It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video Baltimore police officer placed on administrative leave after abuse accusation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A Baltimore cop has been placed on leave after what a mans lawyer said is a case of obvious police brutality caught on video.

After watching the video I think the cop should be fired instantly and charged with assault. He lies all through his report and if not for the video he would have got away with it for sure.

Just like so many other cops do

Baltimore City police officer has been placed on administrative leave a day after a man Monday filed charges against the officer for what attorneys are calling a clear case of police brutality, captured on a police surveillance camera.

City police Commissioner Anthony Batts, speaking during a news conference Tuesday, said he he agrees with the mayor's office that the incident is a "black eye" on the department. He added that these problems will be corrected and anyone who has culpability will be held accountable.

www.abc2news.com...
edit on 16-9-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Holy crap, ya that is just ridiculous, just punches him out of no where and then goes off on him.
Haymakers and uppercuts the to dudes face.

Cops need to he punished like the rest of us, that is assault. We would be in jail needing to bail out. Same should go for the cop

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The only recourse we as taxpaying citizens have is the camera. When it's our word against LEOs...we lose!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow. You can see in the few seconds leading up to the first hit that he moved to an opening to get a clean shot. I'm sure the guy was talking some stuff, but there was no need for that.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow, it looks like they really wanted to start a fight.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Wow, it looks like they really wanted to start a fight.

They wanted him to retaliate so they could kill him. He was walking away trying to avoid a confrontation when they attacked him.
edit on 16-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That's why the people don't trust the LEO.

And, they complain about community silence.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sad, made a woman have to get in the middle to stop him from hitting the guy. Placed on leave is a start, looks like it wasn't just him instigating a fight there. Those PD present there need to be questioned. But is that going to amount to anything? As we've seen what happened in California when the cop was reinstated with back pay: see here

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's clear that the camera is the best and most useful defence against police brutality and police corruption. People may complain about "big brother" in the form of CCTVs but they have a tendency to help people being persecuted more than anything.

Until this type of behaviour is purged from positions of power there needs to be cameras everywhere...Preferably secured onto their persons.

As someone else mentioned one of the worst points regarding this matter, is think about how many people have gone to court and lost, because it was "their word against a police officers" and those police officers are the voice of god in a court room. No, they could never lie...
edit on 16-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You can read the body language of the cop right from the beginning. He was giving all the classic non verbal cues of wanting to fight. The puffing up of chest, the bouncing to the balls of his feet.

For all his big bad ass punches, the other guy never went close to going down. That probably pissed the steroid laden cop off even more.

EF you Kay the police. EF you Kay the NSA. Revolution is coming but it will not be violent. The world is evolving. The cops and NSA are not. They'll never know what hit them when they become simply irellevant

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And the fact that none of the other cops even make an attempt to stop the aggression makes them culpable in my opinion. They are the law, and their inaction speaks volume in my opinion. I think this goes to show that they are unwilling to side with a civilian over a cop, even when the civilian is in the right. I don't care what that guy said, this was not the correct way to handle the situation. Physical violence by a police officer is never justified unless they are first acted against in a physically violent manner. The suspect was obviously not under arrest, considering the first thing any cop did was punch him in the face. So what did he end up getting arrested for? Probably for hurting the cops hand. Assault on a cop, lol. It would not surprise me one bit. And that is bad, that so much of this crap happens that we are not surprised anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That was horrifying. This crud has to stop. Thank goodness for the video. Pffffffffffffffffft

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

And the fact that none of the other cops even make an attempt to stop the aggression makes them culpable in my opinion. They are the law, and their inaction speaks volume in my opinion.

one of the other cops was holding the guy so his partner could keep punching him....these cops are out of control...mounted cameras are needed for cops or they will continue to get away with abusing the public they are supposed to be protecting.....im glad this pig was caught and i hope they throw the book at him

top topics

join