It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disinformation/Propaganda From Our Gov't Regarding ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Every day, more and more BS is coming from Washington/The Pentagon pertaining to ISIS. At first when I "selfie" of McCain and ISIS, I wanted to think it was an honest old/senile mistake by John(how naive of me). However, I now feel the negative propaganda/fear tactics/disinfo from our gov't has amounted to an obvious lie. Here are some of the reasons for me believing our gov't is trying to overhype ISIS/generate reasons for us to get involved again militarily. Remember though, this doesn't mean some Bushlike kabal is hellbent on starting WW3 in the Middle East, but it could be more subtle self interests at play here, lets see how the cookie crumbles in the coming months. Let me know what you all think.

1. Every damn day on the news they show a picture of someone new getting their head chopped off. If our govt can silence alien stories from MSM, they could get CNN/FOXNEWS and the rest of our #ty media to not post the article as breaking news day after day on the front page.

2. There were no major rescue attempts for the captives. Let me remind you all that Spain negotiated for the release of all of the Spanish held captive by ISIS. We send a team of SEALS to rescue a captain off the coast of Somalia, but i guess these ppl were not as important to our govt for some reason.

3. The mother of James Foley was threatened by our govt to be prosecuted if she paid her son's ransom. This is very saddening.
LINK

4. Our media do their best to portray this as a Christian vs. Muslim war. ISIS targeting Christians constantly...IMO if they targeted hindus, buddhists or muslims, it would be just as sad ppl. Easy way to give all the Jesus freaks a common enemy. This isn't about religion, its about humans.

5. Also, today an ISIS captive who was working with American journalist Steven Sotloff when they were both captured, came out and said he was not approached once for questioning from our govt, even though he wanted to help and fell he could help negotiate for his release. Out of all the ppl to ?, and they dont talk to this guy once? Makes no sense unless you want him get murdered so you have more of a reason to go back to Iraq/Syria. Who knows with this govt...

6. The MSM/White House/Pentagon says that ISIS will try to attack us in 2 months. Another article said how ISIS makes 3 million a day and has twice the resources as Al Queda.

7. It seems logical that the whole Ukraine ordeal was smoke and mirrors from us and possibly the mossad to take the world's focus off of the Middle East.

I think ISIS is a threat and should be dealt with accordingly, however I find it hard to believe they are the threat that Obama and co. are making them out to be. Sounds like Barack heard GW talking about how much $ him dick n donny made a decade ago and wants a piece of the pie.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Well straight off the top of my head I can correct a couple of your points, firstly, the McCain photo is of him with the FSA, not ISIS.

1. Every damn day on the news they show a picture of someone new getting their head chopped off. If our govt can silence alien stories from MSM, they could get CNN/FOXNEWS and the rest of our #ty media to not post the article as breaking news day after day on the front page.

If that's the case, then this whole thing has been going on for 3 days! As for the media, it's what they do, why are you watching such drivel?

2. There were no major rescue attempts for the captives. Let me remind you all that Spain negotiated for the release of all of the Spanish held captive by ISIS. We send a team of SEALS to rescue a captain off the coast of Somalia, but i guess these ppl were not as important to our govt for some reason.

There was an attempt to rescue the American hostages, it was kept secret until after they got killed.

3. The mother of James Foley was threatened by our govt to be prosecuted if she paid her son's ransom. This is very saddening.

No argument here, perhaps they were trying to rescue him at the same time?

4. Our media do their best to portray this as a Christian vs. Muslim war. ISIS targeting Christians constantly...IMO if they targeted hindus, buddhists or muslims, it would be just as sad ppl. Easy way to give all the Jesus freaks a common enemy. This isn't about religion, its about humans.

Again, if that's the case, why bother watching the drivel? And a large part of it is about religion, but it's also about land and resources.

5. Also, today an ISIS captive who was working with American journalist Steven Sotloff when they were both captured, came out and said he was not approached once for questioning from our govt, even though he wanted to help and fell he could help negotiate for his release. Out of all the ppl to ?, and they dont talk to this guy once? Makes no sense unless you want him get murdered so you have more of a reason to go back to Iraq/Syria. Who knows with this govt...

