It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will find life on Ceres in 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I occasionally delve into predictions but not very good at it or accurate

Going there again today. I predict we will detect life on Dwarf Planet Ceres when Dawn Spacecraft gets there next year in March. They have detected water vapor there and also expect to find lots of water ice on the and in the Rocky Dwarf Planet Ceres. For there to be water vapor out there, there must be some heat too at least inside the planet...

I also wish they would discover a huge bolder of Platinum or something while we are there so we can motivate corporations and Nations to get Humans into space!

Water Vapor Dected on Dwarf Planet Ceres
Jan. 22, 2014: Scientists using the Hershel space observatory have made the first definitive detection of water vapor on the largest and roundest object in the asteroid belt, dwarf planet Ceres.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

A possibility that has been suggested by a lot of scientists. But my money is on no life there, not even microbial which is the best case scenario IMO. I just don't think there's enough of the other life sustaining ingredients there. Hope I'm wrong!

edit on 9/16/2014 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Even if life was found, we'd never know it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718

Of course it would be announced. Why wouldn't it? So yes, we would know it (unless you mean there's no way to verify it).

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There could be life on Ceres, as there is water vapor. But the atmosphere is very thin and it received lethal doses of solar and cosmic radiation, except if the life there has evolved to sustain it. It has caves and its structure is like a sponge, so there would be microbial life in its interior.

It has been suggested that the life came from Ceres to Earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I doubt there is life on Ceres. Water vapor (and therefore the heat that it represents) isn't the only condition that goes into life being able to thrive.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: mikeone718

Of course it would be announced. Why wouldn't it? So yes, we would know it (unless you mean there's no way to verify it).

You believe it would be announced? Or would we be given edited photographs and a story?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Yes, the discovery of life anywhere, researched and documented, would/will be the crowning achievement of NASA or of any other space-related agency or individual career. As has been pointed out on the Mars threads by Phage and others, of course such a discovery would be announced, lauded, and would open the door to much more funding of these missions and agencies. Funding is the apple of science, and would drive the decision to announce (look what happened in the 1990s with the maybe-jumping-the-gun announcement of hints of life found in the meteorite from Mars).

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Well its cool we don't have long to wait. First Ceres then Pluto not too long after. Next few years will be exciting. I think they are testing Orion capsule in December.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't know enough about the Dawn spacecraft and its sensors
That info would help a lot in determining what they will find
If we are just gonna take nice pics I don't think they will find organisms swimming around in pools or flying in vapors or crawling on the surface
Looking for the common signs of biology we are familiar like methane and carbons may be a waste of time, but I know we have sensors for that

But does that mean that there isn't microbial life in that extreme environment
Absolutely not

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I can't start a new thread, so I decided I might as well post it here.

"NASA Finds Mysterious Bright Spot on Dwarf Planet Ceres"

Picture

What got me thinking is this though: ""Yes, we can confirm that it is something on Ceres that reflects more sunlight, but what that is remains a mystery," Marc Rayman, mission director and chief engineer for the Dawn mission, told Space.com in an email."

THEY ACTUALLY DON'T HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR IT!
edit on 23-1-2015 by raikata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: raikata

Interesting, but "they" don't have an explanation for many things out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is one prediction I would like to see come true.

But unless it is something totally unmistakeable,
it will just be hypothesized and not confirmed.

Case and point Europa,
which they think could also hold life, and even shows signs of it breaking through the ice, but yet,
it is just a theory until some thing more is done to find out for certain.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You're kidding about them ever letting us get off Earth, right? If we ever got off Earth we'd be that much harder to control. Once it was discovered how to get off planet and survive without the mother planet ... no one could stop people from getting away and leaving their control.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Life's Building Blocks Found on Dwarf Planet Ceres

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Props to you OP.

QS

top topics

join