It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You disagree with me? Who's paying you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrepid
Poutine and a 6 of Canadian?

Throw in 12 guys beating each other with sticks on the ice and I am in.

Hasn't been much of a summer. Give it a couple of weeks.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Poutine and a 6 of Canadian?

Oh great, thanks for reminding us of how crappy our benefits package actually is.

A minute ago, I was happy with the pay we shills were receiving... now I have to go have a long talk with my union rep.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Define the word fact...It seems to be something people don't understand around here....I have heard theories like evolution stated as fact.....Opinions are stated as fact around here...so please lets start from that common point and define the word fact...Also a rule should made on ATS that if you cannot produce a source a college university would accept as a credible source then your source is bunk..I have been notiicing people using wikipedia to use as sources...Just an FYI to the rest of you....No " credible " < regionally accredited > college would ever accept wikipedia as a credible source...Because IT'S NOT...stop using it...it makes you look funny....a reply to: network dude

edit on 17-9-2014 by wyrmboy12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by wyrmboy12 because: wanted more info addedd to clear up the point

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
After all the absurd PC crap I've read from you Network, I always had ideas that you we're a shill before this thread!

And now, my opinion didn't change...but nice OP, you're pretty good!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

There is an actual guide, a playbook so to speak on forum spy tactics. Search for it and you will find it..

There are several tactics a shill or debunker will attempt to use. One effective one has been use several different posters to 'tag team' someone they want to debunk. This practice is against ATS policy now, but it can be difficult if not impossible to pick up on.

Just last night a group of people, one being a somewhat attractive women was trying to get my to sign some poorly written petition for GMO labeling. Me being excellent at pulling information out of people was quickly able to determine that this group was indeed trying to phish for information and was really upset when I let her know that I knew exactly what she was doing. The undercovers and CI(confidential informants) in Florida have long used the Medical Cannabis petition as a way to phish out information. Not only do they get another address to watch, by doing this it is one less signed petition that makes it to Tallahassee.

The internet forums is infested with shills, even small forums seem to attract them. In the real world so many people are not who they say they are. Disinformation and spy tactics are everywhere in the US. We have become a nation that has been conditioned to live in fear and spy on thy neighbor.

edit on 18-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Be that as it may, the OP is correct.

Not only have I seen what he is describing here on ATS over and over again, I've been a victim of it too.

You debate someone on a subject. You are able to prove they are wrong about something, instead of admitting they were wrong, they accuse you of being a "shill".

You have a different opinion that someone on here, and explain why, because you are not agreeing with them, you must be a "shill".

There have been several threads here on ATS claiming that there are Shills Abound here, some that have sourced files that are suppose to be the "manuals" for shills. Having read through those, each time it, it's quite clear:

According to these "manuals" everyone is a shill.

It's because they list so many different kinds of posting styles, that they basically cover just about any kind of posting that a multitude of people have.

If you post long posts, you're a shill. If you post something snarky, you're a shill. If you post agreeing with others who have an opposite opinion, you're a shill.

I'm not saying that there are no shills. But I do think that it's a term that people end up using, because they can't debate well, or they know they have lost a debate, as the OP stated.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Good job on that post, Shilly Shillerson, your check is being signed as we speak.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
After all the absurd PC crap I've read from you Network, I always had ideas that you we're a shill before this thread!

And now, my opinion didn't change...but nice OP, you're pretty good!

PC? I admit to absurd crap, but I try hard not to be PC.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good job on that post, Shilly Shillerson, your check is being signed as we speak.

ROFL!

That was funny, and it does show how bad the term "shill" get's used around here.

But I think we might be scaring off those that are a bit paranoid about shills be under every rock.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Alright Karmic. Now are You saying I should take you Off my Shill list? Or take You Off the Might Be Shill list, or???!

I am so confused!!! LOL!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

He is right.

However I have noticed time and again where a possible shill will use an ad hominem to claim victory in a debate and debunk the other guy.

Look at some my climate change posts and you will see exactly what I mean. While I have long known that shills have been part of internet forums, I recently have been uncovering some inconvenient facts about how far they will go in the real world to set up a person of interest to either label them as a nut-job or find something to arrest them for.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
There have been several threads here on ATS claiming that there are Shills Abound here, some that have sourced files that are suppose to be the "manuals" for shills. Having read through those, each time it, it's quite clear:

Actually, shills are the ones that try to force the idea of status quo and those that propagate what's beneficial for the few but powerful.