News to me, do you have a link for that?

6. The MSM/White House/Pentagon says that ISIS will try to attack us in 2 months. Another article said how ISIS makes 3 million a day and has twice the resources as Al Queda.

Well they seem to be constantly making threats, it's part of the game for them.
As for their revenue stream, I can believe that completely, why don't you?

7. It seems logical that the whole Ukraine ordeal was smoke and mirrors from us and possibly the mossad to take the world's focus off of the Middle East.

Uhh, didn't you just say that beheadings and ISIS is plastered all over the news every day? But now you're saying the focus is being taken off the Middle East by the Ukraine ordeal....

So in summary, I don't actually see any government disinformation in your points, rather the possibility of MSM misinformation and incompetence.

edit on 16-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Every day, more and more BS is coming from Washington/The Pentagon pertaining to ISIS.

Yep.

I watched the senate hearing on "combatting ISIS" today. I couldn't tell the difference between what the media says and what the heads of this country and the countries military were saying… verbatim.

They want on and on about child abuse, barbarians, beheadings, Syria, Syria… oh, and Syria.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Well straight off the top of my head I can correct a couple of your points, firstly, the McCain photo is of him with the FSA, not ISIS.

Thank you for the reply...you have some good points. I disagree with a few things you said, but for the most part agree. McCain wanted to give the FSA, who is now ISIS, more weapons to fight ISIS. So I will agree that it is possible that they made him look like an idiot or there is more to it that we dont know. Seems similar to the 80s when we armed our ally Osama Bin Laden. Maybe not though who knows.

If that's the case, then this whole thing has been going on for 3 days! As for the media, it's what they do, why are you watching such drivel?

The MSM is controlled by the govt to a large degree, I assume we can agree on this? Since August 13th, when Foley's mom got the call saying her son would be executed, it has been painted on MSM for a month now, not 3 days. Even the days where no one gets beheaded, the top story is the next threat of the beheading. I find it possible that the govt would tell the MSM to stop giving these guys the glory that they seek, just like how they shut off the links for idiots who want to watch it. I understand that somehow our culture bread a population that likes to read these gruesome murder stories and that is what sells.

Again, if that's the case, why bother watching the drivel? And a large part of it is about religion, but it's also about land and resources.

I do not read most of these articles, I like foxnews to get a good laugh and their science/tech section, i enjoy about 10% of cnn's articles and I tend to skim the headlines. Its hard to figure out what is really going on in the world so I go to a few other sources as well. I want to say this shouldn't be about religion but I am aware that to them it is their motivation to fight. A few ppl in this country believe we are fighting a "holy war" as well. I also think that some of the govt propping this story up is possibly that they are legitimately worried about ISIS as a threat. However, part of me finds it unlikely our govt slept on ISIS and all of a sudden they are a huge threat.

There was an attempt to rescue the American hostages, it was kept secret until after they got killed.

I was not aware of the secret failed operation to free Foley, thank you for that. Good to hear even though they failed.

News to me, do you have a link for that?

www.cnn.com...

Well they seem to be constantly making threats, it's part of the game for them.
As for their revenue stream, I can believe that completely, why don't you?

Ya they are making threats but if I remember correctly al queda has been doing that on a monthly basis for 15 years. The more I think about it, the 3mil a day is scary. Over a billion a year, maybe enough to buy a rogue nuke? Lets hope not. btw I never said I didnt believe the 3 mil a day. I just didnt think that was a big deal but ya it kind of is now tht I think about it lol.

Uhh, didn't you just say that beheadings and ISIS is plastered all over the news every day? But now you're saying the focus is being taken off the Middle East by the Ukraine ordeal....

So in summary, I don't actually see any government disinformation in your points, rather the possibility of MSM misinformation and incompetence.

