It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's ISIS Threat Hearing (Armed Svcs Committee)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The drums are beating for war and military action once again. Seems like exactly this time last year it was Syria. Now it's ISIS/ISIL and possibly Syria. The worst part is they reference horribly conducted polls to conclude the majority of Americans are behind action against ISIS/ISIL.

Video at C-SPAN, but it's not overly cooperative (click the link to start from the beginning):
CSPAN Video Link + Transcript

Just some interesting take-aways:
1. Sen. Levin starts the committee the imagery of ISIL doom and beheading of Americans
2. Sen Inhofe cites weak polls as proof Americans are behind the decision for military action (see below)
3. Hagel and Dempsey stating that $500 million dollars to fund 5,000 members of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) with Saudi Arabia offering to host the training program + additional financial support
4. Dempsey suggests that "boots on the ground" aren't out of the quesiton
5. McCain presses Hagel at least 3x to have the USA attack Assad if he attacks the FSA
6. McCain wants to "repel" Assad's air assets (helicopters and fixed wing) "if" Assad attacks the FSA
7. McCain criticizes Obama in 2012 for over-ruling his national security team and NOT funding/aiding the "moderates" in Syria, aka the Free Syrian Army
8. Hagel proclaims we have Middle Eastern allies to assist with airstrikes (Saudi Arabia being one) but doesn't want to discuss further

Other important factors:
Shoddy statistics - @46 min - Sen. James Inhofe references a CNN poll saying 70% of Americans feel ISIS is a threat to our homeland. I can't find the actual poll numbers on CNN's website, on their broadcasts, or on other referencing sites (like Huffington Post). Nowhere do they provide HOW MANY people were polled. Sen. Inhofe further says - "One of the things I was glad to see, the American people, there's been a wake up call." ...referencing the polls as justification for war.

Inhofe then says, yesterday a Wall Street Journal poll came out - again 70% of the people. I checked the WSJ poll and the number polled was a mere 554 people. And their conclusion from these 554 "registered voters" was actually 62% support (not 70%).
WSJ Link

They skip the poll question from the WSJ that asks - How much confidence do you have that the US will be able to accomplish the goals President Obama outlined in his speech for degrading and eliminating the threat posed by the ISIS forces in Iraq and Syria?
Answer:
17% - A great deal
11% - Quite a bit
37% - Just some
33% - Very little
4% - Not sure

I still can't find any polling numbers on the supposed CNN/ORC International Poll stating that 70% of Americans support military action against ISIS. Every news piece I find does not provide the number of people polled. Anyone got an idea on this one?

Apparently this is standard practice with CNN/ORC International polls. (This is based on finding other stories stating poll information CNN presented on air was later nowhere to be found and possibly hid.)

I'm gravely concerned that this 70% number is grossly miscalculated if not out-right fabricated. None of this should be surprise to ATSers, but it's the same dog and pony show that we've seen year in and year out.

Conclusions:
There are many points for discussion here. A lot of pieces being moved into position on the chess board. And to that the recent idiocracy of Charlie Rangel's recent comments to "reinstate the draft" and the desired outcomes of this chess game become gravely apparent.
edit on 16-9-2014 by WCmutant because: Left out Inhofe's justification phrase...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant
I dont know brother, I for one am happy the first offensive strike killing Isis has occurred today and cant wait for the video showing red mist of these scum. But maybe its just me

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Nice overview of the event!

McCain was the one that really got to me.....

He couldn't have been any more transparent as to the REAL reason he wanted to go after IS. He telegraphed perfectly how IS will be used to topple Assad one way or another.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I dont know brother, I for one am happy the first offensive strike killing Isis has occurred today and cant wait for the video showing red mist of these scum. But maybe its just me

I don't care about ISIS. When TPTB finally sneak ISIS into the USA using the Mexican cartels and we have to fight them here I will worry.

ISIS are nothing more than opportunistic thugs. They aren't attacking Jordan, Saudi Arabia, or any other US allied nation in the region. And they obviously aren't going after Israel, which would make the most sense - if they really hate them so much.

I judge based on action. So far, the closest to any action I've seen (heard) out of ISIS directed at the USA are some really crappy middle school level videos of "beheadings." (Heard really, because I haven't watched the videos. All reports are there were no visible beheadings.)

At any rate, given the level of brutality ISIL has previously been willing to broadcast these rank amateur videos of the US and UK journalists are dubiously suspect.

Here's what I see:
1. Military industrial complex wants more money, aka more war
2. Screw ISIL... the real chess game is Syria as seeker1963 has already pointed out. And based on last year's lie, they are using ISIL to get what they wanted last year.
3. More war = more fodder = reinstate draft = culling the average American herd (I only hope it was hot air coming out of Rangel's fat mouth)

A base-less poll showing 70% support with no description of poll data backing it up is nothing more than a lie. It may as well be:
1. uranium-rich yellow cake
2. help Bosnian's secure peace
3. soldiers throwing babies out of incubators
4. "That is aggression as surely as Adolf Hitler's invasion of Poland 50 years ago was aggression," ~ re: military action against Manuel Noriega because of his drug trafficking, never mind he worked for the CIA (a Hitler he was not, a party boy and unwilling to back the USA's fighting in Nicaragua he was)
5. US naval ships attacked - Gulf of Tonkin 1964, too bad it didn't happen (but the President said it happened, must be true)
6. North Korea attacked South Korea on orders from the USSR - history shows it was the South that was the aggressor
7. WWII, Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, 1941 - there are LOTS of nuggets regarding WWII and the propaganda machine. The Dec. 4, 1941 memo to the President stating a Japanese attack was eminent. The fact the US Naval Intelligence decoded the Japanese communications months earlier.

