It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

No ... no ... do you believe it? I expect he'd call too, but only once he was in the clear (in his mind). I'd guess he'd be well clear of the woods before that call came in.

You know, if it was part of a lure, it would be FUN.

[edited out]

Dammit.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Simple boobytraps are, well, simple. And once you got the theory down right, you can scale them up with a little ingenuity. Personally one of my favorite hobbies is coming up with cool boobytrap concepts and testing them out

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Simple boobytraps are, well, simple. And once you got the theory down right, you can scale them up with a little ingenuity. Personally one of my favorite hobbies is coming up with cool boobytrap concepts and testing them out

The problem I see with that [approach] is if he had 'built/created" those ahead of time. there's the chance they would have been found/incurred by locals in the woods before he'd 'done his deed'. thereby possibly exposing his 'game', so to speak.

If he'd have made tripwire-activated pointed branches and the like. fall pits with upward-facing spikes and such. he risked having it all exposed and looked into prior to being able to 'carry out his mission'.

those woods are vast and secluded but there are still many in the area that would be out and about, possibly stumbling onto the same.

???

[ETA]

His best foot forward, with regards prior planning' would be that of hidden supplies and bunkers.

much less likely to draw attentions and possibly foil his folly before it even began.

???
edit on 10/2/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c
That is the downfall of boobytraps, like bombs, they kill indiscriminately. Might snag a target, might snag some poor kid playing in the woods as well.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Strangely enough, to me anyway, is that they have stopped interviewing people who knew this guy. I'm wondering if they did this because the people who knew him, had known him for many years, wouldn't say he's the devil incarnate. All the friends/neighbors I saw interviewed were expressing doubt about the characterization of the PSP as "anti-law enforcement." Nobody could say what "episode" caused him to "have a beef" with police officers in general.....every interview I heard characterized him as a nice guy who enjoyed his re-enactment activities so I'm wondering who, exactly, the police have interviewed that the msm people can't find to interview.
This whole case has a really, really bad smell to it.
I'm beginning to believe this guy may turn out to be another D.B. Cooper.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The latest is that police now believe the diapers may not have came from Frein after all.

During the current press conference they've also released photos of a supposed 'Frein camp site' which shows a few pieces of camo clothing and a rucksack. They also say they believe he's been living off cans of tuna and ramen noodles whilst in the woods.

Police also have said they're talking with Frein's family about possibly making an appeal for him to surrender. Lol, not feeling so confident anymore PSP?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Capitalsource
It seems like anytime they find anything in the woods, they are gonna say it's sign that he is still there, it must be his.

edit on Fri, 03 Oct 2014 18:01:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

I don't know man I've gotten lost in these woods as a kid before and there's a lot of rough terrain out there that.people mostly stay out of except hunters.

Hell I know people who hunt there and they usually have their little spots they stick with.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Capitalsource
The latest is that police now believe the diapers may not have came from Frein after all.

If the diaper does not fit, you must acquit.

ps
That's some mighty clean gear:

edit on 3-10-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
As soon as pressure is put on the Governor's office, they're gonna have to scale this way back. Not sure who's going to win 'the waiting' game.

Hide the information Bivens ... hide, hide, hide.

Bivens on Tuesday said he could not discuss the cost to taxpayers of the search because that figure did not exist. He referenced "a delay in the nature of the system used or reporting." However, he said police would "be glad" to discuss the costs as they become available.

The unavailability of the accounting continued Friday, state police press secretary Maria A. Finn said in an email.

"Lt. Col. Bivens addressed this question several times in his media briefings," wrote Finn, who has been at the Pocono Mountains command post for 19 days. "We will not have a good accounting of the cost of the operation until it's concluded. At that time, we will be happy to release the information."

Kelly also declined to comment, saying in an email his role is providing updates on "actual investigative information not the administrative type of information. I'm sure that will be available post incident."

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: Capitalsource

If the diaper does not fit, you must acquit.

ps
That's some mighty clean gear:

Really? Is that what they are saying he's been dragging around the woods for two weeks? Seriously? Or are you having us on?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As time goes on and law enforcement pulls out phony BS props trying to justify their still being in the field when they know damn good and well that Frien is long gone; this just further erodes confidence in LE. And the transparent fear mongering, photo ops, press releases, blatant PR,

2 weeks....come on!
edit on 4-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
lol are the police just gonna give up?

i remember weeks ago people and police were saying this guy wouldn't make it past October now look at it, they cant even find him

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Link

Interesting video of a drive through the search area. There's am amazing number of guys just watching the roads. Doesn't show anyone searching the woods.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm only able to play the first few seconds. Then it says unavailable. Weird.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Sorry 'bout that. There are a number of videos on that site I've seen that don't play at first, but they do if you come back and try again later. Bandwidth??

Anyway, the video shows what appears to be the dash cam of a cop's car rolling down the road a mile or so. Cops and cop cars spaced out about every 50 feet to 50 yards. No way Frein, or anyone else could bolt across the street without being seen.

Again, it goes to show how much money is being pumped into this search with zero return on investment. Question: Would they commit such resources had you been the one shot?

ETA: It's still playing for me over here in Korea.
edit on 5102014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Anyway, the video shows what appears to be the dash cam of a cop's car rolling down the road a mile or so. Cops and cop cars spaced out about every 50 feet to 50 yards. No way Frein, or anyone else could bolt across the street without being seen..

Is there a big creek? If you're unassing an area, and there's a navigable creek, they often fail to watch for people in canoes. Or even just wading down the thing.

We had the LEOs after someone once locally, it wasn't quite THIS intense, but I noticed while they had the roads covered really well, they didn't have one single swinging richard on the rails-to-trails bike trail. You could have easily biked out, or walked. And no one would have been the least bit aware.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Or jogged. I doubt they're looking very hard at people Not wearing camouflage. How much room does a T-shirt, running shorts, a hat and sunglasses take up in a bag you leave behind in the woods?

LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Or jogged. I doubt they're looking very hard at people Not wearing camouflage. How much room does a T-shirt, running shorts, a hat and sunglasses take up in a bag you leave behind in the woods?

LOL

Or, under your cammies!
second...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

LOL

Or, under your cammies!
second...

Nah ... the diaper would've been a hindrance.

LOL

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join