It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You disagree with me? Who's paying you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The single most lame ass thing to resort to in a discussion. You are an intellectual midget. Your debate skills couldn't win an argument with your dog. Yet, somehow, you garnered enough intelligence to turn on a PC, get on the internet, and find ATS. That in itself it friggin amazing. But when you decide to post a ridiculous idea and the obvious idiocy of your idea if pointed out, you resort to " you must be a paid shill", "how much are they paying you to say this"?

The fact that you were able to smash your face against the keyboard enough to make words amazes me, so be proud. But if you want to have intelligent discussion, Grow up, remove the sand from your crotch, wipe the pathetic drool from you chin, and use logic and facts to back up your point. If you cannot, then perhaps your point is as weak as you are being told it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Shillax brother. We don't get paid for emotional threads, did you misplace your manual? Section 4c Subsection (yy), we get additional bonus per target poster's emotional outbursts. 19 cents/word +normal posting rate. Not your own... Rookie mistake.

edit on 17-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How much did your handlers pay you to author this thread?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yes but what are you saying

That paid shills don't exist ?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I am not saying you aren't right, there are people who don't know any better.

But shills do exist, and they don't work for popcorn but good ol dollars.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Where can I apply for that job? And does it have benefits?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Should see the Scottish Referendum debates on here this week, you get a lot worse than being called a "Shill".

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Typical thread from the Masonic payroll...

No seriously, even though I believe some are paid to be here...

That OP was one of the funniest I've ever read here on ATS... Bravo my friend!!!

S&F!!!

You are an intellectual midget. The fact that you were able to smash your face against the keyboard enough to make words amazes me.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I wish I got paid for my nonsense...ATS has changed for me over the years. I feel about 20% of the threads are worth reading and about 50% are people looking for attention. Sometimes I think people make counter arguments just for the group that will star them. I have about one good debate a month i'd say with someone who disagrees with me but can still put forth a fun argument. I like arguing with someone who I have to actually look up what they are saying and say dang...good point!

I haven't encountered the paid shill part to any of my stuff nor have I ever felt someone was one to counter my stuff, but I'm sure they exist. I wish I was one...id totally be a word mercenary!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Paid shills are real, though it is against ATS's ToC to accuse someone as such. Sometimes they are easy to spot, others not so much. ATS is difficult because it is tough to get someone's location. Other less secure make it much easier and those shills often get sloppy.

I am always suspicious of someone who provides me a link that wants my canvas image data!

While I am certainly guilty of asking someone who is paying them, I try to focus on the message not the messenger though sometime that is tough, especially when the other guy knows what buttons to push to cause an emotional response.

One tactic I have seen is accusing the 'activist type' of being mentally inferior, will quote typos, and straight up misquotes in an attempt to debunk everything that person posts. The also like to dominate the conversation and will tend to dilute the topic with overly wordy posts. Another effective tactic they use is asking for impossible evidence or asking rhetorical questions and then claiming victory if you do not answer the questions or provide the impossible evidence.

While I have been under a lot of stress, I am no stranger of dis-Info tactics. Recently I have been forced to take that playbook to a real world problem.

edit on 17-9-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I use my shill money to buy booze. How about you?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hard to believe, but there are people out there who toe the establishment line without being paid.

While most doubt the official story regarding the JFK assassination, they believe almost everything else...

edit on 17-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
So your not being paid?

Well then, thats pretty noble of you to volunteer your time here on ATS. Im sure somebody appreciates your hard work.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tapping123

Yes but what are you saying

That paid shills don't exist ?

I am sure they exist. But to just be lazy and pathetic and use the paid shill card anytime you get your ass handed to you in debate is mental masturbation. I wish there was some way to inflict immense pain on the person doing that. Like a remote keyboard shocker or something. Just to let them know how flipping stupid they were acting.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You want to hurt people who disagree and/or frustrate you... Classy!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wish I could get paid to be here, that would be the icing on the cake.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You can always tell the shills, paid or otherwise - they post incendiary shrill one liners without any real content and resemble the playground recess version of 'The Amazing Randi's' JREF forum.

All snark and no content, with a stunning ability to refuse to do any research, because in their set minds, any idea that disagrees with theirs is 'silly''.

Research means going down lots of dubious rabbit holes, looking at various people's presentations and ideas with an open mind, and then aggregating the information into some semblance of something that makes sense in the bigger world.

Shills can't be bothered, any more than they were bothered to do their homework in fourth grade to learn the difference between 'their, they're and there'....
edit on 2704129pmWednesdayf04Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:04:27 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Actually I'd disagree with you there.

If I was paying someone or multiple people, I'd have them know the ins and outs of whatever they were debating. Because then; one they'd always have the upper hand and an answer to everything; two they would be able to literally change someone's mind on a subject using their knowledge of that particular subject to sway ones opinion.

If I'm going to pay someone, I'm going to want to get my money's worth.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

You want to hurt people who disagree and/or frustrate you... Classy!

That's what you got from that post?

try reading it again. slower.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I wish there was some way to inflict immense pain on the person doing that. Like a remote keyboard shocker or something.

I have one of those and I'm sitting on it right now and I've been soooooo bad.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join