It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auschwitz guard, 93, charged with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: guitarplayer
a reply to: Swills

300,000 in 30 days? That's 10,000 per day out of one camp seems a little high to me.

Yeah, it seems bloody stupid if you ask me..

Don't know how accurate those are but if so, the Germans were on Speed.

the source I used said that they could gas around 6000 a day and could cremate around 4,400 aday. That is a long way off from 10,000 aday that would be required to charge that this guard who spent one month and 300,000 deaths aty the camp.

Agreed.

Auschwitz - The Final Count

By Michael Collins Piper

1-21-5

A thought-provoking new anthology edited by English historian Vivian Bird casts stark new light on what really happened at Auschwitz during World War II. As the evidence shows, the official "facts" just don't add up.

In the summer of 1997 I was invited to speak at a California college seminar about my book, Final Judgment, which contends that Israel's intelligence agency, the Mossad, played a front-line role in the JFK assassination conspiracy alongside the CIA. Almost instantaneously I was hit by a media barrage orchestrated by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of B'nai B'rith, a lobby for Israel.

The ADL told the press I was "a Holocaust denier" and, for that reason alone, I should not be allowed to discuss my book (which, incidentally, never once mentions the Holocaust). Evidently the ADL was determined to shift the focus away from what my book really does address, so they determined the best way to discredit me was to smear me as "a Holocaust denier" (which I am not).

The ADL's tactic succeeded, setting off a firestorm of opposition-a "holocaust," so to speak-and the seminar was canceled, illustrating one point most clearly: The Holocaust has become a powerful propaganda tool for the state of Israel.

And what is important to remember is this: What did-or did not-happen at the Auschwitz concentration camp in Poland is, in fact, integral to the foundation of the basic story of the Holocaust.

www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Imagine the stress this guy has been living under all this time, hiding his past. I'm not saying this is punishment in the legal sense, but it is a kind of prison.

Prosecuting a man this age is pointless. By the time prosecution is finished he will likely have died anyway.

His crime(s) took place 70+ years ago. Prosecution at this point is beyond absurd.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's amazing how "this" is going on forever - and it's forbidden even to ask simple questions without being associated with the "D" word, even locking up people for questioning, not denying parts of our history. Okay, we can live with that.

But locking up a 93 old man who was following orders and (probably) didn't do any harm to the them ... it's perverse and reflects perfectly that our sick society is far from hitting rock bottom yet, because we let this happen.

I wish we would remember and prosecute other individuals in the same fashion we're doing it in "this" case and theater.
In order to put it into perspective - I wonder if any of the guards and interrogators at Guantanamo will be ever convicted of water-boarding the prisoners, or force-feeding them. Or will they convict the guy at the counter with the brown envelopes, taking their personal belongings?

This is just sick, people, it's freaking sick, because tomorrow we have already forgotten about this case.

~george

PS: I am not questioning that a Holocaust happened and that millions of people died as a result of WWII.
edit on 18/9/14 by absente because: safety-belt

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Paperclip is a blot of darkness that anyone who knows of it, and is American, should be ashamed of. I am.

How this somehow mitigates this mans involvement in the camps escapes me.

He should stand trial. So, too, should have those scientists. Many of them were monsters of a rather frightening sort.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Your source is incorrect. There were SS units made up of many different nationalities and ethnicities, including Britons, Russians, Ukrainians, Bosnian-Muslims, among many others. Many of these were people Hitler hated and wanted to exterminate, but they were useful to him when they also hated Jews.

To address the OP, I agree with others. There is no point in imprisoning this man. I do think it would be valuable to gain information for historical purposes, if this man is not suffering from dementia or memory loss. But as for punishment, I do not see the purpose at this point.
edit on 18-9-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: InvisibleOwl

To add to your comments -

You and Buster are both correct. At the start you had to meet the strict criteria to become a member. However, as the war dragged on, the SS took on a new role so the requirements were reduced / dropped all together. The mindset was to deal with that issue once the war was over.

Himmler's push to increase the ranks of the SS pissed off the army commanders as it drained manpower from their needs. The SS was never meant to be combat units to the extent they were near the end of the war.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized
One of the citations that yo have problems with cited that Auschwitz held Jews (25%) and multiple other 'Offenders'.
I have always been curious about the vast discrepancy in imprisoned numbers and the death rates which I am to be exercised by.
I recall that some international Jewish census showed a small decline in the World's Jewish Population from 1939(? about right) and shortly following the War (1947 ?). I am not Hebrew but not unsympathetic to them.
Zionist theory of how the world should be and how it was---Not so much.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
None of these guys got to pick and choose their military assignments.

Where's the war crimes trials for all the drafted American boys in Vietnam ?????

