It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

As I said my opinion but thats based on my logic and I am certainly not Mr Frein. Just something has felt wrong since I read that he left his ID in the abandoned / wrecked jeep. Then being seen so many times and is tempting fate, by that I mean one of those troopers must be able to shoot.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
they apparently kicked him up again today, essentially in someone's 'backyard'.... lost him in the distance, but have reported that they found a jacket he left behind. intentional 'taunt' or otherwise, that's just one more 'personal item' for the dogs to scent off of in their search.

I don't see how he's getting away if that's the case. The primary strategy in a manhunt is to get outside of their perimeter. The trick here is that you can't get them to close the perimeter because once they close it all the way and don't find you, they'll be back on the trail. You need a large perimeter that can't be easily searched. With dogs having a good scent I just don't see how he's getting away. I also don't think this guy would be dumb enough to sacrifice his jacket knowing the time of year it is.

More than likely this is just another one of those reports that will turn out false when all of the facts are in.

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Something does not add up here; if Mr Frein has such a desire to shoot LEO's why has he not shot any in the last two weeks? Either there is more to the story of why he chose the two troopers he shot or he has left the area, imho.

The moment he opens fire they know where he is. It drastically shrinks the perimeter as well as refocuses it. If he's still in the woods his primary goal is evading capture and getting out of them. Getting into a gunfight is a suicide move.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

As I said my opinion but thats based on my logic and I am certainly not Mr Frein. Just something has felt wrong since I read that he left his ID in the abandoned / wrecked jeep. Then being seen so many times and is tempting fate, by that I mean one of those troopers must be able to shoot.

for that to make sense. you have to understand/realize the terrain. he could be twenty-forty feet in front of them and still have the ability to conceal himself/escape.

rocks, formations, trees, laurel, shrubs, etc. .. not to mention the many caves and crevasses he has to take up temp cover.

???

they'd near have to go shoulder to shoulder strong to effect a 'proper search', which some of the SERT teams have in various locations, to actually root him out.

dude seems pretty good at evading presence known/capture.

????

my biggest interest is 'in what condition(s) will he be found, taken into custody or shot dead'

his choices in that regard are quite limited at the moment.

???

spread eagle on the ground.

walking aimlessly proclaiming his surrender, in a vocal manner.

showing up on a road with his hands in the air... doing the same.

otherwise ... he'll be another headshot we never get to hear from.

???

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This is what, Frein's 17th day on the lam? I bet the average salary is somewhere in the range of $40/hr for each of his pursuers (overtime rates considered). I saw a couple of memes in this light. Do you think the PSP will scale back their efforts near-term?

Can't find any news on Frein's coat being found ... just dookey diapers and his AK. Anyone got a link to that?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

This is what, Frein's 17th day on the lam? I bet the average salary is somewhere in the range of $40/hr for each of his pursuers (overtime rates considered). I saw a couple of memes in this light. Do you think the PSP will scale back their efforts near-term?

Can't find any news on Frein's coat being found ... just dookey diapers and his AK. Anyone got a link to that?

From what I understand they budget for this type of stuff, but once they exceed the budget they have to reign it in a bit. To be perfectly honest I assume that's part of his strategy.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

it was mentioned yesterday after they apparently jumped him up behind someone's house in the area.

just google " Frein Jacket " ..... seems they found some protein bar wrappers as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Capitalsource

We've heard nothing from him. He's loving this.

How long do you think it'll be before the costs begin to take their toll, the community tires of the police state, etc.?

They've had his name for two solid weeks and all we've heard are made up reports of gunfire exchanges and this optimist, Lt. Col. George Bivens, telling us how they've got him cornered. I wonder if ole boy's got the heart to admit to us that Frein 'got away' despite the PSP's best efforts. -chuckle

Right now there is no anger towards police in the area at all. There's many signs posted around the area supporting the PSP and locals are making sandwiches and hot drinks for news reporters and officers etc. At the end of the day, the majority of the police offers out there looking for Frein are regular men and women like all of us, who are doing their job. Even if this is some sort of set-up, they won't have been told, and they're still searching through hostile terrain for a man that potentially wants to kill them. The locals are giving the PSP as much support as they can.

I think the true test will come when hunting season begins, and if they still haven't caught him. How do the PSP act then? Do they allow hunters into the woods? Do they restrict hunting season?

Quite honestly, no one is really too bothered anymore. Obviously there is still the worry of having a murderer running round the woods when the police don't really seem to know where he is, but the local population have wised up and realized that he's probably not a danger to regular folk. He would have had ample opportunity to kill more people if he wanted to, and he hasn't.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Capitalsource because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Finding trash in the woods and assuming it's his? Jumping to conclusions a bit, no? Wrappers could have blown from someone's trash after a coon ripped it open.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

protein bar wrappers in the jacket or nearby vicinity would seem not just merely 'trash that blew away'.

scanner chatter was mentioning something about flash/bang(s) in or around Cadensis a while ago... not sure what that's all about, but they're sending units to check it out... more as it becomes available.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's beginning to sound like some hollywood drama lol.
Apparently this guy can outrun dogs and disappear into thin air when people on the perimeter have spotted him. OR maybe they are just seeing things. Who knows, maybe the cops planted the jacket and wrappers to give them an excuse to keep the searches going.

