It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an independant Scotland be part of NATO, UN treatise. Have a Military?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

OK well as its only "Banter" when Scotland manage to play in the World Cup next time, I shall go to Glasgow with a T-Shirt with the words "I'm supporting anyone playing against Scotland" printed on it. See if I still have any teeth left after an hour as I'm sure this kind off banter would not be a two way street in Scotland. Perhaps the Scots in England would appreciate the banter of said t-shirt but we both know I would probably end up in the "Royal Infirmary" in Glasgow.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
I've had the same arguments with my family in Wales...it is lame.
There is definitely open hatred toward England but I've equally been hated on for being Welsh over the years I've lived in England. I think of us as a Jeremy Kyle style dysfunctional family, we can bitch against each other but the moment someone from the next estate starts attacking one of us then together we turn on them when it matters.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

OK well as its only "Banter" when Scotland manage to play in the World Cup next time, I shall go to Glasgow with a T-Shirt with the words "I'm supporting anyone playing against Scotland" printed on it. See if I still have any teeth left after an hour as I'm sure this kind off banter would not be a two way street in Scotland. Perhaps the Scots in England would appreciate the banter of said t-shirt but we both know I would probably end up in the "Royal Infirmary" in Glasgow.

Bit pointless as it's doubtful Scotland will be in the world cup, but hey, you never know.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Haha more chance than Wales!
It is my vow to live long enough to see Wales qualify for a world cup one day...I may have to live a long time

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Do you have cryogenics in Wales? (I jest)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

OK well as its only "Banter" when Scotland manage to play in the World Cup next time, I shall go to Glasgow with a T-Shirt with the words "I'm supporting anyone playing against Scotland" printed on it. See if I still have any teeth left after an hour

I'm sure you would be fine. Trust me, there are some area's in Scotland you would be most welcome with a T Shirt like that..Bridgeton, Larkhall, Kilwinning, Harthill, Armadale, etc etc..

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Bridgeton I agree with, what about Coatbridge though where these tshirts were being worn during the last World Cup?

Did you vote today? I bet you were first in the queue

Did you vote no?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Bridgeton I agree with, what about Coatbridge though where these tshirts were being worn during the last World Cup?

Did you vote today? I bet you were first in the queue

Did you vote no?

Quite a big Irish diaspora in Coatbridge, but i fear you may bring together both sides of the divide over there and end up needing prosthetic limbs if you tried....

Na seriously, if you walked into a anywhere in Scotland wearing a T-Shirt like that people would generally stay back from you believing you to be Mental or Something.

I havn't voted yet..leaving it to the last 20 mins or so and catch the shop while i'm at it....i plan on sitting up all night with a Bevvy, if i go just now i'll be looking out of one eye by 10:30..

Did i Vote No.?? I now believe you are mental enough to wear that T-Shirt in Coatbridge.
edit on 18-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Bridgeton will be voting for the better together campaign I imagine. They have a fondness for the Union Jack and will fly it at every opportunity. I was born there...

I voted at 8.30.
edit on 18-9-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Bridgeton will be voting for the better together campaign I imagine. They have a fondness for the Union Jack and will fly it at every opportunity. I was born there...

I voted at 8.30.

Fondness for the Union Jack, They had a Petition to get Asda to change the colour of their sign from Green to Blue for Christ sake.. lol

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I also picked up my mother and sister and took them to their respective polling stations. Can't waste a single vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Lol, I'll visit Coatbridge with my T-Shirt next week and will upload the video to Youtube for you

You're leaving it a bit late to vote. I too will be staying up tonight until the results are in. History in the making today, no matter what the outcome.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I also picked up my mother and sister and took them to their respective polling stations. Can't waste a single vote.

You sitting up to watch the this...??

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Lol, I'll visit Coatbridge with my T-Shirt next week and will upload the video to Youtube for you

You're leaving it a bit late to vote. I too will be staying up tonight until the results are in. History in the making today, no matter what the outcome.

Win or Lose...Cameron and Co have shat it...Big Time.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I remember that petition

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I agree, perhaps he should have allowed the third option on the ballot as Salmond requested in the first place.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I couldn't sleep not knowing how it was going. If nothing else this referendum has been fun, I am ever the optimist. I think in some way, we at least have shaken up the politicians and that this won't end here really. I expect a no and hope for a yes.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I agree, perhaps he should have allowed the third option on the ballot as Salmond requested in the first place.

The third option would perhaps have taken the vote.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

They've defiantly been shaken up, we have English MPs demanding an English parliament in the event of a no vote in Scotland. Big changes are coming to the political elite in the UK no matter what you guys vote. So I suppose we may have to thank you guys in the long run for starting this debate.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I couldn't sleep not knowing how it was going. If nothing else this referendum has been fun, I am ever the optimist. I think in some way, we at least have shaken up the politicians and that this won't end here really. I expect a no and hope for a yes.

Yeah me to, It's all very well getting uptight about this, but at the end of the day we need to move or regardless of the result, but I will always remember the dirty tricks pulled by Westminster in collusion with the media, and if and when i get the chance i will try and destroy political careers and forever remind people what the BBC, self serving Politicians and the Newspaper media have done here..
Have you heard this Kid Talking...those who believe some people are too young to vote should sit up and listen to our youth..especially this wee Guy. Loki gives me hope and a belief that Scotland is in good hands....

couple of swear words at the end..switch off with a minute or two to go if you are easily offended.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join