It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amaterur Astronomer Detect a UFO Exiting from a Lunar Crater...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

How do you know an extraterrestrial craft would cast a shadow? Are you an expert of extraterrestrial tech? My point is you don't know anything other than what we already have here on earth. See my post above, as you are guessing as much as everyone else.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda
Is that really the most polite way you could have communicated?

a reply to: wmd_2008

Actually it was because if I said what I really think I would be banned!
edit on 17-9-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: wmd_2008

I'm not sure what that has to do with this particular clip.

Let me explain it to you in simple terms if that object was taking of from the Moon it would be absolutely HUGE as the Moon is the most watched pictured/filmed object in the sky why NO other reports.

You are not going to see what you think with a scope that size!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship
How do you know an extraterrestrial craft would cast a shadow?

Seriously?

The supposed object itself has highlight and shadow.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stuship

How do you know an extraterrestrial craft would cast a shadow? Are you an expert of extraterrestrial tech? My point is you don't know anything other than what we already have here on earth. See my post above, as you are guessing as much as everyone else.

In order to SEE something, light MUST reflect off of it. If light does not reflect off of something, it's invisible. You can't see it (nor can a camera).

When an object is reflecting light, it is also blocking a certain amount of light. When it does that, it casts a shadow.

It's possible to only block/reflect a certain amount of light, and have a very weak shadow, or be very transparent to a point.

Has nothing to do with "alien tech".

It's called Basic Physics (very, very, VERY basic).

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yeah...I've been checking out the shadow thing using my 3D modeling system. It turns out that the shadow is telling everything...as you pointed out, some shadows are in the wrong place, and, the shadow hasn't moved much in relation to the object, as it enters what is presumably the "dark side" of the moon; at which point the Sun would be behind the craft, and it would cast no shadow on the moon at all.

Here is what my model looked like as it was entering the "dark side"...

As you can see...no shadow at all, lighting on the ship is different too, being all "back of the bus."

So, yeah, clever hoax...

ETA: Stuship...it doesn't matter what tech ET uses in this case...an object was casting a shadow, the shadow proved impossible to cast...light angles, etc.

edit on 17-9-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
Oh look, another fake UFO video with added music!

Why do they add music to fake UFO video's? It is just a bird or insect.

There's no way that is a bird or an insect or anything on Earth. At that magnification, anything on Earth would only be seen as a blur. That includes planes flying at 30000 feet.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's not that I don't want to believe it but there's a massive video editing error smacking me in the face. The frame rate of the moon footage is different to the frame rate of the "exiting object". Clearly visible in the closeup. This is why the moon seems to move in one second increments, whereas the object seems to move in say quarter second increments. Both should move in the same increments, that's what a frame rate is...

It's because it's two layers of video actually running at about 25fps (in its edited form). The laws of video camera physics would not be able to "insert" frames as is suggested by the UFO that's moving. So we've got background footage at something like 1 frame per second and UFO footage playing at about 5-10fps, in a video which is actually 25-30fps.

Some will understand, many won't - I didn't see anyone else mention this simple factor in the few pages I read, but it's a real blinder that stuck out as soon as the closeup footage came on. Frame rates do not "mix and match" like that.

If they had matched the background footage to the UFO footage 'frame rate' it could have been quite convincing!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
It's not that I don't want to believe it but there's a massive video editing error smacking me in the face. The frame rate of the moon footage is different to the frame rate of the "exiting object".

Already covered and explained. It is an illusion created by data and compression errors. Adobe Flash is famous for them.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

I wish it were true, but I have to say CGI. And poorly done.

The first thing that caught my eye is that the light sources seem off for the object and the background. The surface has the light coming from the left, casting shadows on the right side; and the object has the light source on the opposite side and seems to be in shadow where the light should be hitting it.

Feels like a cheesy, amateur animation job.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

too bad it's fake. "Ufo" doesn't follow camera shake. Obvious as hell.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: markymint
It's not that I don't want to believe it but there's a massive video editing error smacking me in the face. The frame rate of the moon footage is different to the frame rate of the "exiting object".

Already covered and explained. It is an illusion created by data and compression errors. Adobe Flash is famous for them.

No, it's not. Even the hoaxer doesn't try to use that excuse. He claims the frame rate is as fast as the UFO, and that the wobbling ceasing does not indicate a lower frame rate or missing frames. He's effectively claiming the atmospheric turbulence completely freezes in place for more than a tenth of a second in some spots in the video. He's lying. But you would know what that's like, wouldn't you?

Many viewers are mistaking the atmospheric wobbling effect of the moon as the videos "frame rate", which it is not. The frame rate is actually much higher than the wobble effect of the moon...

-Secureteam in his video comments section.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

"By definition, we can't break the actual laws of physics. We can be extremely mistaken about what the actual laws of physics are." - Joseph Wang, Ph.D. Astrophysics

Again you are applying what we know, and you have no idea what we don't know. I'm assuming an "Alien Tech" would be far beyond our understanding.
edit on 17-9-2014 by Stuship because: add

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter
He's lying. But you would know what that's like, wouldn't you?

Excuse me?!!!?

Perhaps you need a "time out?"

Personal attacks are not necessary...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Nice vid Ark-man! Hehe...they thought nobody was watching. We caught em red handed this time!

Aw, what? Its hoax? Dang video professionals always ruining my fun...

edit on 9/17/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChehystPewpur

LOL on the Swamp Gas! Hmmm, could be right on that though! After all the Moon is made of cheese, and after time it will begin to rot and give off gasses!!
What can we call it? Moon swamp gas = Mawmp Gas! LOL!!!

Seriously though, please let me know somehow, u2u, or a New Thread of any odd, unatural, or just curious findings you may encounter! I love this stuff!! Take it easy, Syx.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am not convinced that aliens are visiting earth to be honest, and thus I don't really have a problem explaining away most videos. However, I call them like I see them, and in this case I do not see how it is possible that this could be anything normal. This is one of those videos that it is either real or a hoax, with no in between. If you watch closely you will notice that it could not be something between the moon and the camera, because the crater itself obscures the object. It does come out of the crater. If you watch it in really slow motion you can see that it emerges from the crater. If it was a bird it would not do this obviously.

This is why either something exited the crater, or the video is a good hoax. What I am interested to know is how big this object would have to be. I would think that it is quite large, even with the high zoom of a telescope, but I am not certain as to how large, since I don't know how big the crater is.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
This is why either something exited the crater, or the video is a good hoax. What I am interested to know is how big this object would have to be. I would think that it is quite large, even with the high zoom of a telescope, but I am not certain as to how large, since I don't know how big the crater is.

I did a quick calculation on that...it seems that a 12.5 inch telescope can resolve about 0.5 arc seconds, or about 1 km (0.6 miles) at the distance to the moon. So, IF that was a real object it would be something on the order of 1 mile X 1 mile...it appeared to be a triangle. Unfortunately the shadows are wrong, so its probably CGI.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Adobe Flash has nothing to do with it. Flash is not used to compress video.

We have no idea what was used to compress the original version, how subsequent child versions were obtained, and the final compression of this video (probably H.264) before uploaded.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join