It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS bans math, social studies for children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Maybe it wasn't just a Western engineered plot to invade Syria.

It goes well beyond a "western plot" for sure. In fact, it probably goes all the way to the top to Satan himself. This agenda and/or pre-manufactured storyline has been told a thousand times over. Even as a general non-believer to an extent can see the obvious connections and lead up to where we are now.

I find it strikingly odd that as the years and decades progress I see humanity regress. Cool toys and expensive gadgets that go kaboom in the night is certainly not a measuring stick for humanity, at least it shouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TerrorAlertRed

They should recruit the Texas text book committee, those folks know thing or two about keeping learning in line with religious beliefs.

I wish I was kidding.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I must say, I can see a ban on social studies until they rewrite the books (I'm certain they would) however, banning math makes zero sense whatsoever.

Math is so imperative in life, you cannot build a bridge or a building, do your shopping or own a small business without knowing math. In the history of Islam math has never once been scoffed at. Actually, the earliest Muslims were usually highly educated and had very well rounded educations as a whole.

I'd think we should have more proof of this prior to jumping on the bandwagon. I wouldn't put very much past ISIS - except this. The members of ISIS are also highly educated in most cases, and I don't see them doing this - it's too ignorant. You cannot have a society who doesn't know any math that could possibly function - even if it doesn't have any contact with the outside world, it still has to function together. Without math it cannot do this.

Hell, even the Native Americans used math. Living in teepees and doing little with building, they still used math to calculate day to day things! How in the heck would anyone even consider this? Again, I think some proof would be good - before jumping right to believing this story.

Okay - this can probably go into the hoax bin. CNN has now pulled the story... this is what they said:

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story contained reporting about ISIS and education. CNN has concerns about the interpretation of the information provided and we will update the story when we can verify what is happening.

Same link as the OP. They Pulled it.

edit on 18-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I went to chase down sources and CNN has now pulled the story saying:

Editor's note: An earlier version of this story contained reporting about ISIS and education. CNN has concerns about the interpretation of the information provided and we will update the story when we can verify what is happening.

Same link as the OP. They Pulled it. This is now officially a false story. There is now a different story in place of the one you are showing. Yours no longer exists.

I have chased down this story all across the internet, and CNN was the source for every instance of this story.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
Give yourself 500 points, please.

There's all this propaganda that ISIL is all up in Syria!!! Bomb them!!! Look out Assad. Then, magically, it will be claimed that ISIL's headquarters are in Iran.

But yeah, just teach them common core. That will make their minds cloudy. They need to know when "Columbus discovered America".

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Sounds something what Ted Cruz and his fellow religious fanatics would do if they implement their dream of a 'Christian America'. If you watch the video the guy mentions that the American Taliban (Ted Cruz and others) denies Science which is something the Taliban, ISIS and other radical Islamists group would do.

For those of you who have a Hard time believing that the American Taliban Exist I would like to show you a video:

edit on 18-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Though some may try they don't possess the higher genetics sciences to suppress the knowledge within and this attempt to do so will backfire eventually. Sad this is the level of control administered upon the children. You would think if some seek to truly advance "their influenced" that education or intelligence would be a primary priority, but alas another signature of the CREATOR Energy Group

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Really, a false story...tell that to The Times of India. It looks like they are still spewing CNN's story with their own headline and twists.

ISIS bans math, sport, social studies for children
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

DUBAI: Thousands of children in swaths of war-torn Syria, now controlled by dreaded Islamic State militants, can no longer study math or social studies under new diktats issued by the jihadists.

While sports is banned, the children will not be allowed to learn about elections and democracy.

Instead, the children will be subjected to the teachings of the radical Islamist group. And any teacher who dares to break the rules "will be punished."

ISIS announced its new educational demands in fliers posted on billboards and on street poles, CNN reported.

The Sunni militant group has captured a slew of Syrian and Iraqi cities in recent months as it tries to establish a caliphate, or Islamic state, spanning Sunni parts of both countries.

In the letter, ISIS said alternative courses will be added.

It also said teachers must erase the phrase Syrian Arab Republic, the official name of Syria, and replace it with Islamic State.

Educators cannot teach nationalistic and ethnic ideology and must instead teach "the belonging to Islam ... and to denounce infidelity and infidels."

Books cannot include any reference to evolution. And teachers must say that the laws of physics and chemistry "are due to Allah's rules and laws."

