It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman commits suicide by leaping into crocodile pond at Thailand farm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This one gives me the willies. I can think of at least a hundred more pleasant ways to end one's life than jumping into a pond of adult crocodiles.

Woman commits suicide by leaping into crocodile pond at Thailand farm

The woman jumped on Friday from a resting point on the walkway into the middle of the pond - which contains hundreds of adult crocodiles, Mr Preecha Iam-nui of the Samut Prakan police told AFP. "Her sister said the victim was suffering from stress and depression," Mr Preecha added.

It really shows just how dangerous and life-altering depression is. The article says that she did it shortly after the farm opened, which sounds like she thought it through and intended to do it, rather than making a rash decision or one "under the influence" (but that's just conjecture on my part). Really sad for her and for those she left behind.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Well it's certainly creative and I bet the crocodiles appreciated the snack

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Years ago I saw a documentary where a skydiver landed into an alligator farm pool.
It was a bad day for him!
edit on 9/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: clarif

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This is an odd case since men usually take the violent way out, and this is one the most violent ways I've ever heard. She most have been a tormented soul. May she rest in peace.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
She really found a way to take a bite out of depression.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sounds like a #ty way to die.

To do list:
1. Put tinfoil in the microwave
2. Bleach colored clothing.
3. Mix bleach and windex to clean house
4. Take a swim with dinosaurs.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
But how do we know that the sister didn't push her in to collect her life insurance policy? Maybe the sister wanted her Yarn collection to knit with. Maybe her sister was embarrassed by her. Maybe her sister felt the crocs looked a little hungry and needed something to eat.

Sometimes seeing possible conspiracies in everything can be a curse.

I think I would have chosen a less painful way to kill myself.
edit on 16-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

...draws visitors who can feed the deadly reptiles from a walkway.

Well... ish.

I read she was 65 years old? Double-ish then.

When you think a crocodile bite will be less painful than what you are already feeling... ish... sad...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm hoping the sister wasn't there to witness that...awful

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh My, What a way to go out, being torn in every direction, and eaten alive. I would ask what was she thinking, but that would just be dumb.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But how do we know that the sister didn't push her in to collect her life insurance policy? Maybe the sister wanted her Yarn collection to knit with. Maybe her sister was embarrassed by her. Maybe her sister felt the crocs looked a little hungry and needed something to eat.

Sometimes seeing possible conspiracies in everything can be a curse.

Spoken like a true ATSer, RickyMouse. So many possibilities... unfortunately, I think this time it's just the obvious explanation -- she was a poor, tormented soul. RIP, dear lady.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
was that not on Faces of Death?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
was that not on Faces of Death?

Something similar. Man falls off boat and becomes "gator bait." What a sick movie.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
She obviously didn't read the: "don't feed the alligators" sign.

What a terrible way to go. Too bad she didn't receive the help she needed. R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Surprisingly, I have no problem with adults feeding themselves to aligators.

If the first 65 years of her life were awful and depressing, she had no reason to expect the next 20-30 to be awesome.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton
Sometimes....when you least expect it....things can change for the better....or worse...
I have no point here

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I absolutely agree!!! And I don't mean to come of like I have no feelings for her or her family. It is sad.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm proud of each and every one of you for responding without a tasteless "tasted like chicken" joke. Thank you for your compassion and restraint.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
I'm proud of each and every one of you for responding without a tasteless "tasted like chicken" joke. Thank you for your compassion and restraint.

I am too actually. Especially after hearing first hand accounts of the tragedy, many people were moved to crocodile tears witnessing the event.

Definitely not something to joke about.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That's a serious suicide. She was looking for a painful and dramatic way to go, sure found it.

Sad to hear of suicide but in the end it was a personal choice on her part. May she rest in pieces.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join