Before that they have said he has approached the perimeter of their search area, staying just far enough away that officers could not get a clear shot at him. They say dogs flushed him out at one stage but he was far enough away to flee.

Bivens also revealed that Frein had bought equipment that would help him build a bunker in the woods. However he said the intensive search had failed to discover that bunker.

That cracks me up. So he bought a bulldozer and a concrete truck? Or are they saying he bought a shovel and would have us believe he is like a superhuman goliath and can dig and make a bunker by hand?
edit on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:03:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

i think a lot of whats being said/reported is being taken way out of context to push/further individual agendas and what not.

the police aren't going to unleash the dogs on him for fear they might get shot, so to hear that he popped out in the distance and was able to flee isn't such a stretch at all.

in the PA woods of that area, it wouldn't take anything more than a small hatchet and a folding shovel to carve out a 'bunker' of sorts. va bit rocky, but the soil isn't that difficult to 'excavate'... especially if it's something he accomplished over time.

just this past summer would have been more than sufficient to make several, conceal and 'stock' them sufficiently to take extended cover in.

add in the many little caves and crevasses nature affords him... it's not that big a surprise that he's been able to capitalize on those as a means to avoid detection/capture.

what's not in his favor is the soon to be gone thick foliage in the tree canopies and the cold of winter setting in + all the hunters that will soon be taking to the woods in that area.

good 'survivalist' or not. his days really are numbered.

nice 10 point buck or nice $175K buck ... not much of a decision as to which is the most likely shot to be taken.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There was a loud bang heard around Canadensis at around 2pm.

Police have stated that it was a "flash bang device". Make of that what you will - Did the police use it? Have they stormed somewhere? Was it a booby trap?

No elaboration from PSP.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
could be completely unrelated, but some guy in the area, that had state boys out for a breaking/entering yesterday is now calling back in with a report of three firearms missing from the residence.

unrelated? time will tell.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That is herp derp worthy..... Took a day to realize your guns are missing? That would be the first thing I check if a breakin occurred....

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

i'm assuming the previous day's call was a break/entry.... as the dispatcher referenced the location as the one the officer had been sent/called to yesterday... but.... yeah? :herp::derp:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Keep in mind that he picked his moment to attack the cops. This was premeditated. If the time of year was unfavorable for him he could have waited until say April when he wouldn't need to worry about the soon to be cold nights, or foliage disappearing, or even footprints in the snow.

Now I'm not saying the guy is a genius but he's managed to evade capture long enough that he clearly knows his stuff. He knows how to move and he knows how the police operate. That implies that he picked this time of year because it was optimal.

Going back to the perimeter that I mentioned before maybe his plan is to have budgetary issues start to creep up around hunting season, which will put pressure on the police to call off the search and let the hunters into the woods. With the extra commotion going on at that time, maybe that's when he plans to slip out?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

game commission has issued an alert that hunters should don/wear full orange. front/back/head.

doesn't seem they're looking to curtail hunting season in any way.... haven't heard anything about the search area 'area'.... but if they try that they're gonna have a lot of pissed off people NOT from the area... seeking to access/use their 'hunting cabin' for the weekend, etc..

don't see them restricting hunting/archery season any... other than perhaps. bold warnings regarding safety/discretion in the woods.

they can't keep licensed hunters from being there. that's what they pay their licensing fees for.

???

spoke to my mom the other day and the leaves are starting to fall more heavily due to recent harder frosts....

his 'canopy of protection' from IR imaging is quickly going to dissipate/disappear soon enough. add to that greatly increased activities in the woods, [how would he be able to determine between the two. he's gotta stay away/ahead of them all]...

'well done' [on not being found, survivalist-wise], but... days numbered.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
then, again, Aazadan , may be that's what he's counting on for an opportunity to 'make his final escape' out of thye area.

hundreds/thousands of hunters in and out of the woods sure does make for a 'duck shoot' of sorts.

hope we don't start seeing/hearing of hunters either being picked off by him or even PSP.

or shooting each other due to false identifications.

ugh.

???

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The police have been saying that he was on social networks being all "anti-cop" and yet not one instance of same has been produced.....
Lots of stuff about this story just makes you go....wwwhhhaaat? At the beginning I thought it could be shoddy reporting....now I tend to think otherwise with all the cockamamie stuff being put out by the cops.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
See...? What did I say earlier was going to be the conclusion of this fake manhunt? He will be "found" hiding in a bunker and killed. Just like in Texas. No need for a trial, just local hill billy cops slapping themselves on the back and proclaiming themselves as heroes. These fake HSEEP drills are so predictable...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join