It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman commits suicide by leaping into crocodile pond at Thailand farm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
A great many of us here at ATS suffer from depression. My mind can only think that in HER mind she deserved to suffer... greatly. For what? None of us will ever know, but this seems to be (to me) more than just her being miserable with herself or her life. It seems like she may have blamed herself for something tragic or many small tragic things throughout her life, and who knows if she was or not.

I just know that lots of folks feel like they deserve to suffer and I hate to see it in anyone. This was just so sad to read and I can only hope that she has found some peace and some rest from whatever tormented her so much on this side of life. It has to be terrible to live life everyday thinking that something like this is no more than you have ever deserved.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
A great many of us here at ATS suffer from depression. My mind can only think that in HER mind she deserved to suffer... greatly. For what? None of us will ever know, but this seems to be (to me) more than just her being miserable with herself or her life. It seems like she may have blamed herself for something tragic or many small tragic things throughout her life, and who knows if she was or not.

I just know that lots of folks feel like they deserve to suffer and I hate to see it in anyone. This was just so sad to read and I can only hope that she has found some peace and some rest from whatever tormented her so much on this side of life. It has to be terrible to live life everyday thinking that something like this is no more than you have ever deserved.

So true. To know depression like I have, to feel as absolutely bleak as I can imagine.. to think this poor soul felt this was her only way.. I cannot even imagine.

and believe me, throwing myself under something, as an act of final resolution, is not something uncommon to me. better part of a decade it has been toyed with. but to see crocs as the solution.. just
so so sad..

I guess the fear of being discovered and saved was too much, and this was an absolutely guaranteed method of being left..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
This one gives me the willies. I can think of at least a hundred more pleasant ways to end one's life than jumping into a pond of adult crocodiles.

Woman commits suicide by leaping into crocodile pond at Thailand farm

The woman jumped on Friday from a resting point on the walkway into the middle of the pond - which contains hundreds of adult crocodiles, Mr Preecha Iam-nui of the Samut Prakan police told AFP. "Her sister said the victim was suffering from stress and depression," Mr Preecha added.

It really shows just how dangerous and life-altering depression is. The article says that she did it shortly after the farm opened, which sounds like she thought it through and intended to do it, rather than making a rash decision or one "under the influence" (but that's just conjecture on my part). Really sad for her and for those she left behind.

I didn't pick up on it being planned

What an awful way to do it.
I would assume she suddenly judt j snapped and jumped in. She was of course very depressed to begin with and in the moment it overwhelmed her

Most females won't even choose shooting themselves in the head, according to studies on suicide.

edit on 18-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
That is really sad. what a way to go. eaten by crocodiles. WIshing her family can get soem peace eventually.

SHE really went to peices there. Much knashing and grinding of teeth to be sure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join