It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas officials approve a huge pay raise... for themselves.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The Lubbock politico have an arrogant streak as big as Texas.

I too live in Texas and I couldn't agree more with this statement providing it's not limited to Lubbock. Especially seeing how it so aptly describes politicians across our great state, BUT.... last I heard, these people are elected to their positions so what does that say about the voting majority here in Texas?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I hate Lubbock. My son goes to Tech, so we drive up from time to time. It is the second worst drive in the area (second only to the 5 hour misery that is a drive over to El Paso).

Lubbock is all about pretense. "Fake it till you make it". Pseudo socialites and 50 year old frat boys.

and might I add....
an underlying tone of Christian, spiritual, religious arrogance that defies description!!!

I was born and raised in Lubbock, still own the family farm there and dread the times when I have to return on business.

edit on 18-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: olaru12
The Lubbock politico have an arrogant streak as big as Texas.

I too live in Texas and I couldn't agree more with this statement providing it's not limited to Lubbock. Especially seeing how it so aptly describes politicians across our great state, BUT.... last I heard, these people are elected to their positions so what does that say about the voting majority here in Texas?

The voting majority lives east of I35. Austin is absolutely no representative of West Texas. Their interests stop around Dallas, straight down to "the valley".

THe problem, as far as West Texans typically see it, is that Dallas, Austin (which is really just a personal version of San Francisco) and Houston make all the decisions for us, and divy up our money. Despite the fact that it is the resources under our feet that are what drives the state economy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join