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Humanity is so fixated on the past - whether it's religion or oil or wars or politics or social/cultural norms - it seems unlikely that we'll make too much more progress going forward.

Prosecuting this old man does nothing to better society. Will he be rehabilitated at 93? Will victims be satisfied? Will anti-Semitism end?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

and not prosecuting him sends the message that its ok to participate in the death's of hundreds of thousands of people and get away with it if you make it to a certain age.

There is a reason these crimes dont have a statute of limitations. Not prosecuting due to age is a disservice to those individuals who outlived their parents who were murdered.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
As estimates of total Auschwitz deaths over the course of its existence (approximately from May 1940 to January 1945) vary widely, most fall in the range of 1,300,000, with 1,100,000 of those being Jewish people, so I find it slightly questionable and convenient that 300,000 of these occurred during this 1-2 month time frame.

One prominent Holocaust historian, Gerald Reitlinger, estimated that perhaps 700,000 Jews perished at Auschwitz. [3] French Holocaust historian Jean-Claude Pressac estimated in 1993 that the number of those who perished there was about 800,000 - of whom 630,000 were Jewish. [4]

Fritjof Meyer, a respected foreign policy analyst, author of several books, and managing editor of Germany's foremost weekly news magazine, presented a still lower figure in 2002. Writing in the scholarly German journal Osteuropa, he estimated that altogether 500,000 or 510,000 persons — Jews and non-Jews — perished in Auschwitz. [5]

While all such figures are conjectural, they show how the Auschwitz story has changed drastically over the years. [Source]

While many have made it their life's work to get justice for these deaths, I find that in many cases they go too far with very little evidence, particularly when eye witness testimony is so old and the excuse of their renowned and meticulous record-keeping being conveniently set aside for certain cases.

edit on 2/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

He did the crime so he should do the time I guess.

Though I do wonder what mitigating circumstances there might be.

Still the holocaust was a massive crime and examples need to be made regardless of time passed.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
And no mention of how many gays/gipsy's or political prisoners etc just the 425.000 Hungarian jews

He might get community service and tagged

en.metapedia.org...

Shush you are not meant to mention the other victim groups on ATS as that makes you a anti Semitic

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I cant help but wonder what good this will do?
Ninety three years old? Whats the point other than revenge?

Shouldn't we move on?

Not just revenge.

It's sending out a clear message that genoside is abhorrent.

It's a reminder. And we do need it.

Being old should not excuse past crimes of this magnitude either.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I have read some revisionist history which calls into question the logistics of gassing and cremating hundreds of thousands of people in these modestly-sized camps in a relatively short period of time. That's one aspect of the story I'd like to see clarified.

Actually the cremation was a problem

Most accounts of soldier liberating camps pointed out the vast graves of semi cremated corpses.

I have visited auswitz and the size is breath takeing. I don't have much trouble believing millions of all groups died in these camps.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Humanity is so fixated on the past - whether it's religion or oil or wars or politics or social/cultural norms - it seems unlikely that we'll make too much more progress going forward.

Prosecuting this old man does
nothing to better society. Will he be rehabilitated at 93? Will victims be satisfied? Will anti-Semitism end?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Likely no to all those.

And it's not just about anti sematism either.

But what this does do is act as a reminder of the atrocity.

I don't think the holocaust should ever be forgtton.

Though I may be biased as I have family in one of the other holacaust victim groups.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: kosmicjack

and not prosecuting him sends the message that its ok to participate in the death's of hundreds of thousands of people and get away with it if you make it to a certain age.

There is a reason these crimes dont have a statute of limitations. Not prosecuting due to age is a disservice to those individuals who outlived their parents who were murdered.

Yikes I 100% agree with you on this

Hell has frozen over today.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
I cant help but wonder what good this will do?
Ninety three years old? Whats the point other than revenge?

Shouldn't we move on?

What good will it do? .. It keeps the Holocaust alive, they need to be seen as a perpetual victim in the eyes of the world to keep the "POOR JEWs" industry going..

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Yikes I 100% agree with you on this

Hell has frozen over today.

Lol...

Just because we don't see eye to eye in a lot of areas it does not mean we eventually could. I try to restrict the differences I have with others to the thread we disagree in. No sense in a blanket view point.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I watched a Nazi Hunter Documnetary, and they were hounding a man who had been conscripted by the German Army and forced to guard a coal pile, one night as he was guarding he saw someone stealing coal and took a pot shot.
Later a Jewish man was found shot dead.
This they claimed was a Nazi War Crime.
The man himself claimed he wasnt this individual, but he was hounded in his old age.
It was a very weird program to watch very uncomforatble viewing.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join