It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chandler wobble and position of north pole ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
A few years ago I started getting interested in all of this earth changing, conspiracy theory, world is going to end any minute now stuff. At that time I read about the north magnetic pole movements and the changes in the chandler wobble.
What I find really strange is that every one knows the magnetic north pole has moved over 1000 miles in the last 200 years but I can not find a single thing that shows the current position of the pole. The last stated position that I can find was taken in 2001 and it was at 81.3N 110.8W and for get about any thing current that show what the Chandler wobble is doing.
I would think that if we where looking at a possible magnetic reversal soon as a lot of scientists claim we are the governments would be monitoring this and you would be able to find current reports on the position and status?

Any one out there got any info on this subject?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I was reading about the movement of the magnetic poles last night on zetatalk website. www.zetatalk.com... It has some newer positions, but I don't know if they are accurate.

Here's a interesting article on the chandler wobble.

An Analysis of Jupiters' Far Field Gravitational Flux, as an Excitation Mechanism for the Chandler Wobble Phenomena.
ourworld.compuserve.com...

This site may give earth position or wobble
www.iers.org...

This next one has a animated chart that runs tell June 2004
www.huttoncommentaries.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I totally understand the mechanics behind both the Magnetic pole shift and the chandler wobble.

An accelerated magnetic move would show the pole in the process of flipping.
Might be a good Idea to know where the pole is and where its going and how fast, don�t ya think?

A deviation from the normal wobble of the earth could possibly show a crust displacement happening.
I know that crust displacement is just a theory but there is enough evidence that it is correct that some one should be keeping an eye on that wobble?

What I�m looking for is some one or some agency that is doing real time or close to real time tracking of both or either with info about either that is more current than 2001.

I spent a lot of time looking and have not found any but maybe I�m looking in the wrong place, or is no one really watching these 2 things?

By the way thinks for the links but as I stated at first I'm looking for data that is more current than 2001 and as far as the zatnuts go I take any thing posted on thier site as close to a waist of time.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by comppwizz]

join