It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-8 and the Business of Misinformation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
A short interview with Mike Papantonio. He seems to me to be a big talker so take it with a grain of salt. He claims to be deposing someone this Friday that is involved with a "secret industry that has grown around manufacturing and spreading false information on everything from tobacco to climate change"

I doubt it will be big news but I would like to learn more.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up. It's really important and hope it gains more input.

Here's a similar article of fake research:

The faked research papers Labbé has identified may have been created by a computer program. The program, SCIgen, was developed by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to show that conferences and journals would accept bogus papers as though they were the real thing. SCIgen works by combining scientific expressions with random phrases and collating these into impressive looking documents.

Faked Research Papers Found in Scientific Journals More than 120 faked papers.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Mike Papia..... *whatever" is a regular contributor to "Ring of Fire" radio with Robert Kennedy's son. Liberal but careful would be how I would characterize him, he is a lawyer.

I've not looked at the specific piece referenced in the OP but will - I tend to learn things from these gentlemen.

Watched the piece - Thom Hartman is always meticulous with his research and preparation.

thanks - I'm going to steal it for other threads.....

F & S
edit on 17-9-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Steal away. I think this is important and effects so many different areas that are talked about here on ATS. My fear is that it will get little notice and business will go on as usual.
a reply to: FyreByrd

new topics

top topics

join