The climatic point of the Ukraine crisis up to this date was the plane being shot down July 20th. The ISIS situation started mainly in August, with the secret rescue mission you spoke of being around end of July. I realize its possible the gov't is just trying to make congress the ppl aware, but nothing is 100% and I'm sure elements of the gov't are in it for personal gains over the welfare of the ppl anywhere in this world.
edit on 16-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What do you think they are after in Syria besides that pipeline/Assad?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Taking a step back and getting a wider view of how ISIS is being portrayed, it seems like the government and the media are attempting to really get the public to understand how bad ISIS is. And they are bad, but what I mean is that it almost seems like they are only talking about that, which could potentially be because they want public support for military intervention. As long as you don't have the majority of the population against something, you can get away with it. So I imagine we will be escalating our involvement over the coming weeks/months/years. Who knows how long? The US will apparently never learn how to fight a war against an insurgency. It seems that we've lost every single insurgent war that we've fought. Every single one. To claim we "won" in Iraq would be a great overstatement.

That is the thing with insurgencies. There are no clear cut military objectives. The US has limited themselves to fighting a war of attrition, and this does not work against insurgencies that have the resources that ISIS has. If ISIS has any military leaders that understand insurgent warfare on the level of someone like, say, general Giap in Vietnam, the US will definitely have a more difficult time "not succeeding." I don't think Al-Qaeda took their strategies and tactics to the highest level, and I think ISIS will continue to advance and better their overall approach. They are already engaging actual military forces on a much greater level than other terrorist groups have done, and they've had numerous successes. The best the US can hope for, even if military action is advanced, is to send ISIS underground. That is the best case scenario with the current US strategy. I'm beginning to think that either US military leaders are incompetent, or that they don't want to truly eliminate the threat altogether. Such a thing is not possible with military action alone, and the approach to winning against an enemy insurgency is quite different from that used to win a conventional war. And to make matters worse, the US strategy of attrition will translate into a larger number of US casualties.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I personally think the United States had their eye on the middle east a long time ago. I remember after the collapse of the Soviet Union, there was talk that the new danger was terrorists. The U.S. kept talking about the next war would be in the Persion Gulf and how we had to keep that water way open for the passage of oil to the U.S..

It seems like the U.S. can always find an enemy in the middle east. I think some of them are intentionally created by the CIA to keep our military presence there.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It's very convoluted in Syria right now, no doubt that some members of the FSA now fight for ISIS, but the FSA itself has not joined ISIS, in fact they've been actively battling ISIS for some time now.

And the men in the photo with McCain have been identified as high ranking members of the FSA.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 16-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

What do you think they are after in Syria besides that pipeline/Assad?
Sorry for the delay kevinp.

Others will disagree with what is the ultimate goal wanted by the US, NATO, in the Middle East. You are seeing through the lying that goes on. Why can't they tell us the truth? What are they hiding?

You already know the answer. Oil.

And power. What do men with power want? More power. What do control freaks want? More control.

Since I know you are on a search for truth and the lines are blurred when it comes to uncovering it, I can't present you with the pat video that lays it all out.

The evidence of US helping the rebels to overthrow Assad is important. If you have the time and the inclination, watch this. I know its Frontline, a main stream source, but this one is unusual for them. In here one trained fighter states his US handlers don't want the fighting to end, but just go on.

Thats key to understanding all the quagmire and destabilization in the countries US has bombed and or invaded. We don't mind them killing each other and we are helping. Arm this side or another, declare war on the governments, bomb the places again and again to keep the region (ME) unstable and all the factions fighting amongst themselves.

For what? Oil. Power, Conquest, Empire.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Got another one for you. You can google Wesley Clark and the plan to conquer seven Middle Eastern Countries. Here is a short version of what he said:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I can buy that the US wants control over oil in the Middle East, but I don't buy that they want everyone to keep on fighting, that just makes getting the oil out harder and more dangerous..

