It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis The Carbon Footprint Towards Climate Change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: Grimpachi
If it is legalized in my state come November and they allow a couple plants for personal at that point I will invest in a small greenhouse there is no way I would be putting up lights for an indoor grow. I think a lot of other people would do the same.

The Sunshine state of course...

Them is the perks

But damn my state is flat country for someone who grew up in NC it still drives me nutz sometimes.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

If they legalized it, it could be grown outdoors in plots or green houses. Weed absorbs co2 it is actually one gas that the plants thrive on. If grown commercially how much bio fuel and textiles and feed could be produced as byproducts? $38 dollars per ounce? Hell that is a bargain in today’s legal and illegal markets where weed goes for 60 an ounce for Reggie and $100 a quarter ounce for Cush. So it is still better to grow it than to buy it.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

If it is legalized in my state come November and they allow a couple plants for personal at that point I will invest in a small greenhouse there is no way I would be putting up lights for an indoor grow. I think a lot of other people would do the same.

The Sunshine state of course...

Them is the perks

But damn my state is flat country for someone who grew up in NC it still drives me nutz sometimes.

I went from California to Virginia 3 years ago, thats like getting a reprieve from hell and now I am in heaven. NC has some beautiful country as well.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wake up and smell the bovine excrement.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You can grow leaves and stem with 24 hour light, but not flowers. No one wants just leaves and stem

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's a good thing that marijuana is a plant and uses photosynthesis then isn't it?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You cannot grow Medicinal Quality Outdoors.

So, the lights it is...

Of course you can. Any plant you can grow indoors you can grow outdoors you just have to control the environment such as having it grow in a greenhouse.

Greenhouse Cannabis does not cut it in the Collectives around here.

You can't have a single bug or egg or excrement when looking under the Electro- Microscope.

In some places I'm sure Greenhouse grown is just fine. In So. Cal its bottom shelf.

Argue with me if you want. But, I worked at a Collective last year.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So, the lights it is...

Of course you can. Any plant you can grow indoors you can grow outdoors you just have to control the environment such as having it grow in a greenhouse.

You can't have a single bug or egg or excrement when looking under the Electro- Microscope.

In some places I'm sure Greenhouse grown is just fine. In So. Cal its bottom shelf.

Nothing speaks better than experience. So is it specialized indoor growing that produces the best cannabis? This makes people willing to spend much more money on the product? Is this one of those less is more things, where quality works so well a little goes along way?
edit on 18-9-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So, the lights it is...

Nothing speaks better than experience. So is it specialized indoor growing that produces the best cannabis? This makes people willing to spend much more money on the product? Is this one of those less is more things, where quality works so well a little goes along way?

Exactly....

I have seen the plant grow in a sidewalk crack. It will grow anywhere.

The stuff I saw come in the Collective was almost exclusively grown under lights.

Most growers use very expensive nutrients and steroids.

Now some grow naturally with great results...But, not top shelf at the Collective.

It is fairly complicated science to grow under lights. Most crops fail the first time.

Matter of fact...It was rare that someone off the street had the quality to buy.

It really does take knowledge and experience to grow "Medicinal"...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Seems like your judging your standards of what is "medicinal" just based off the percentage of THC present in the plant... where in reality there are various medicinally beneficial alkaloids in Cannabis - which when in the right balance/proportions to each other - make the plant as a whole, the most beneficial. This 'optimal balance' is almost certainly not going to be achieved via growing in unnatural/artificial conditions.

Sure it might make you that much more "stoned" but don't mistake the level of the high with the level of it's medicinal qualities.

Just as with GMO foods vs. NON-GMO/organic - natural is almost always the best course.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Seems like your judging your standards of what is "medicinal" just based off the percentage of THC present in the plant.

Yes, I was talking about the highest percentage of THC.

Of course, there are 10,000 different strains and even more uses.

Didn't mean to put anyone down.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I may be wrong but I think what you are saying is the indoor medical grows simply have a higher concentration of THC or CBD which only means they would need to smoke or cook with less of the plant so for someone like myself that would grow my own in a greenhouse just needs to add a bit more to whatever I am cooking to get the same effect. I don't like the smoke so I would cook with it someone else would need to smoke more for effect.

Am I right??

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Legalize it and let us grow it outside for ourselves.

There....problem solved.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I may be wrong but I think what you are saying is the indoor medical grows simply have a higher concentration of THC or CBD which only means they would need to smoke or cook with less of the plant so for someone like myself that would grow my own in a greenhouse just needs to add a bit more to whatever I am cooking to get the same effect. I don't like the smoke so I would cook with it someone else would need to smoke more for effect.

Am I right??

That's right. They are assigned a percentage based on the number of Trics.

Remember the leaves count for very little. You grow what's on the leaf.

When ready they are see through, and have an amber tint.

And Yes, you would just adjust accordingly.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What will be interesting is when progressives realize their high is costing them double what it should when the government gets involved. Then like every conservative the call for less regulation will be the cry, then they will hear me laughing all the way to Colorado.

The minute you spouted the word "progressives" is the minute I stopped listening to you.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I enjoyed the irony so much, I made a meme.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I enjoyed the irony so much, I made a meme.

What irony?

That the government has forced us to grow it indoors and thus creating climate change themselves?

Or that alcohol production produces CO2 at an even more alarming rate than a plant would as it CONSUMES CO2?

Or the fact that you people are putting the cart before the horse? Now THAT is ironic......and funny, along with just plain stupid.

edit on 19-9-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy

What irony?

That the government has forced us to grow it indoors and thus creating climate change themselves?

Don't grow it at all. See? Easy-peasy.

Or that alcohol production produces CO2 at an even more alarming rate than a plant would as it CONSUMES CO2?

Alcohol is awesome though. That's why God made livers.

Or the fact that you people are putting the cart before the horse? Now THAT is ironic......and funny, along with just plain stupid.

The last person who called me stupid took my crayons.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The last person who called me stupid took my crayons.

I call it as I sees it.

BTW...I didn't call you stupid. That's against the T&Cs. I called this idea stupid.

Please tell me why there aren't studies being done on the amount of CO2 being discharged from all the breweries in the USA and world?

Maybe because they aren't being demonized at the moment? eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

OK. Got it. One thing that will add to my footprint if legalized here is a subscription to HighTimes cause I don't know much at all about growing.

I had some growing out in the woods when I lived in NC as a kid but it was dirt weed.It is interesting about the amber tint because a few years ago I was down in Costa Rica and took a rafting trip at the end a meal was included at an organic farm where they raised everything. Had a couple shots of sugar cane white lighting and ate a meal of tilapia they raised there as well. While we took a tour through I noticed some plants with a familiar shape except they were almost purple. The guide confirmed what it was which surprised me cause it isn't legal there but from what he said they can legally grow it for export to CA.

No matter what I said he wouldn't dole out a taste like they did with the moonshine. I did notice everyone working there seemed mellow and happy.

Anyway, I guess some can go beyond amber to almost purple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join