It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: 12m8keall2c
How do we know these explosive devices were left there by Frein? What evidence proves that?
Total fabrication by the cops!

guess we'll have to wait for the presser to find out how/why they're linking them to frein.

When i first heard of it i thought back to the supposed flash/bang heard yesterday, that they may have detonated the device and that's what caused the reports of flash/bang in/near Cadensis.

???

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes that's more like it. Don't take the cop's word for anything. They are known to lie all the time. By making this claim about an explosive device being found, they are trying to justify their need for MRAP's and other military freebies. This is so blatant to me, what they are doing. I'm not sure though if the cops were really shot and killed or if they were and it was by some agency higher up than the state police such as DHS, DOJ, or FEMA. I don't believe Frein is responsible, he's a patsy. Where's the evidence of his ranting against law enforcement? That is just an allegation by the cops.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Bivens just confirmed that they recovered two 'pipe bomb devices' that they believe have been left by Frein.

Bivens also said that Frein appears to be hastily leaving things and seems stressed and unorganized.

I'd hardly agree - He hasn't supposedly been sighted in a week, and you still haven't caught him Bivens, so he cannot be that unorganized.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
presser:

state police continue to locate and take possession of his supplies and weapons stored.

they've found two pipe bombs that could be detonated either by tripwire or lighted fuse.

they've had credible sightings as recent as the past 24 hours.

items left behind in a manner that shows he was in the process of using them - hastily discarded/left behind.

what they've found has been in the area/perimeter of the search zone.

don't want to disclose specifics about exactly what they have recovered at this point, but may do so in the future.

can't say if he made the explosive devices, just that they're being looked at by the FBI.

devices not deployed, but found in or near other items they've recovered.

some of the items found, 'he brought with him' others were likely stored ahead of time.

the devices have been rendered safe, but explosives experts have confirmed that they would have a substantial explosive force.

the flash/bang from yesterday was part of a search in the area, but that it was deployed by PSP

they're not willing to disclose all details of the evidence collected thus far, focusing more on public safety issues and the search area itself.

all within the past 24 hrs.

concern over hunters going into the search area. use extreme caution if going into the search area. wear orange. be cautious and stay clear of officers actively conducting the search.

no reason to believe he is receiving any support or assistance by anyone else.

no shots fired by law enforcement thus far.

shots fired in the woods, but no way to determine their source or intended target(s).

5 mile search radius remains substantially close to current area/perimeter.... a much more contained area than it could be.

have had situations where they felt confident they had him contained and would be able to take into custody, but at distances where he was still able to evade capture.

we've significantly degraded his ability to continue.

we don't believe this was his actual plan, but that the way things went/have gone, things went 'wrong' with 'his plan' and basically forced him to remain in the area search/perimeter.

night time search contingents still number in the hundreds.

he had a plan, but 'don't believe this is the way he had thought things would go'

things he's abandoned not necessarily per his plan. that he had to to avoid capture.

have found a number of locations where he has stayed, but can't say they've actually found something Bivens would consider/call an actual bunker. - potential deer blinds, etc.

continue to find items that clearly belong to him.

feels certain that frein is not sleeping well at night. stressed and has had his ability to continue significantly impacted.

dark colored clothing in all sightings @ 75-100 yard distances.

everyone involved still highly confident and focused on bringing this to a resolve asap.

doesn't believe troopers shot were specifically targeted.

that was about it.

32 min. presser

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
OUCH

That's a fair amount of hurt to anyone within several meters.

little surprised on the length of the fuse, though.

would seem to indicate nearby active deployment. light it toss it - like.

???

the 'tripwire' at the 'base' wouldn't seem to unravel to much of a 'remotely-deployable distance either.

? tie it to a tree, limb, branch mere meters away. ?

the number of large nuts, for shrapnel, should be of concern depending upon the amount of explosive 'power' of the actual contents 'explosive power'.

if that were packed with c4 it'd likely clear a good 30-50 meter perimeter or better area outright.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Kinda doubt it's C4, not exactly easy to come by. Gun powder is, also can empty a few boomboom type fireworks is easy. Also if I remember correctly C4 only detonates with electric charge, not flame.

edit on Tue, 30 Sep 2014 16:37:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

yeah. likely black powder, but even that would make them quite a bit more than mere over-sized 'firecrackers'.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

me
looks like 2" pvc, capped and coated with 3/8" bolt nuts.

basically more a 'shrapnel grenade' than an actual pipe bomb. similar construction, though.