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

But you notice there are no reports of refineries on fire… if this rebel grip controls some oil there, just how are they getting it to market? By truck, pipeline? In Iraq, the oil infrastructure to ship the oil out by pipeline and tanker is not in ISIS hands as far as I know. Those crown jewels are in Southern Iraq and Kuwait.

Gas pipe lines were hit in Ukraine, right? Little Kuwaits oil wells were set ablaze during the first Gulf war?

Nether has Israel been threatened by this monster Isis. Where are the suicide truck bombs hurled against the "enemy Israel?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If you are still with me, Kevin P, I am linking a post I made in another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sorry for the delay guys, long day at work.

"If ISIS has any military leaders that understand insurgent warfare on the level of someone like, say, general Giap in Vietnam, the US will definitely have a more difficult time "not succeeding."

Their leader is supposedly a pretty feared man. We had him locked up until 2009, when he was released. He supposedly knows his stuff as well according to the washington times.

He is a shrewd strategist, a prolific fundraiser and a ruthless killer

I hope ISIS is thwarted. Now that we know who the leader is, maybe we can cut the head off of the snake.

I personally think the United States had their eye on the middle east a long time ago. I remember after the collapse of the Soviet Union, there was talk that the new danger was terrorists. The U.S. kept talking about the next war would be in the Persion Gulf and how we had to keep that water way open for the passage of oil to the U.S..

It seems like the U.S. can always find an enemy in the middle east. I think some of them are intentionally created by the CIA to keep our military presence there.

I see 2 probable scenarios of why we went into Iraq in the first place. Rumsfeld and Cheney were motivated by self interests(halliburton rebuilding contracts, oil, power, etc) and misled/convinced Bush and congress to invade. Also, since Bush Sr. failed at killing Sadam in the Gulf War and since Sr. had CIA ties, it made it easier for GW to get support for Iraq. Bottom line is he appointed these idiots to his staff, he was likely in the know.

The interesting part to me is who is currently calling the shots for us. Doubt it is Obama, I would imagine someone in the CIA or NSA in today's world. Some "conspiracy theorists" say that there are ancient artifacts in Syria and that was part of the motivation to go into Iraq. Sadam was planning on rebuilding the palace of nebuchadnezzar as well as getting a bread crumb clue from the nazi's doing excavations in Iraq in 1941. Here is a page on wiki about the expeditions. Not trying to get too off topic but supposedly an ancient "Nordic" race use to rule the earth and had a lot of amazing technology that the Nazi's were after. Maybe the US govt picked up on that bread crumb as well.

The Ahnenerbe was an institute in Nazi Germany purposed to research the archaeological and cultural history of the Aryan race. Founded on July 1, 1935, by Heinrich Himmler, Herman Wirth, and Richard Walther Darré, the Ahnenerbe later conducted experiments and launched expeditions in an attempt to prove that mythological Nordic populations had once ruled the world.

fter traveling through Istanbul, Athens, and Lebanon, the researchers went to Damascus. They were not welcomed by the French, who ruled Syria as a colony at the time. The newly-sovereign Kingdom of Iraq was being courted for an alliance with Germany,[1][page needed] and Fritz Grobba, the German envoy to Baghdad, arranged for Altheim and Trautmann to meet with local researchers and be driven to Parthian and Persian ruins in southern Iraq, as well as Babylon.

Here are some articles talking about how the US took over the site of ancient Babylon and museums and would not let anyone in.
link
link

You already know the answer. Oil.

And power. What do men with power want? More power. What do control freaks want? More control.

I predicted TPTB would gradually start realizing big oil might be coming to an end soon and begin the infrastructure transition to alternative energy but you are probably right, oil is still a major factor in the worlds economies. A lot of nations are just starting to develop a dependency on it. The situation we were in 50 years ago lol. This type of technology gap could lead to a New World Order type scenario where the upper class stops caring about the poor because of the plethora of countries in 3rd world conditions and the lack of empathy of the leaders to this issue. That first video is interesting. That country is in the same situation as Iraq. Hopefully in 5 years things will be different and no one will get bombed.

top topics

join