To say that nothing is wrong with vaccines, with GMO's, with the sky, with nuclear, with the USA, with the EU, with the education system, with the political system, with oil, with the banking system, with government agencies, with Israel, with the 911 official story ...either they are fools, blind, oblivious or paid shills.

Of course, some will call out shill when someone simply disagrees...but the real shills will point out this minority of bad debaters and try to create a bad name for people calling others shill, no matter the premise. They are messing with our minds, just like the TBTP do everything they can to divide us by demonizing a whole group because of a minority.

I wouldn't change my opinion because of psychological manipulation threads like this.
edit on 18-9-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's because they list so many different kinds of posting styles, that they basically cover just about any kind of posting that a multitude of people have.

If you post long posts, you're a shill. If you post something snarky, you're a shill. If you post agreeing with others who have an opposite opinion, you're a shill.

I'm not saying that there are no shills. But I do think that it's a term that people end up using, because they can't debate well, or they know they have lost a debate, as the OP stated.

My debating and information gathering skills are far from poor, this is obvious. I do know what you mean. Shills are real, that is the reality of the world we live in.

For the record, I never once wrote that everyone is a shill. When I wrote that they are all over the interweb, I am correct. While I do know most posters are ordinary Joe and Jane, given my style of posting I have encountered far more shills than the average Jane and Joe.

The manual I mentioned is a mere blueprint, nothing concrete. It does give someone with an open mind some sharp tools than can enable them to spot possible shills.
edit on 18-9-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But if you want to have intelligent discussion, Grow up, remove the sand from your crotch, wipe the pathetic drool from you chin, and use logic and facts to back up your point. If you cannot, then perhaps your point is as weak as you are being told it is.

It is also important to note that there are some dense ones that really like to debate. Just in real life, some of these overly worded posts are not exactly shills, just some sheeps way of making him self feel smart, look at me I just wrote a 5 paragraph 'essay' in just 1 post...

Just as in real life one often encounters a person who talks constantly, does not listen and truly believes they are gifted intellectually. The reality is a sign of an intelligent/wise person is one who listens more than they speak.

So in other words, shill is the new troll. Just like twerking is the new booty dancing.
edit on 18-9-2014 by jrod because: ad cleanup

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I wouldn't change my opinion because of psychological manipulation threads like this.

Wow you are good. First off, you see right through my hiding Niburu with chemtrails job, and now you see through my incredibly complex attempt at mind control.

I have only two options left, you have a choice, you can be put on the payroll, or .......lets just say some of my associates will be by to hand deliver your first check.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Actually, shills are the ones that try to force the idea of status quo and those that propagate what's beneficial for the few but powerful.

To say that nothing is wrong with vaccines, with GMO's, with the sky, with nuclear, with the USA, with the EU, with the education system, with the political system, with oil, with the banking system, with government agencies, with Israel, with the 911 official story ...either they are fools, blind, oblivious or payed shills.

Of course, some will call out shill when someone simply disagrees...but the real shills will point out this minority of bad debaters and try to create a bad name for people calling others shill, no matter the premise. They are messing with our minds, just like the TBTP do everything they can to divide us by demonizing a whole group because of a minority.

Realize of course, that you just insulted or accused more than half of ATS members with that single statement.

If you believe they are all "fools, blind, oblivious or payed shills." then why are you even here?

(BTW - you misspelled "payed". It's spelled P-a-i-d. Paid.

According to the "handbook" that makes a me a "shill" for pointing that out.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is hilarious, everyone arguing here suspects the opposition to them as being a shill.

Meanwhile the real shills are just watching and laughing at you all.

I think it's safe to say that anyone who has posted in this thread is not a shill. Therefore if you have a list you should cross out anyone participating in this thread.

Look guys, you'll never know the true shills from the trolls and from people with a genuine opposition to that of yourself. Best to just get over the paranoia.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

Yes, Yes, .....keep spreading that......soon I will have you all programmed and willing to do my bidding!

Muhahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Haha

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Wow you are good. First off, you see right through my hiding Niburu with chemtrails job, and now you see through my incredibly complex attempt at mind control.

Oh, now you go into ridiculize mode...

Again using a minority of extremists to demonize a whole group. Yawn.
edit on 18-9-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join