It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Meteor Caught On Camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow you guys gotta check this out! Looks like the city is gonna get bombed then at the last second...poof

Seems like were getting alot of fireballs lately, or are we just getting better getting them on film?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm in NJ. About time something cool happens here and not in a distant place. I want more.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It's scary to think how far we are when we lookup the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Star and Flag!
Nice find. I love it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Here a few he got all in one night
www.facebook.com...

edit on 16-9-2014 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Seen it first hand. Was driving north bound on I81 in Virginia and it was straight ahead. It was pretty awesome!
edit on 16-9-2014 by sasquatch5100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I've seen a fireball well camping out in the Aussie desert, well on one of my little 'self discovery' journeys.

It was late at night and lite up the whole area around me like it was day, I looked up to the sky and thought it was coming straight for me, to say it took me be surprise would be an understatement, lol. It was green with a green tail and from my memory lasted longer than the one in the OP, though I was far more concerned in coming to grips with what was actually happening than timing its duration. So it was probably the shock value that made it feel like it lasted for so long. Like how time goes in slow motion when your in a car accident.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I live in eastern Canada, and over the past six months or so I've been seeing these strange lights falling from the sky. I'm certain they're not simply meteorites, as I've seen many in my lifetime. The lights are yellow, and fall to the earth at an incredible speed, however not as quickly as a meteorite and they don't have a tail. Meteorites fly by in an instant as they burn up in the atmosphere, however these lights fall from the sky all the way down past the horizon. I'd say they fall about as fast as a quarter if you dropped it onto the floor. The first time I saw them was about six months ago, and there were two of them which fell very close to one another in about a 1-2 minute time span. The last one I saw was only a few nights ago and oddly enough my attention was drawn to this multi colored flashing light to the right of the half moon. I've seen this light many times, and people have actually recorded them over the city:

www.youtube.com...

Though there were stars out that night, the moon was very bright and outshone all the stars around it except for this multicolored light. Also there was some cloud cover, and while it blocked the light of stars, this flashing light shone through...

edit on 16-9-2014 by Gh0stwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hey LDragonFire... just a note to all, because I see it a lot. It would be really helpful if folks would put the 'where it happened' on things in the title or first post.

That said... WOW, thanks for sharing!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Very cool
thanks for posting, garcia

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I saw one in Cornwall, mid-April 2010. It turned the night sky into daylight.

top topics

join