The letter ends with a firm warning: "This is an obligatory announcement, and all violators will be punished." 200 Syrians killed in one day.

The brutal advances of ISIS in Syria come as the country grapples with a three-year civil war with no clear victor in sight.

The UN estimates more than 190,000 people have died in the violence between Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime and rebels seeking an end to four decades of al-Assad family rule. In recent weeks, the IS militants killed two American journalists and a British aid worker, prompting world leaders to form joint front to eliminate the newest threat.

The IS group has carried out abuses including beheadings and crucifixions, and faced a backlash from Syrian rebel groups opposed to its violations and harsh interpretation of Islam.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The Times of India is using CNN as their source.

Note when they say: "CNN reported" that means CNN is their source for the story... also notice it is nearly word for word to the original CNN story - which has been pulled.

Also, when you go to the Times of India (Mobile Version) for the story, and click on the picture that goes with this story, you will see them highlight the story line ISIS announced its new educational demands in fliers posted on billboards and on street poles" along with the "CNN reported" phrase.

Just because the Times of India either thinks web hits are more important than the truth, or they simply haven't gone back to CNN to see the story was pulled, is rather beside the point to whether or not the story is true don't you think.

CNN reported it, and has said it is not accurate enough to keep running it... that is what is most important, not what another paper does, but the one who actually "Reported it" in the first place - because only they can double check their source and know whether or not the way it was ran was true. And since their source is literally the ONLY source for this story, I would trust CNN if they are willing to admit their source was inaccurate in some way.

However, if you can show me one of the fliers, we can get down to the business of translating it to find out what is and is not true. If you prefer. Since the flier is supposedly where the information came from to begin with - then being able to see and translate it will be quite helpful.

I didn't see where the Times of India showed one of the fliers... did you?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That's why I said, " It looks like they (Times of India) are still spewing CNN's story with their own headline and twists."

And for the record I was suspicious from the start when I came across the story on CNN with no hard evidence of the flier.

Propaganda was my first thought and remains the same...it just sucks that such a 'credible news source' would report so poorly.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This story by CNN actually prompted me to make a separate thread because just a small post didn't cut all that was in my head related to the question; "Why lie"

So I made a thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because it's not just CNN (although even I expected better from them) it's more than one outlet - and more than one story although NOT every story is false... So I thought it relevant enough to make a topic about my thoughts on the matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Propaganda, propaganda, propaganda is all I can say. Hopefully CNN will update their story and get their facts straight.

Just found this little article from the 15th....

ISIS eradicates art, history and music from curriculum in Iraq
www.cbsnews.com...

BAGHDAD -- The extremist-held Iraqi city of Mosul is set to usher in a new school year. But unlike years past, there will be no art or music. Classes about history, literature and Christianity have been "permanently annulled."

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) has declared patriotic songs blasphemous and ordered that certain pictures be torn out of textbooks.

Play VIDEO
Fighting ISIS: Former CIA deputy director on call to send U.S. troops to Iraq, Syria
But instead of compliance, Iraq's second largest city has - at least so far - responded to the Sunni militants' demands with silence. Although the extremists stipulated that the school year would begin Sept. 9, pupils have uniformly not shown up for class, according to residents who spoke anonymously because of safety concerns. They said families were keeping their children home out of mixed feelings of fear, resistance and uncertainty.

"What's important to us now is that the children continue receiving knowledge correctly, even if they lose a whole academic year and an official certification," a Mosul resident who identified himself as Abu Hassan told The Associated Press, giving only his nickname for fear of reprisals. He and his wife have opted for home schooling, picking up the required readings at the local market.

The fall of Mosul on June 10 was a turning point in Iraq's war against the jihadi group that calls itself the Islamic State. The U.S.-trained Iraqi military, harassed for months by small-scale attacks, buckled almost instantly when militants advanced on the city. Commanders disappeared. Pleas for more ammunition went unanswered. In some cases, soldiers stripped off their uniforms and ran.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

How about this article someone tweeted me today. I can't get it translated well enough and it was from a pro-Israeli Twitterer. Also, I can't find the connecting source from the Washington Post, but it's interesting because of another article I found today...CIA related to be printed in the Boston Globe on Sunday.

CIA-Chef gesteht Misstrauen von US-Bürgern
de.awdnews.com...

Spy. Assassinate. Protect.
www.bostonglobe.com...

Anythoughts?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join