And the biggest take away of them all is this - for all of the above wars/conflicts lies were told to the American people AND it was by both Rep. and Dem. parties.

Why did I go through all of these? Because history repeats itself and anyone that believes humans have changed throughout history clearly doesn't know history.

Welcome to the infinite loop!
edit on 16-9-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hey, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

They couldn't get past the polls last time they tried to take Assad out, and we know they all live by polls and not what is right or wrong, so they're trying again using ISIS as the pretext. I mean how much more obvious can they get?

These are truly vile and conniving people. The mere fact they have poll numbers tells me a few things. 1. ISIS is a Western asset 2. our leadership is totally in the tank for the Rothschild banking cartel. 3. the MSM is fully onboard and on the take. 4. All these #@^%ers are going to make a ton of loot on military contracts.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Seriously given the wealth of information out there and previous 'threats' to America, I am amazed at the stpudity and shallow analysis of some the comments and responses to the whole ISIS threat. US went into that region not too long ago, spent billions, while their own cities and people suffered, lost loads of soldiers, injured many more, claimed victory and left a mess! And now its going back? Lol nice move, pat ourselves on the back!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kamza

The real truth is that it's further evidence of perpetual war in the Middle East. However, I think mainstream America is catching on, and is really tired of fighting these wars. At least, I hope so...I sure am. All of the money being spent could be used to protect the homeland, if these terrorists are such a direct threat.

But, we all know that's a lie. Right?

Anyway, you would think that every country in the region would put these goons down. Why don't they? It's a mystery...oh wait...they obviously do not really care. Oh well...why should we put our necks on the line for them? Do you think they would do the same for us?

I will say that the Peshmerga (Kurds) do seem to be about the only sane people over there. I actually do not mind helping them, as they seem to have a decent society built, and are defending it honorably (I believe, I could easily be wrong). I even read that they have women in their military on the front lines. You have to respect such an open, and accepting society. They seem to be good people, just looking to build a country, and defend it from the psychos in the region.

Oh well...one good country out of how many in the region? Willing to help others...who else helps other people over there? I can't think of anyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The members of the armed services committee must be looking at some major payoffs uh,I mean campaign contributions!
if they get their way.The only time we see these guys act this concerned about our armed services is either when the VA has another scandal or when they wanna send troops to protect their backers investments.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza
Seriously given the wealth of information out there and previous 'threats' to America, I am amazed at the stpudity and shallow analysis of some the comments and responses to the whole ISIS threat. US went into that region not too long ago, spent billions, while their own cities and people suffered, lost loads of soldiers, injured many more, claimed victory and left a mess! And now its going back? Lol nice move, pat ourselves on the back!

The wealth of information is exactly why they have been talking about the Internet kill switch and desiring more control over the Internet as a whole.

The worrisome aspect of this is that they are peddling modified/fabricated statistics to convince the sheep watching CNN, etc. that everyone agrees. I have a buddy that has a better understanding of a lot of this IS stuff (because of what he does) but haven't been able to get together in person to actually discuss it.

My major worries are:
1. Big push for boots on the ground against IS
2. Perpetual war with an enemy we seem to be creating (meaning it never goes away)
3. Syria gets caught in the mix, per McCain's continued pressing
4. Re-instatement of a draft to pull young men (maybe women) into being fodder for the war machine

TPTB benefit significantly
1. War machine makes money
2. If Syria falls = puppet government + US corporate involvement regarding pipeline and resources (more money)
3. The "patriots" in America that the gov't is afraid of see their next generation scooped up in a draft and flung at these lunatics
4. Potentially worse scenario is Russia and China getting involved if Syria is attacked

It's been a long time since a predominantly "white" country fought another "white" country in a war. It's why I'm not sold that Russia and/or China would intervene on Syria's behalf. Most major wars/conflicts seem to be white vs. brown/asian as of late (last 50-60 years). I believe WWII was the last time. Of course, I'm not counting the Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian ethnic issues, that has historical hatred.

The strange nature of the American beast is that America seems to have picked up in empire building and resource collection where the British Empire left off. However, instead of subjugating the local populace they simply manipulate their political process to ensure puppetization.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There will be boots on the ground.

ISIS will force it.

Obama will not put boots on the ground TILL after the Nov elections.

Then all bets are off and its likely the US will send combat troops.

Obama has always said one thing and did something else after his first point is no longer needed.

He needs the democrat vote in Nov but after Nov he does not and then he will put boots on the ground.

Or after Nov ISIS will force his hand by attacking someplace in the US.

top topics

join