It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology. The ones who tried to fool the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Yeah, that's true. But not really helpfull.
Some people need guidance. I am currently pretty "vogelfrei" and start to get why it is easier to follow, than to think for yourself.
The problem with Scientology is: they trick people into their "system", with pseudo-science, metering their unhappiness, without any actual psychological help. Taking all their money to make sure they got nowhere else to go. Keeping them busy so they can't take a breathe, always in company of other Scienties to make sure they don't stray from their path, getting used and abused without any regards to their feelings, well-being or personality.
It is no religion, it is a control system. A way to make many for very few. And it is designed, from the very beginning to take over the world. Stay away from them as far as possible, and just saying: "it is a cult", is not enough. They are a very big thread this world is facing. Especially with most of the "big money nations", already firmly in their grip.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATODASO

hubbard picked up some more fun new tricks from his time with the o.t.o. and then founded a religion. he may or may not have been under the thumb of take your pick of american alphabet agencies the entire time he ran his church. other, less successful cults like the family and the people's temple also had strong intel ties.

tldr: scientology is but a tentacle on the #squid.

Really close!

Crowley didn't "found" the O.T.O. he took it over.

The founding of Scientology was actually more of a "bet over cocktails". Anyway, the story that went around the "occult scent" some years ago was that Hubbard made a bet with Parsons that he cold "invent" a religion, and have it accepted.

He won...however yall should know that scientology was based on Thelema, and of course later drifted away from that lofty principal and became something nearly unrecognizable. Today we have an organization that is , I guess, not quite opposed to Thelema.

The thing that always got me was; the whole thing was a frivolous wager, a common bet between two half drunk men...hardly the way to start a religion.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Really close!

Crowley didn't "found" the O.T.O. he took it over.

he swapped out the parts and overhauled the body, it might as well have been a whole new car. it definitely would have died out leaving no tracks on the world without the help of old uncle al.

The founding of Scientology was actually more of a "bet over cocktails". Anyway, the story that went around the "occult scent" some years ago was that Hubbard made a bet with Parsons that he cold "invent" a religion, and have it accepted.

the new apocrypha is a lot less exciting than the old kind.

edit on 19-9-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Peeple

Your'e not aware obviously, that we have Masonic AND Scientologists ATS members here right? I find it interesting addressing those organizations without regard to at least realizing they are here, are reading (and some laughing) at assumptions like yours.

Its as though you hadnt thought at all about the diversity of membership you are addressing here...by telling them about themselves.

*(Egg on face)

Are you one of them? Is this a threat?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Prezbo369

Yeah, that's true. But not really helpfull.
Some people need guidance. I am currently pretty "vogelfrei" and start to get why it is easier to follow, than to think for yourself.
The problem with Scientology is: they trick people into their "system", with pseudo-science, metering their unhappiness, without any actual psychological help. Taking all their money to make sure they got nowhere else to go. Keeping them busy so they can't take a breathe, always in company of other Scienties to make sure they don't stray from their path, getting used and abused without any regards to their feelings, well-being or personality.
It is no religion, it is a control system. A way to make many for very few. And it is designed, from the very beginning to take over the world. Stay away from them as far as possible, and just saying: "it is a cult", is not enough. They are a very big thread this world is facing. Especially with most of the "big money nations", already firmly in their grip.

Pretty much everything you mention can be applied to every other religion we've ever conjured up. They're just as crazy and just as much of a threat to the world.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Our ATS members are of all organizations, religions, political affiliations...you name it.

I am always surprised when anyone comes on about the the "Masons" or the "Scientologists" or "Hari Krishna's" whom-ever....and proceeds to talk about them and their agendas put in such a way as to imply they have no idea that we have membership of those affiliations.

Those posters really have no idea of that, who we are, what colors or religions, organiations belonged to or not...and just spout away with "Those --------are all about this and that and they....etc, etc.". without any realization or recognition that most likely...those very folks are here. Why not address them?

