It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 20th Hijacker: Government Cover-Up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A Federal Appeals Court just ruled that photos taken at Guantanamo Bay of the alleged “20th hijacker” of 9/11 would remain classified. Another government cover-up? The excuse: the protection of American citizens. But ask yourself this: is the government protecting you, or is it simply protecting itself?

What do you think is the truth?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
they work on the illusion of security not actual security

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
no. they work on the premise that out of sight, out of mind will hold true and abscond them of any further insight/investigation(s).

if TSHTF shred/delete anything 'incriminating'

ages olde 'practice'

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The real cover up is that some of the supposed "hijackers" are still alive today. Its been a while, so I can't remember the source, but it was not too long after the "attacks". When some of the men were told they had supposedly died, they couldn't believe it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2014 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Oannes

Let's add it to the list of things to investigate

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
After all the lies and cover-ups pertaining to the 9-11 attack one more doesn't really matter.

The whole 9-11 attack doesn't matter anyways.

Until Americans are willing to open their eyes and see what kind of atrocities the US government is committing in this country and stand up to it and stop it, with violence if necessary nothing will ever change.

If nobody wants to change the status of this country, then all you can do is accept it.

people can't be too ignorant to see all the discrepancies in the official story of 9-11 so I have to assume if they CAN see the problems with the story then they just don't care enough to do anything about it.

The government has been given too much leash for too long.....

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I remember seeing this news story a few weeks ago, the reason the 3 panel court gave was that the images could be used as recruiting propaganda for extremists if they viewed the images and video.

Upholding a lower-court ruling from last year, a three-judge panel of the Second U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York sided with the U.S. government, which argued that dozens of videotapes and images of Mr. al-Qahtani relating to his detention should be kept classified because they could be used by extremist groups to incite anti-American sentiment. States the opinion:

The declarations submitted by the government establish with adequate specificity that release of images depicting al‐Qahtani—one of the most high‐profile Guantanamo Bay detainees, whose treatment at Guantanamo has been widely publicized—could logically and plausibly harm national security because these images are uniquely susceptible to use by anti‐American extremists as propaganda to incite violence against United States interests domestically and abroad.

blogs.wsj.com...

ps, a pleasure to share a dialog with you Mr. Ventura. I have enjoyed many of your thought provoking topics over the years

edit on 16-9-2014 by creation7 because: forgot content and link

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think that a reason why they wouldn't want them release to the public is because they are constantly trying to keep the off the topic of the media radar and becasue the nature of the photos, Mr. Qahtani was allegedly interrogated for up to 20 hours a day for 48 days, made to wear women’s underwear, subjected to deafening music, and leashed like a dog. This brings back memories of Abu Garib and the complete unprofessional conduct of detention centers there.
edit on 16-9-2014 by creation7 because: better wording

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
sans absent the pictures, the interrogation log can give a reader an idea of of what may be in the pictures

the pdf log that was leaked by Time magazine in 2006 content.time.com...
edit on 16-9-2014 by creation7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

This is a new piece of information for me 20 hijacker's ?

I wonder how many shower's that person has had in all those years at gitmo

More need's to come out about this when a good % of the people do not know more than 2 buildings fell on 9-11

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: creation7

Thanks for sharing and your posts! I totally agree. Like I said in today's episode, if they are afraid the pictures can be used as propaganda, there must be some terrible things in those photos and videos. It seems more like they are just embarrassed about what happened...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

MR Ventura all day it is being said on the u.k new's stations America at war !!

Years ago i remember reading that when America was at war the congress had no power and fema was in control of the country , i was looking into satellite data at the time and how it was kept secret at these times but with America being at war since 2001 .

Any idea's on this

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
a reply to: creation7

It seems more like they are just embarrassed about what happened...

And once the topic is raised again the focus takes shape more and more on the botched management of detainees and exposes the internal fracturing between the different departments that accessed detainees on a daily basis.

The recent Senate Armed Services Committee report on the treatment of detainees captured during the Bush administration’s War on Terror revealed that several American military officers acted to stop harsh interrogations of prisoners. Likewise, the Senate report showed that psychologists versed in the military’s Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape “SERE” program, which was meant to train American soldiers how to cope with torture if captured by the enemy, warned officials as early as 2002 that reverse-engineering SERE techniques for use on detainees could be ineffective and dangerous. What has been little noticed in the report is that the same psychologists helped develop the very interrogation policies and practices they warned against.

The new information re-opens a number of questions that have tugged at the conscience of a whole profession since the Sept. 11 attacks. Is it possible for psychologists to uphold the ethical tenets of their profession while working within a system of interrogation that violates those tenets? If not, then should the psychologists, however well-meaning, be held to account for their possible role in torture? Does it matter if they raised objections to the system of interrogation but cooperated with it anyway?

The moral dilemma is encapsulated in the experiences of a psychiatrist and psychologist who worked at the U.S. military prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. According to the Senate report, in an Oct. 2, 2002, memo they prepared a list of harsh interrogation techniques that ended up influencing interrogation policy not only at Guantánamo, but also in Afghanistan and Iraq. In the same memo, they warned that these methods were likely to result in inaccurate tips and could harm detainees. Those warnings disappeared as the memo moved up the chain of command.

Psychiatrist Maj. Paul Burney, psychologist John Leso and a psychiatric technician had been sent to Guantánamo in June 2002 with a combat stress control company. The three had expected to help U.S. soldiers cope with their extremely stressful deployments, but were “hijacked and immediately in processed into Joint Task Force 170, the military intelligence command on the island,” Burney told Senate investigators.

www.salon.com...

also the declaration of Gitanjali S. Gutierrez, lawyer for Mohammed al Qahtani

ccrjustice.org...

In this above pdf, pay particular attention to declarations beginning around # 12 onward- lays out a timeline of the disagreements that began to take place on procedures creating the interrogation techniques
edit on 16-9-2014 by creation7 because: add more commentary

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If I were to guess, I would say that this hijacker has been photographed with American military officials, politicians, etc., etc. and it would link the US government, or maybe even one of Americas "allies" to said hijacker.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I thought they already jailed the 20th Hijacker...Wee Baldy guy who took flying lessons but bottled it at the last minute...I remember reading the story and his face was all over the news media for weeks if not months/years after 9-11.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

What is the best way to fall asleep folks?

Keep counting the sheep, keep counting the sheep.

Did you hear that the USA will attack Iran....I mean IRAQ.....I mean Syria.....I mean Russia! Let's vote on it. The most money wins, I mean votes.

Stay tuned folks we will back after these messages. Are you tired? Are you feeling like have no energy? Is your memory playing tricks on you? Are forgetting your past? Don't worry we have a solution for you....................May cause drowsiness, vomiting, insomnia, paranoia, anxiety, psychosis, shivers, cold sweats.......FDA approved.

USA you scary man.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

How on earth is this right? Is this not protection for the terrorists? Let me add that certain states still use the death penalties so why was he not dealt accordingly...premeditated mass murder!

I'm always the last to say..'its a conspiracy', HOWEVER i have seen many many documentaries on 9/11 and none of it makes sense... with the relevant authorities contradicting themselves and each other constantly. This was a sham from start to finish. I live in the UK but have followed this story with great curiousity. I think I remember seeing hearing somewhere that authorities could have stopped this and didn't...

Obama next press release... 'We do not negotiate with terrorists, we protect them...'

top topics

join