It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The trend continues in August; The World is Warming as NASA says hottest on record

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Blah blah blah...

Sorry, OPer, but I just can't take folks like you seriously. And even if it is warming up slighly on a global scale...that's okay. Seriously, lots of scientists say so.

Put down the Kool-Aid and slowly walk away...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I'm not necessarily say "global warming" isn't real, but the "hottest summer on record" sure bypassed Texas. This was one of our cooler summers. In fact, over the course of my life in Texas, the weather patterns haven't changed all that much.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but the weather cycle is pretty much normal here in Texas. I'm starting to think it's pretty normal in most places. You can only say, "just because such and such is happening in your neck of the woods doesn't mean it isn't happening in the rest of the world" so many times before you have to sit back objectively and realize that there comes a time when everyone's respective "neck of the woods" adds up. Despite what all the expert propagandists indicate, people all over the north American continent insist that things are pretty normal. Maybe it's just "Eastern warming"?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I read your link to Spencer's take on it. I am still digesting it, and I appreciate the information. There are a couple of aspects I need to research so I will have a better understanding and will be able to critique it, either positively or negatively.

No...I have never heard of Ned Nikolov, that I am aware of. Dr. Jelbring was where I heard of it first. I ran into him back in the 80s, I think. A symposium he attended. I do not remember many of the details, but he was talking about gas law and temperatures during a conversation with a friend of mine. I listened in, didn't think much of it at the time simply because it had nothing to do with my field and it appeared to be a curiosity of not much significance.

I recently read a publication that reminded me of the whole thing, and these days, something like that holds more importance now than it did back in the 80s.

I will revisit this soon. Thanks again for the linky!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Now, if you were to read the end of that article you would notice this part.

The US west continues to swelter under a prolonged drought while much of the north and eastern US has been noticeably cooler than average for much of 2014. Record temperatures up to 4C above normal have been recorded in west Antarctica, even as the extent of sea ice has reached record levels.

www.theguardian.com...

One part of the world is hotter, while another part is cooler... Antartica sea ice has extended despite the fact that there are underwater volcanos melting some areas and despite supposed increases in tempratures.

You do have to wonder how is it possible that while temperatures are "supposed to be higher" in Antarctica that sea ice is extending. That sounds like a contradiction.

Not surprising that any information that would back up the claims that everything is hotter comes from a place that is uninhabitated with no real conformation other than info on a computer screen.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

A) You're quoting the wrong post.
B) You focus on complaining about one particular link, ignoring the rest.
C) Omitting that one link does nothing regarding my critique - it is simply added context - so ignore it.
D) Dramatic rise in 1600??? Look at your own post elsewhere!

I am not ignoring anything. BTW, I did not say a "sudden dramatic rise", but rather that since the 1600 temperatures were rising dramatically.

BTW, the above temperature graph comes from global borehole stations which are not affected by the "heat island effect" as it happens in many surface stations.

originally posted by: Greven
One of the key complaints now, and by skeptics, is that temperature is not rising as fast as CO2 levels are. IE: CO2 is, right now, leading temperature.

That rise has been in part because of anthropogenic activities, but also that rise has happened because the Earth has been going through a warming period since the early 1600s.

Just because CO2 has increased it doesn't mean it is the cause or that "it is aggravating it". More so when there is no evidence to support this claim. Plenty of natural changes have been happening which do affect temperatures by increasing them.

The Fakeclimate site, I mean "cough"-Real-"cough"Climate site claims that Al Gore's movie was good in educating people, except that this is false... Al Gore was LYING to people by knowingly making graphs small enough that the lag in CO2 behind temperatures would not be noticed, and neither he nor the "scientists" at RealClimate stated this, at least initially. They expected people would not find out I guess that in those graphs Al Gore was showing CO2 was lagging behind temperatures by an average 800 years...

edit on 18-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have been reading up, and listening about the club of rome and agenda 21.
The club of rome witch is a bunch of elites, want to gain control etc etc, and one way they wanna do it, is by making the world unite around global warming by the "agenda 21".
and i believe that HAARP (if anyone here has heard about it), may be cause for cold weather and warm weather. In Norway after they shut their facility down (HAARP in the states) we have had perfect weather this summer, they only had one more test before shutting it down, and it got cold for a week, very cold (seemed like summer was over).
i suggest people to look into agenda 21. it can be interesting. btw i have been lurking for a long time, and decided to become a member
Hurray !

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bksl90

Yeah, these people don't even hide what they are trying to do.

