It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R2D2 found on Rosetta Comet???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Article

A UFO has been sighted on the surface of Comet 67P Churyumov Gerasimenko by the Rosetta spacecraft.

The craft, which is currently tailing the comet (and has just announced its landing point), was able to take a high-resolution image which then revealed a metallic-looking object.

Conspiracy websites have backed up the claim that it is indeed an unidentified object by pointing out that a rock next to the device shows very different characteristics, despite both being in the same angle of sunlight.

The rock appears as a darker more rugged shape while the metallic disc appears to reflect the sunlight back into the camera lens of the Rosetta spacecraft.

I was going through google news for the day and ran across this. Pretty cool. Do any of you have any thoughts on what this could be?

I do not know how to post pictures on ATS. Sorry. Im still a newbie here (cant even figure out how to upload an avatar).
edit on 16-9-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: add video, I hope

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Could be an old probe sent in space along time ago that ended up crashing or landing on Comet 67p.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga
Well, it went from being a shiny object (most likely gamma blown pixel) in Arken's thread to R2D2/UFO.

My vote is that it is some sort of image artifact.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
here's the other thread about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cant get enough UFOvni2012 youtube videos. they always seem totally legit.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I vote R2D2

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"An Imperial Probe droid."

"its a good bet the Empire knows we're here."

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny
here's the other thread about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh man.. sorry. Someone delete this thread please.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

We've all been there Army, don't sweat it

Check your u2u's

Cody

edit on 16/9/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I tend to agree it's probably an artifact but regardless of that if you download the Hi Res image it is a quite stunning picture of what is an ancient object.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, it went from being a shiny object (most likely gamma blown pixel) in Arken's thread to R2D2/UFO.

Well they are filming a new Star Wars, so maybe they sent him there to get some goods shots of space.

I am with the hot pixel myself.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just looked at this on the website ufo sightings daily, and the image quality isn't that great. Hard to say. I would vote inconclusive/possible R2D2 too.

edit on 16pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
on another thread about this comet...a poster put up 2 pics from the camera which had the same boulders in that big crater of sand... the sensational pic showed the blaring reflection off a boulder...the boring pic, from an angle way south & looking north, had no reflection from the same boulder...

the most sensational part would be the orbiting camera was in the exact spot to get blasted by that reflection off a flat part on the top edge of that boulder...a really rare occurrence indeed considering the light source, and all the moving parts for a reflection to happen, as if it were a solar panel's or a mirror's intentional reflection of light...to get our attention?
edit on th30141089966516342014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
LOL posted a day ago..search is ur friend

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

great you just ruined the plot for the next movie

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes i absolute agree that is the fictional robot R2D2.

top topics

join