It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys don skirts to back transgender pupil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Kids learn so much better when they don't have to suppress who they are. Is liberty ever a waste of time?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Cool but official school uniforms should be slacks for everyone...boys and girls. That way they wouldn't even have to change for gym class and they could even do cart wheels and kick balls and what not and not have to worry about their "junk" being on display, no matter the gender.

I gotta say tho, the kilt pics have got my undies in a bunch. I better go put some slacks on, LOL.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Hmm. I should buy a kilt apparently.

Yes.

Yes you should.

Only next time, let's ditch the matching pink pompoms, okay ?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Who will be the first transgender to be molested in the boy room?

What sort of comment is that? Really, regardless of the complete ignorance of trans issues, what does that add to the conversation?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Every time I read a story like the OP's all I hear in my head is,

"Look at me! I'm different! I demand special treatment!"

IMO if you want to tuck your junk between your legs and pretend to be a woman you have the weekend and the time you're not at school to do so. What he is doing is using the educational system as a soapbox for his personal/political opinions.

The only difference between this guy and the kid wearing a Pro-2nd Amendment shirt is you happen to agree with one and not the other, even though only one of them actually caused a class disturbance.

This is why I'm in favor of asexual uniforms; slacks and a collared shirt for all.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Part time liberty?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

No, thats not how substantive equity works, its "I'm different and I demand the same treatment".

I know progressive ideals are something you have trouble grasping, but this is how it is.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I hope for everyone elses sake this transansexual isn't insistant on going commando

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's nice to see a "good news" story once in a while, it warms my heart to see them stand up for their classmate.

On another note, I've always thought that skirts look so comfortable to wear. I really should look into getting myself a nice utility kilt some day. They make them out of denim and canvas type cloth, complete with pockets and such to put your tools in and a loop to hang your hammer from.

EDIT to sayzaar: I would definitely go commando in a kilt. Letting the boys breath would be the comfortable part of wearing such a garment, especially in hot weather. I don't believe the Scots wear anything under their kilts, and they don't seem to have any issues with over exposure.
edit on 20/9/2014 by anxietydisorder because: Added a reply to sayzaar

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
No, thats not how substantive equity works, its "I'm different and I demand the same treatment".

If he was demanding the same treatment then he would:

-accept the punishment as any other student would who came to school out of uniform
-wear the prescribed uniform

Playing make believe and demanding others not only acknowledge, but accept your delusions is not 'demanding the same treatment'.

I know progressive ideals are something you have trouble grasping, but blah blah blah blah

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Part time liberty?

His liberty is somehow diminished because he was punished for not adhering to the dress code?

Nope. You're demanding he be given special treatment solely because he calls himself the latest sexual category buzz-word. If this was a female whose tits were falling out of her top, or a guy whose pants were falling off his ass and they received a punishment for a uniform infraction there would be not one complaint.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

'playing make believe'??? 'accept your delusions' ???

You obviously understand very little about transgender issues, these teenage boys mentioned in the article whom fully support their classmate understand a hell of lot more than you, you could really learn something from them.

please educate yourself further on the matter before commenting further with your blatantly biased/negative/outdated views

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Nah

originally posted by: Lipton
Every time I read a story like the OP's all I hear in my head is,

IMO if you want to tuck your junk between your legs and pretend to be a woman you have the weekend and the time you're not at school to do so. What he is doing is using the educational system as a soapbox for his personal/political opinions.

The only difference between this guy and the kid wearing a Pro-2nd Amendment shirt is you happen to agree with one and not the other, even though only one of them actually caused a class disturbance.

This is why I'm in favor of asexual uniforms; slacks and a collared shirt for all.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Thank you, it needed to be said, and you stated it very well. Gender and gender identity are very confusing for some people to grasp, but enlightened people around the world are starting to understand thanks to efforts like these school children and people like you.

I grant you one star for knowing enough to point out the error of his ways.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

But the child wasn't indecent. Nothing was exposed. The boy identifies as a girl and decided to wear female clothing. It's not a buzzword thing or fad or phase... It's a very traumatic thing to realize your outward gender is incorrect (often biologically there is something mismatched).

Get over yourself. Seems to that the issue isn't people wanting to be special snowflakes but rather people like you wanting conformity.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So you want to punish people with mental illnesses? Because gender dysphoria is a recognised mental illness, and this young lady should not be punished for her gender expression.

Your continued use of the male pronoun is just pathetic and derogitory.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Its not special treatment though. Its same treatment.

But yeah if a school has uniforms i think making them asexual is better. Im not in favour of uniforms much but where its done yeah.

a reply to: RifRAAF

Its not listed as an illness its listed in the DSM as a condition. Like a neurological condition i guess. Its listed like that to avoid confusion of perception of hinderence and acceptability i presume.
edit on 21-9-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
So you want to punish people with mental illnesses? Because gender dysphoria is a recognised mental illness, and this young lady should not be punished for her gender expression.

Your continued use of the male pronoun is just pathetic and derogitory.

It's also absolutely no surprise. I am cis gendered myself. Was a boy, am a man and have always been sure of it. My sexual orientation notwithstanding, it's so refreshing to see some young people finding their cause (in this case a social issue) and supporting it

To: Restricted ((sorry had to edit and wasn't sure how to add your link))

Wasting time? Not fighting tyrannical government?

Do we all have to fight the exact same cause? Is not genderphobia, homophobia and other -isms a tyrannical oppression? Do people expect a couple school aged boys to suddenly change a whole country? No

BUT...they are fanning some flames with this...they are showing that Generation Y isn't all vapid and self-entitled. Whoever it was that said they only fight causes media gives them, is that not how it has been for ages? I am a gen-xer...we fought several things too...AIDS, the beginnings of a battle against homophobia, bullying and all sorts of other things. All of these were displayed for us by media

What about the Boomers? Vietnam? Feminism and abortion (for or against)? These played out in media

It's all relative...media, like it or not is the way many people access their world unless they step of a plane in another land and experience it...but how did you get the idea to go to Hong Kong, Ghana, the Sudan, Brazil and fight the causes? Was your wanderlust so incredible that you just went from country to country until you touched down and said "A HA! A problem!" Sure maybe a few did, but the rest of us learned about these pains from a distance. Alot those so-called 'hippies' fighting against Vietnam were not there...A lot of my generation who wanted to battle AIDS and feed Africa didn't go there...they got the info from media...so to blame Milleneals and tell us all that they only attributed their advocacy to the media is partially true but also misleading because they are not the only generation that did this

I admit, I do have some issues with some of the way Milleneals do things and frankly I am still in some deep thought trying to determine if they worry me or if I am just getting old and not liking change

But one thing I do like about this generation is they aren't afraid of us anymore...they may be cocky, entitled and sometimes make irrational decisions but maybe we need to think from the heart before the head in some cases

These boys said "I support this girl (not boy as some posters want to say) and to **** with you who don't like it"

Yes I am tied into this system...I am and LGBT member and yes I support these boys and all who seek progress in the social arena

Thing is, I don't want to squash free speech or thought...not in a million years...it just seems like people really need a god deal of waking when it comes to gender issues

But at the same, I fight for gender rights and equality (feminism) and I am not a woman...does that mean I should only ever fight for things I am only 100% directly involved in? I sure hope not otherwise greenpeace better stop anti-whaling protests because I am pretty sure I've never seen a Beluga on a skiff chasing down a Japanese whaling (holy crap how awesome would that be...my iPhone would have no picture memory left)

edit on 1-10-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join