The governments of Europe, the United States, and Japan are unlikely to negotiate a social-democratic pattern of globalization – unless their hands are forced by a popular movement or a catastrophe, such as another Great Depression or ecological disaster

These governments would not accept a "social-democratic pattern of globalization" unless their hands are FORCED by a popular movement (Occupy and Anthropogenic Global Warming movements), another Great Depression (the current GLOBAL economic crisis), or an ecological disaster (Global Warming being blamed on humans)

Democratising Global Governance:

The Challenges of the World Social Forum

by

Francesca Beausang

ABSTRACT

This paper sums up the debate that took place during the two round tables organized by UNESCO within the first World Social Forum in Porto Alegre (25/30 January 2001). It starts with a discussion of national processes, by examining democracy and then governance at the national level. It first states a case for a "joint" governance based on a combination of stakeholder theory, which is derived from corporate governance, and of UNESCO's priorities in the field of governance. As an example, the paper investigates how governance can deviate from democracy in the East Asian model. Subsequently, the global dimension of the debate on democracy and governance is examined, first by identification of the characteristics and agents of democracy in the global setting, and then by allusion to the difficulties of transposing governance to the global level.

www.unesco.org...

edit on 18-9-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add excerpt.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

For the year to-date, fueled in part by warmth in the oceans, 2014 is the third-warmest year on record. According to Crouch, the only land area on the planet that's been cooler than average this year has been the central and eastern U.S.

In the U.S., the ongoing wild extremes of Western heat and Central and Eastern chill combined to bring a near-average summer temperature nationwide, the climate center reported last week. Overall, it was the coolest summer since 2009.

States along the West Coast had near-record high temperatures in the summer, with above-average temperatures stretching east to the Rockies. California, Oregon and Washington each had a top-5 warm summer,

USAToday

The heat is building in the Oceans while parts of North American had a mild summer.

Yet again more scientist confirm the Earth is getting warmer. Climate change is still on the march.

As our oceans turn to acid, standing by for Koch Brothers deniers.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Ok so cisgenic is basically like breeding dogs to get the traits you want? (my simplification)

Ok well maybe that's not so bad but those other two sound dodgy as hell. I take it there's no way we would ever know what type of genetic modification they were using? Probably best to stay clear of them, unless it happens to state it on the food packaging.

Here we agree! I do think that the cross kingdom stuff is kind of dodgy in a Frankenstein way but even Dr. Frankenstein didn't make his monster glow in the dark, lol. And yes, cisgenic would be like a super advanced form of dog breeding for a specific trait.

As far as I know, there is nothing that necessarily labels anything as being a GMO here in the US and as such, a breakdown of what kind of genetic modification there was isn't going to exist either. I have actually similar concerns as you on that part and we avoid eating GMO as much as possible. Whether the fear is legitimate or not is relevant doesn't matter, I just have a strong preference for eating and feeding my kids things that I know are what they are.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Climate change is still on the march.

No shist Sherlock. Have you not followed the thread? Climate change has been the reality since the beginning of the earth. The myth is that the climate was in balance and that man came along and screwed it up. lol Takes a vast ignorance to buy that one.

Another myth is that man can "stop" climate change. Ignorance runs rampant.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Haha yea I'm not a complete @sshole, I do listen to people when I can learn something new.

Yea likewise, I only want to eat what I have 100% knowledge over. But hey if the worst came to the worst and it was our only source of food, then I guess I'd have no choice, but for now I'll steer clear.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
I am fascinated by all the "experts" on global warning in this thread, that are discussing the "record breaking" hot summer in the U.S.

When was this discussion going on?

The only thing I've seen over and over on this thread is how those in the US who've had a cooler summer come on and claim BS to GLOBAL temperature rise because what they've experienced this summer. They refuse to look outside their boundaries and see what is happening on a world wide scale.

In the OP, I refer to global temperatures, not US. I mentioned records in the US for the hottest US year on record which was 2012. Please read carefully.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677
To each there own, I just don't want my kids or grand kids to suffer because of your lack of vision.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Rezlooper

a reply to: Greven

I agree. Who's to say it's entirely our fault, or that it wouldn't happen anyway and either way - what's there to do?

Hold hands and recycle while we all sing folk songs?

It may be too late for a bottom up strategy, but of course it wouldn't hurt if we all do our part. At this point, I think we need a top down strategy which begins with the corporations (oil and gas mostly) and governments and what they can do on a global scale.

Yes, but that isn't going to happen - is it?

Can we then agree that what you're doing isn't creating awareness, but fear?