Awhile back, a member responded back by saying they hadnt thought of that fact when they were critical of a certain un-named org. They really had no clue. They began at that point to address those members belonging to it, and asking them questions directly, which worked out well in clearing misconceptions the OP had before realizing they were right here....

Lastly. A threat? Me? Im just a numbered cog in the wheel you n me are part of...hell. Someone a lot bigger, smarter and richer...owns the cart. Im just hangin' on as it goes round n round....Peace MS

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: splchk

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Pretty much everything you mention can be applied to every other religion we've ever conjured up. They're just as crazy and just as much of a threat to the world.

With the difference Scientology is actively exploiting their members. With almost every other religion you have some sects within doing it, but this is fiction gone evil, with far too many members already to let it pass unmentioned.
@ mysterioustranger:
I totally stand by my OP. Nothing you said made me change my mind. If nobody stops them, they will cause a lot more deceive, and since you might have noticed smart phones don't exactly make people smarter, this is a real threat. Because every stupid lie they tell will be believed. We on ATS barely check the sources, the average does it even less.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Not even remotley a religion, a philosophy if anything more than a verrrry deep scheme/scam as it originated..turned into a big monster now..How the fawk they they got religious status from the IRS. I think in the begining its sort of makes some sense but really its a pyramid scam of sorts with you getting more sucked in the deeper you go or higher up the pyramid.
I will summarize with the fact L Ron stated before he wrote this steaming pile that "if you want to get rich invent a religion" if people cannot see through that..I dunno.
Cheers

edit on 3-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Let's list up some claims and sources about Scientology that reached me:

- School: Scientology try to talk to sad, passive children to trap them into paying money
- South Park: To be a Scientology member means to believe in science fiction
- Mainstream Anonymous shard which fought the anti system shard until it was destroyed + popular anti Scientology only shard (populated by media): Scientology tries to find members and won't let their members leave
- Scientology leader on an intern Austrian party presentation of the anti censorship party: It's all a lie, we are trying to scientifically find better ways to live together and the media tries to suppress this information and the small membership fee is used to pay off the right to be a religion and you get special rights in return.

If you're skilled, you will see which of these are likely or unlikely.

To be honest, I thought about getting religious status for a group if I made one as well, however, if the place checking up if you're fit to be a religion is under direct control, Scientology would not be allowed.
edit on 3-10-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So I'm digging out this one. Thanks for everyone who contributed.

Does anyone know (because all I have is a feeling) Virgin is one of those Scientology companies, isn't it?
They're in everything now, from banking, phones, music, space travelling...
I should work on a list, I just realise, with Scientology ran companies and we should ban them...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I want to live in a world without secrets. Everybody poops, it is just I think theirs stinks more...
Thanks for backing my opinion with videos!
Scientology has to get crashed, that's what I'd say...
Bad religionish stuff!

I was going to sit this thread out. However, your fascist bigotry has tempted me out.

I want to live in a world without secrets. Everybody poops, it is just I think theirs stinks more...

If you think that a world without secrets is attainable or even desirable then I suggest you hand over you passwords to all your bank accounts and websites right now. Not going to do that? No? Then effing think before you suggest that other people and organisations should not have that right to privacy too. Because to suggest otherwise about an organisation simply because YOU do not like it really does smack of fascism.

Who are you to deny others their rights?

Oh yes, you demean Scientology beliefs I (and I assume therefore Scientology scripture) - I assume you have actually visited a Scientology Church, attended a few sermons, done a few courses, read a few book, done some processing, been on staff, joined Sea Org, or donated your time and money to rid the world of psychotic drugs, child exploitation, and corrupt medical practitioners...

I suggest that if you have not done those things then simply walk in to a Church of Scientology and talk to whoever you find there.

Don't listen to rumours - find out the facts for yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If L Ron Hubbard was a naval psyops insider than he must have been briefed about Pearl Harbor.
That has never been fully declassified has it?
I wonder if there are 100, 500,and 1000 year classified government secrets?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join