It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Bridge Protest Organizers to Militia: You're Not Welcome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Apparently there's a protest set for this weekend to "shut down" international ports of entry.

But a spokesperson for “Shut Down All Ports of Entry” says the militias are *NOT* welcome !!!

I would think the militias would be welcome because of the common ground (so to speak).

A few weeks ago, many people were shouting that the militias were not showing up in Ferguson.

The organizer of this weekend’s planned protest to shut down international ports of entry have a message to militia groups – You are not welcome. This statement came in response to a Breitbart Texas article about police agency preparations for the protest planned for the weekend.

In an interview with Breitbart Texas, Staysi Barth, organizer of “Shut Down All Ports of Entry”, said militia groups are not welcome at the national event planned for this weekend across the southern border of the United States. “Only peaceful protesters are coming,” Barth said. .....

boldly puts forward a travel advisory: “Please be aware that traveling across the US/Mexico border will be impeded, beginning on September 20, 2014, with no designated end date.”

Article;

"Shut Down All Ports of Entry" website;

On September 20, 2014 @ 8:00am PST...

We are a representation of Americans who are unsettled and deeply concerned with our current Administration, in all branches of Federal and State governments. Our mission is to Shut Down, every United States’ Port of Entry on the Southern Border, until our Goals are met.

This action will force the elected officials in The United States and Mexico, to come up with a permanent and legitimate solution for dealing with the Illegal Immigration issue, enforce our rule of law, and bring our Marine,

Sgt. Tahmooressi, home. This protects all American citizens and those legal immigrants who wish to come here through legal channels.

Shut Down All Ports of Entry

What's the Problem?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, the first I have heard of this. I read the article and this statement about being there for only one day and then she said for as long as it takes. I hope she takes a camper and plans on moving there. A one day protest will not fix our border problems.

“This is not going to be a one-day event,” Darth wrote in the guideline. “This is meant to be a peaceful standoff between American Patriots and those who seek to destroy our Constitution and Sovereignty. We will be there as long as it takes.”

edit on 16-9-2014 by RunForTheHills because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I understand that they dont want the militia's because it may trigger the peaceful police to become violent head bashing, ego maniacs. Because we all know that all peaceful protest stay peaceful. * Sarcasim * My opinion is that if the darn militia wants to stage its own protest the same day, then not much can be done to stop whomever calls themself a militia/ protester.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
And really the only way your going to send a very clear message, to the American gov, is for this not to be pre arranged. scare the crap out of these elected officials by organizing the very same day. That would show unity at a minutes notice. Something we should all care about

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Apparently there's a protest set for this weekend to "shut down" international ports of entry.

But a spokesperson for “Shut Down All Ports of Entry” says the militias are *NOT* welcome !!!

I would think the militias would be welcome because of the common ground (so to speak).

A few weeks ago, many people were shouting that the militias were not showing up in Ferguson.

The organizer of this weekend’s planned protest to shut down international ports of entry have a message to militia groups – You are not welcome. This statement came in response to a Breitbart Texas article about police agency preparations for the protest planned for the weekend.

In an interview with Breitbart Texas, Staysi Barth, organizer of “Shut Down All Ports of Entry”, said militia groups are not welcome at the national event planned for this weekend across the southern border of the United States. “Only peaceful protesters are coming,” Barth said. .....

boldly puts forward a travel advisory: “Please be aware that traveling across the US/Mexico border will be impeded, beginning on September 20, 2014, with no designated end date.”

Article;

"Shut Down All Ports of Entry" website;

On September 20, 2014 @ 8:00am PST...

We are a representation of Americans who are unsettled and deeply concerned with our current Administration, in all branches of Federal and State governments. Our mission is to Shut Down, every United States’ Port of Entry on the Southern Border, until our Goals are met.

This action will force the elected officials in The United States and Mexico, to come up with a permanent and legitimate solution for dealing with the Illegal Immigration issue, enforce our rule of law, and bring our Marine,

Sgt. Tahmooressi, home. This protects all American citizens and those legal immigrants who wish to come here through legal channels.

Shut Down All Ports of Entry

What's the Problem?

Probably because a lot of protestors are protesting FOR illegal immigration and the "militia" is generally AGAINST it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Great Idea...

When they shut down the Border.

Let's go and get our Marine back.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but these "protesters" aren't being very smart. At All.

Alienating such a large group of "patriots" that could actually help their cause.

Maybe it's just me, but I would trust a well formed group of militia before random strangers.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I really find this strange after doing a bit of digging.

There are still militia groups actively patrolling the border right now. So does this crowd think they are all going to leave, because they say so?
Maybe they (militia) are doing too good of a job?

Something smells off about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ignorant people want to act like a militia is a horrible thing, without realizing that a well armed militia is truly the ONLY thing that can keep our republic safe from the government taking all of our liberties away. That is the whole point of a militia and the 2nd amendment. The founding fathers themselves realized this fact, and said as much. So it is highly un-American to treat militias like the bad guys when they are simply trying to protect the Constitution of the US as well as American citizens from what amounts to an illegal foreign invasion. There is nothing wrong with immigration, when done legally. People want to talk about how America was built by immigrants, etc., while ignoring the fact that the majority of immigrants who came over in the 19th century and even into the 20th century, those from Europe, came through immigration depots and had their information catalogued. So it seems it is mostly those from Mexico who are skirting the law for the most part. I don't want anyone in my country whose first act in this country is an illegal one. That really tells us they have no respect for the law, and we don't need more people like that in this country. And it is utter hogwash to claim that they don't have the money to take the legal route, considering that it is a known fact that the majority of illegal immigrants actually pay "guides" upwards of a thousand US dollars to take them across the border. So there is no excuse for not entering legally. They CHOOSE not to in most instances. And I can only assume this is because they do not wish to be taxed.
edit on 9/16/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think they should get their priorities straight- illegal immigrants are hardly the issue when the government is over in other countries bombing and terrorizing (basically the world).

Those 'illegals' could get to see the real "American Dream," i.e. if our government that is for the people, by the people get out of hand, we can relieve them of duty. *

*If we can pull our heads out of our asses long enough.
edit on 16u3304pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join