In this particular case, are they not one and the same? In my attempts to create awareness there may be some fear. Depends on how you choose to absorb it. Sorry, just the way it is, unless you believe that in order to prevent fear, we should bury our heads in the sand...everything will be alright then, but, for how long?

Maybe, just maybe, as more do become aware...the top down strategy may begin as more demand some action. And maybe, it isn't too late.

I just asked another member what their idea is to put a half to global warming. If you have one I'd be keen to hear it, too.

First, let's start by banning fracking. There's too much fugitive methane pluming into the atmosphere during the extraction process, not to mention that possibly up to half of all abandoned wells are leaking methane and there are hundreds of thousands of them.

The days of Suburbia need to end. We need to stop urban sprawl and find ways to eliminate the need for so many cars on the road. "Green" hybrid buses need to be the new carpool. There needs to be major investment in downtowns for more living space versus more sprawl into the countryside. For example, Atlanta and Barcelona, Spain are the same size cities, but Atlanta has 10 times the GHG emissions because Atlanta sprawls out over 4,280 square miles while Barcelona sits inside 162 miles. Over 5 million people living within 162 square miles. Think about it, energy demands would be much lower, infrastructure costs much less and much less human fatalities due to crashes. And think about the immediate jobs created if a massive plan was put in place.

There are 11 Bus Rapid Transit systems in the world right now that are estimated to be cutting GHG emmissions that equal a total of 6.5 million cars on the road. These systems are in China, Mexico, Colombia, India and South Africa.

Immediate action also needs to be done about waste management making it more sustainable, which is said to be 12% of methane emissions world wide. I'm not sure if that is true right now with all the natural sources emitting methane, like the Arctic and Atlantic sea floor vents and erupting volcanoes. But either way, it needs addressing.

Massive efforts world wide need to be done to install solar and wind energy, but this is a no-brainer.

And then every single one of us needs to go outside and plant some trees and plants. We need to plant massive amounts of trees all over the place. Plants take in carbon dioxide and release oxygen. Why hasn't there been some sort of large scale effort to do this by now is beyond me. If everyone went out and planted a couple of trees in their own backyard...how many hundreds of millions of trees would that be?

And protecting the oceans should be a major priority. We're already seeing the oceans warming and becoming acidic, which is killing off marine life. Hopefully it's not too late, but something has to be done and immediately. What can be done? Governments should stop all oil and gas exploration and mineral exploitation. Obama himself could, by executive order, stop all actions in the Arctic (that are under US control) right now where it is more dire.

A massive government operation of experimenting with capturing the gas that's already in the atmosphere must be done and quickly. It should be done now to stop the escalating levels of methane gas which are already pushing us past a tipping point.

And finally, the one you all hate...putting a tax on carbon. I only agree to this if all moneys raised were used directly for the things I've listed above and that's it. I don't believe in a tax simply so that governments can raise money for other pursuits. GHG is definitely suffocating our planet and trapping the sun's heat, regardless of what the skeptics will say, so if corporations continue to pump the stuff into the air we breathe, despite alternatives, then they should pay to SAVE THE WORLD!

These are just a few ideas.

And of course, there are the things we can do at home such as:

Recycling;
Using less water and capturing rain water in barrels for irrigating;
Turning your thermostat down 2 degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in summer;
A clean furnace filter can reduce up to 350 pounds of carbon emission;
Wrap your water heater in a blanket...this can save up to 1,000 pounds of carbon dioxide;
Take a shower instead of a bath (uses 4x energy) and use low-flow showerheads (I know, they suck);
Wash your clothes in cold water;
Make sure to insulate and weatherize your home (especially this winter);
Hang dry your clothes on a clothesline just half the time can save up to 700 pounds of carbon dioxide;
Buy locally grown and produced foods. It will save on fuel to get food to you and keeps money in your community;
Buy fresh foods instead of frozen;
Support your local farmer's markets;
Invest in a bike..it's great exercise and can be a lot of fun (something I just did recently and it's been 20 years since I been on a bike);
Carpool and ride the bus;
Drive less if you can and make sure tires are properly inflated;

And finally...tell Congress (or your politicians where ever you are) to act and act now!

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Some good ideas, but if you try and take my suburban home, I'll shoot you. I'll help you lobby to stop fracking, though and I'm all for finding a way to reduce gas emissions from out waste - for changing how and what we waste, even.

I'm not so sure that Americans can live like Europeans, though. It will end up some dystopian catastrophe, stinking and festering and murderous.

Your ideas are all grass roots, or near enough and I think that is the best way any change can happen. The thing we need from the top down, is legislation and concession for the sustainable energy sources you mentioned. If we can have a TV antenna or satellite receiver on our roof, we should damn well have a windmill!

