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this is posted in the religious conspiracies section, but no, earthquakes are not supernatural in nature.

Earthquakes are caused when rock underground suddenly breaks along a fault. This sudden release of energy causes the seismic waves that make the ground shake.

There is nothing satanic, demonic or angelic about an earthquake's occurence.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I could easily prove this but at what cost? Fortunatly my ego is not so big that i would go that far as to cause harm to prove something but that does not negate what i have learned.

Yes such a small ego and such great care for your fellow man.

Thank you all mighty one for sparing us the proof that would inevitably bring about our doom.

I heard the door slam shut this morning when I woke up, at the far end of the apartment, this morning and right after whole apartment shook. We had a 4.0 earthquake, centered 17 miles West of Bremerton, something kind of funny about that, we have West Bremerton and East Bremerton.

And your question is in the title.

Not sure how your question relates to your OP, are you asking if a the door slamming shut was done by a ghost or something there abouts or if the earthquake shook your place which in turn made the shut and doors opening and closing are signs of paranormal activity to some so are earthquakes paranormal?

Help, I dont get it

edit on 14-10-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

join