It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So The Truth Is Coming Out About The Scottish Heath Service.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A NHS whistle blower has released confidential papers to The BBC showing that after the referendum a saving of £400 million will have to be made in The Scottish NHS.

The whistleblower has alleged that pressures on the NHS come from Scottish government policies.

Well well The SNP has been caught with their pants down

www.bbc.co.uk...

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Typical BBC anti-Scotland propaganda. Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

The truth hurts i see.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Erm it may be right.

Scotlant releys alot on english taxpayer money to fund itself. Scottish tax payers dont cover all scotlands expensed.

So saveing will be made.

Thats not even accounting for the exedous of buissnes as alot of big buisnneses have expressed views of leaving and most importantly currency.

You cant keep the pound.

The Euro is not certain and will devalue your economy anyway and a scotish currency? Well erm

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm wondering why the truth would miraculously appear now considering the timing and the fact that Mr Cameron is obviously crapping his breeks about Scotland's departure from the union?

Can't pee in our pockets and tell us its raining any longer Westminster! Come the 18th were are lightly to exit stage left, so long and thanks for all the fish!

edit on 16-9-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm wondering why the truth would miraculously appear now considering the timing and the fact that Mr Cameron is obviously crapping his breeks about Scotland's departure from the union?

Going by all of tonight's opinion polls and the " Better Together " campaign not making any gaffs tomorrow the " No's " should have it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What part of what the BBC has reported is incorrect? Glib throw-away comments don't help. There's a lot to see if you bother to take the blinkers off.

Regards

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So, if I'm reading this right, Scottish health care is going to be 400 million pounds in the hole, and England still wants to keep them? Why?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So, if I'm reading this right, Scottish health care is going to be 400 million pounds in the hole, and England still wants to keep them? Why?

The Scottish government make health policy in Scotland not Westminster.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well that's not feeling i'm getting in the pit of my stomach! I'm not seeing many no stickers appearing in most windows, in all the housing schemes, or demonstrations like the one in Sauchiehall St and surrounding area in Glasgow supporting their cause.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It is an accepted fact that every year for 30 years Scotland has generated more tax revenue per head for the UK treasury than the rest of the UK. The latest figures taken from the Government Expenditure and Revenue Report Scotland (GERS) state that Scotland generated £800 more in tax per person than the UK average. Scotland would have been £8.3 billion better off than the UK over the past 5 years.

2) Children
In some areas in Scotland more than 1 in 3 children grow up in poverty (1 in 5 across the nation as a whole). The charity ‘Child Poverty in Scotland’ says that with Scotland’s undoubted wealth, this statistic is a scandal. There is no reason why our child poverty rates should be so much higher than many other European countries. In Denmark and Norway less than 10% of children live in poverty.

www.businessforscotland.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, so this is the way it is - If you leave a long established country, you are going to be looking at a period of chaos and hardship while things sort themselves out. Both nations are going to have problems: Scotland and England. Even if this is a peaceable separation, there are going to be problems. Both countries are deeply intertwined.

If anyone thought that you could just vote and pick up like nothing happened the next day except for a new border being drawn, then you are smoking something.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well that's not feeling i'm getting in the pit of my stomach! I'm not seeing many no stickers appearing in most windows, in all the housing schemes, or demonstrations like the one in Sauchiehall St and surrounding area in Glasgow.

The " No " voters are the silent majority, through fear of intimidation.

If i am wrong i will come back on Friday and admit i was wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have said it before i'll say it again, I would rather be free and poor than suffer under the yoke of Westminster rule any day of the week.

Sure things will be hard in the beginning but our children and future generations will thank us for it! In the end only time will tell I imagine but at least we will be free to fail or succeed on our own two feet and under our own steam!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: crazyewok

It is an accepted fact that every year for 30 years Scotland has generated more tax revenue per head for the UK treasury than the rest of the UK. The latest figures taken from the Government Expenditure and Revenue Report Scotland (GERS) state that Scotland generated £800 more in tax per person than the UK average. Scotland would have been £8.3 billion better off than the UK over the past 5 years.

2) Children
In some areas in Scotland more than 1 in 3 children grow up in poverty (1 in 5 across the nation as a whole). The charity ‘Child Poverty in Scotland’ says that with Scotland’s undoubted wealth, this statistic is a scandal. There is no reason why our child poverty rates should be so much higher than many other European countries. In Denmark and Norway less than 10% of children live in poverty.

www.businessforscotland.co.uk...

What has any of that got to do with the proposed cuts to The Scottish Health Service ?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Fear of Intimidation, really?

Why so silent? What do they have to be ashamed of?

Choice is at our discretion here in bonny Scotland, nothing to fear accept our own stupidity should we vote no.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I have said it before i'll say it again, I would rather be free and poor than suffer under the yoke of Westminster rule any day of the week.

Sure things will be hard in the beginning but our children and future generations will thank us for it! In the end only time will tell I imagine but at least we will be free to fail or succeed on our own two feet and under our own steam!

Eh, I'm across the pond and have no dog in this "fight." The one caution I have is the demogogues I hear on the Scottish side who are promising "retribution" on business. They sound a bit like they want to turn you all into a new Venezuela, and if that's the case, I'd be worried. There's a freedom, and there's a people's "paradise."

Good luck to you and I hope it all turns out well. I'm sure there are quite a few people in the US who are watching this to see how it goes.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Why so silent? What do they have to be ashamed of?

Choice is at our discretion here in bonny Scotland, nothing to fear here accept our own stupidity show we vote no.

Why do they stay silent?

I suppose they don't fancy a visit to the hospital.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I think there is a lot of truth in that, interesting to read about Scottish & Lions legend David Sole getting abused on twitter for distancing himself from Salmomds 'team Scotland' say yes rhetoric.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Actually i think you may find the Scottish people have pursued the democratic process regarding this referendum to the letter of the law! I have not heard of anyone being hospitalised regarding their choice of vote. That's nothing more than simple scaremongering! This is Scotland, not some third world nation intent on chopping the hands and feet from their political opponents.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join