I'm personally all for better use of renewable energy sources to power public transport and better public transport, because as you mentioned - cars are killing us. I'm guessing that planes aren't the best thing, either, but we need good alternatives.

What are your ideas on how these ideas can translate to reality in a world where everyone who would affect these good changes just wants to be left the hell alone?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You have a lot of good ideas, most of them have been out there for quite a while now.

One of them, however, you're not going to sell very easily:

The days of Suburbia need to end. We need to stop urban sprawl and find ways to eliminate the need for so many cars on the road. "Green" hybrid buses need to be the new carpool. There needs to be major investment in downtowns for more living space versus more sprawl into the countryside. For example, Atlanta and Barcelona, Spain are the same size cities, but Atlanta has 10 times the GHG emissions because Atlanta sprawls out over 4,280 square miles while Barcelona sits inside 162 miles. Over 5 million people living within 162 square miles. Think about it, energy demands would be much lower, infrastructure costs much less and much less human fatalities due to crashes. And think about the immediate jobs created if a massive plan was put in place.

A lot of people, like me, refuse to be packed into the concrete and steel jungle, like sardines. Especially those of us that are used to having yards, gardens and being able to see most of the sky and horizon.

I've lived in all three: Mega cities, suburbia, and now the country.

The worst was the cities. Loud. Noisy. Crowded. Stank, and was just depressing as hell to be surrounded by mostly glass, concrete and steel.
Suburbia was better. I had a yard, trees and a garden. My kids were able to play in their yards. They were able to walk to school and home. I was able to use my telescopes and star gaze, something that was almost impossible for me to do in the cities.
Now here in the country is even better. Acres of land, large areas for gardens, my own chickens for eggs. Any trees I cut down I plant new ones. Wild life is all about, and the well water is so good it makes the best darn coffee, tea and beer that I've ever made.

You couldn't DRAG me back to living in a city.

So you'll have a hard time selling that idea.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Are you saying that industry all want the same thing ??

Who cares what industry wants anyways, what the OWNERS of industry may want, is more to the point, and they all appear to be the ONES behind the same dam campaign to demonize themselves.

How you cannot see that the two side argument is fallacious at best, is laughable.

A third reasoning for this is upon us, like all political and religious battles, it is to keep US weak.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

You need first to investigate all the reasons that we are already not living in a utopian society, and then ask the same people who are crying about global warming why THEY do not allow the technologies and MILLIONS of inventions that have been crushed by the establishment.

Ask them why it is better to have the world run in this way, and stop believing that by us Feeling or Being punished by Carbon Taxes and BS Inflationary schemes that somehow we will get mad enough and stop them.

We the PEOPLE, is not going to get it done, revolution , no, protesting, no, everything is going along on SOMEONE ELSES timeline, if you cannot see this I pity you.

Unless you are prepared to actually realize WHY we cannot make a perfect world, no sense at all in feeding the FEAR FACTOR, that is run by BILLIONAIRES.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Well Indiana had one of the worst winters last year. This summer was one of the most mild. I wouldn't even say that we had a summer here. It was more like spring the whole time, in the 70s most of the time. We normally get many 90+ days from july through september. They are also saying this winter is going to be cold and long like the last one. Warming?? Not from where I stand.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Cool thread OP..

I couldn't resist responding...i see a lot of threads like this 'chasing their tail' indefinatly.Wakey wakey time!!..their is no such thing as global warming.What we see in our environment i.e. all abnormal weather issues,is caused by the daily wobbling of the planet, which is caused by Planet X..it is that simple based on the evidence,there is no other plausible answer apart from that and most importantly the evidence supports this..from: BATRUS data indicating the magnetic presence of a large body in the very near vicinity (deforming our mag fields) coming from below the ecliptic,SOHO images and a dramatic increase in naked eye observations,tsunami buoys indicating 150m fluctuations in the sea bed/crust/plates..well the list goes on..i'll put up a link (bottom of page) that is updated daily with all you need to know..follow the evidence and your intuition and concentrate on the data (not where the data/evidence is from)

This wobble is caused when both the Earth's and X's north poles allign and a repulsion effect is what causes this.It is also causing the major plate upheaval,which when it reaches it's climax (SOON) will cause a domino effect and places like Indonesia will sink beneath the waves and for you Americans there will be the New Madrid adjustment right up the continent (i wouldn't be any where near that area by many hundreds of miles (mid west looks good,,seems safe enough to build bunkers so why not?)

That is it thread closed IMO..whatcha gonna do bout X?

poleshift.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join