It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the NFL be taking violence out of the game to take the violence out of us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sorry. This thread was just begging for this video to be posted.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

No, this is simply social engineering. Men are not allowed to be men, and when something that lets men be men in an otherwise acceptable outlet gets popular, the social engineers move in and try to kill it. They think they know better than everyone else, and so they try to impose their will on all the rest of us. They should simply let well enough alone. If they don't like a thing, no one forces them to have anything to do with it.

Football is not an attack. Tackling someone is not an attack. It is physical and can result in injury, but it isn't an attack. In a regular game, players tackle with the intent to stop the other player, not with the intent to injure or harm. As in all things, you will find those who skew that intent, but it isn't the norm.

And just because you successfully "kill" the NFL doesn't mean that you will "kill" the violence in us. I'll bet a lot of the kids on the street and gangbangers these days aren't actually heavy sports fans, and it wouldn't surprise me if the latino ones are more into soccer than American football anyhow. So how would getting rid of football tame them, and did soccer make them violent?

This is just a flawed premise all the way around.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
When your all done complaining over this come and watch a real sport.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Forget the NFL. It's super dull watching an NFL game these days when compared to:

The AFL - Arena Football League.

They can still hit hard and tackle the opponent to the ground. The game is played indoors and the turf and side walls have some padding to protect the players. They only use 50 yards, half our normal football field but this is what helps make AFL games better than NFL games - because of the shorter field, the points scored by either team will come fast and furious, unlike in the NFL. It is common to have both teams reach scores over 100.

The AFL season starts about a month after the NFL stops for the year and they stop about a month before the NFL season starts back up. This gives you better than NFL football all summer long. The AFL, just like the NFL IS Professional Football. Most of the players of AFL teams are made up of NFL players that got tired of the league so you will see tons of familiar faces.

Give it a try. Once you see hoe fast paced the AFL games are, you'll never go back to the crappy over political slow paced NFL.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

When they take the violence out of hockey and soccer then we will be getting somewhere.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
When a lineman hopped up on steroids breaks an opposing players neck, do you see a thrill in that? I don't, I see it as criminal and it has happened. The game needs to be regulated to ensure the safety of the players.
edit on 17-9-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ettenurb
Hypothesis: The NFL is trying to attract female viewership, as evidenced by the players wearing pink during Breast Cancer Awareness month. I believe that they are trying to re-brand themselves as female friendly in order to attract more female viewers to the sport. The current hammering by the media of domestic violence issues is just a marketing ploy in my opinion. It's a way for the NFL to tell everyone, "we care, please watch our Foosball Games"

I'm really looking forward to their marketing strategy when they go after the 65-80 single librarian demographic.

I looked further into your comment and you are indeed on the correct path. Here is a link to the new NFL marketing chief executive, its a woman named Dawn Hudson, she used to sell sugar water:

NFL picks female executive as marketing chief It will fall to Dawn Hudson to help repair the league's image

top topics

<< 1   >>

join