[ETA]

with black powder, it wouldn't be sufficient explosive force to 'split the nuts into pieces', but more than capable of making each and every an individual lethal projectile out to a fair distance depending upon how/where it was deployed and detonated.

edit on 9/30/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I forget what they are called, but there are some boom boom firecrackers that can obliterate your hand. Empty about 6 of those and I think you have the equivilent of a stick of TNT. We used to toss them into the pond and everyone within like 20 feet got wet lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

m80s?

their 'told' to be the equivalent of a quarter stick, but we used them for .. erghmm... uhm... 'fishing' a time or three..
and i don't think they have THAT much explosive power.

larger ones, perhaps. yeah.

edit on 9/30/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: m80s. to m80?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I forget what they are called, but there are some boom boom firecrackers that can obliterate your hand. Empty about 6 of those and I think you have the equivilent of a stick of TNT. We used to toss them into the pond and everyone within like 20 feet got wet lol.

seems the M-1000 [quarter stick] would be that which you speak of.

www.atf.gov...

longer larger than the m-80s.

from the looks of the size of 'frein's pic' you could likely fit 3-4 inside that tube.... effecitively equaling the 'explosive power' to that of a full stick... replete with external shrapnel [metal nuts] to ensure maximum 'damage'.

???

edit on 9/30/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah I think that is the one. I used to get my fireworks in huge boxes, came with 4 of those among all the other ones that were more the pretty kind of fireworks.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

An obvious prop. If they suspected it was real they would have brought in the bomb squad to neutralize it or blow it up. The last thing they would do is pick it up by hand.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I agree. In my area, there have been incidents of suspicious packages or backpacks throughout the years. They bring in the bomb squad to put it in a bomb container via robot and take it to a remote location where they blow it up in said container.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Absolutely. The whole thing is just another false flag psy-op. The masters need more sweeping powers.

What are they afraid of?

They are afraid of our awakening to their one world power trip game.

See, the sky above us, space, is their new dragnet. This covers us all.

That is precisely why they wish to install a world order. They are drooling for the day when they can concentrate their technofascist weapons on us all, to a man. No more of that ideological tribal warfare. They want to crush us like the slaves we are. Why else would they use technology to bind us, when it could help us? It's exactly like giving the kids walkie talkies, and then listening in on what the kids say, and do. And all this data gets saved. Saved for the day when cops will kick down a door because we use tungsten filament lightbulbs, or tobacco.

# 289

edit on 30-9-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

An obvious prop. If they suspected it was real they would have brought in the bomb squad to neutralize it or blow it up. The last thing they would do is pick it up by hand.

Yeah ... that's a really good point. Either goes the way of fear mongering or ineptitude (or maybe a little of both).

I did some dumb # when I was a rookie ... truth be told. -blushes at the thought-

-Cheers

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

me
looks like 2" pvc, capped and coated with 3/8" bolt nuts.

I'm thinking it's actually a prescription pill bottle spray painted:

thebillfold.com...

You can see in the indents on the top cap the cap part is cut out and exposes the interior plastic. On the "pipe bomb" picture you can see the cutouts, and see the ridge of the bottle underneath.

Those containers are a lot weaker than properly capped PVC tubing and I wouldn't imagine would build up much pressure before splitting and just flaming up. Maybe producing more of a fireball effect than an actual explosion with any sort of pressure.

Seems like an odd choice for producing an explosive device, with the time he supposedly has been preparing for this getting at least PVC would have been expected. I'd imagine he'd avoid steel due to the weight, but going with such a crappy vessel seems odd.

But if someone other than Eric Frein was in a hurry to produce something that looks like a scary explosive to plant in the woods, it would make sense to use something like a pill bottle.
edit on 1-10-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982
It does look like a pill bottle, thats not going to produce much of a blast at all, I agree its will more flare up then explode. If it is a pill bottle it just doesn't make sense.
Cannot say for sure by just a picture though.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It looks similar in shape to that pill bottle, but also larger, unless that gloved person has really tiny hands.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Kinda doubt it's C4, not exactly easy to come by. Gun powder is, also can empty a few boomboom type fireworks is easy. Also if I remember correctly C4 only detonates with electric charge, not flame.

Doesn't detonate with electric charge. You need a fuze, otherwise known as a "blasting cap". Now, some fuzing is electric, some's trip wire, some are the sort you light. You can get fuzing in delay or immediate, depending on how you want to set your sequence up. I've seen some really nice improvised stuff that uses shotgun primers.

You can get your hands on C4 or semtex. Det cord, too. Although most folks wouldn't know where to begin, which is fine by me.

You can buy commercial stuff too, or abscond with it, if you know what you're doing. Luckily, most whack-jobs don't seem to be trained that way. Maybe crazy and explosives don't mix well, I don't know.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join