It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an independant Scotland be part of NATO, UN treatise. Have a Military?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ScepticScot
True, but international politics is always about the best deal for your own country, every time.
That is the mantra of the civil service, at all levels.

As a former member of the civil service can I ask you if you belive that Scottish independance would benifit the population of Scotland. I understand if you choose not to answer this question.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Duplicate post.
edit on 92014925pAmerica/Chicago2014-09-16T14:38:25-05:0038f38 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I wouldn't say it's a large proportion of Scots that are anti English, but the small minority that are are extremely vocal and are getting more media attention, unfortunately it's this that's now causing animosity between the countries and is the reason I hope they do win the YES vote.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

I wouldn't say it's a large proportion of Scots that are anti English, but the small minority that are are extremely vocal and are getting more media attention, unfortunately it's this that's now causing animosity between the countries and is the reason I hope they do win the YES vote.

Please make up your mind or at least remember my username, I know I don't have an avitar yet and my name promototes animosity but this is the second time you have denounced my opinion and responded to a comment I have made.

I personally do not mind but it degrades your status and shows that you do not stand by your own statments.

Regards.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Cry me a river over fella...if it is a yes vote it changes everything when you become a foreign country...don't be expecting an easier ride, it will be harder. You will be a foreign country which the average BBC watcher will want to have the poorer deal. Only this time you will be foreign and weaker with zero networks...you will lose that one.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Cry me a river over fella...if it is a yes vote it changes everything when you become a foreign country...don't be expecting an easier ride, it will be harder. You will be a foreign country which the average BBC watcher will want to have the poorer deal. Only this time you will be foreign and weaker with zero networks...you will lose that one.

Sorry could you clarify your statemen for me please. Are you saying that Scottish independance would meaning a loss of the Bbc and this would be dettrimental to the population of Scotland. Sorry If I have misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I only have regard for the continuing UK if the Scots vote to leave, you perhaps care about how the 'Scots who left' may fare, but I don't. They are the ones making the choice to leave.
I'm just considering my stance in the framework life has provided me. I want the best deal for the UK over any foreign nation.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I only have regard for the continuing UK if the Scots vote to leave, you perhaps care about how the 'Scots who left' may fare, but I don't. They are the ones making the choice to leave.
I'm just considering my stance in the framework life has provided me. I want the best deal for the UK over any foreign nation.

Thank you for your response and yes I do care about the future of Scotland even if they choose to leave the United Kingdom.

Although I respect your right to your opinion I am a human and feel no need to differentiate between borders.

Thank you for your response and honesty.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Nope, that is a question and spin added by yourself.
...if you see a post of mine which supports you assuming that then please quote it and I imagine I shall apologise, but you are clutching at straws...I was referring to the brainwashed MSM/BBC viewer, as you well know.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Please make up your mind or at least remember my username, I know I don't have an avitar yet and my name promototes animosity but this is the second time you have denounced my opinion and responded to a comment I have made.

I personally do not mind but it degrades your status and shows that you do not stand by your own statments.

Regards.

"degrades my status" lol

What status would that be? Do you know who I really am? (I jest)

I'm on my mobile so i respond to comments on the whole rather than individual posters.

Damn there's a poster in this thread that I've never seen eye to eye with, but today agree with all their comments. I shall not name and shame

We too will agree on some things and disagree on others. This particular subject is going to cause a lot of heated debate and my earlier comments directed at you should be taken with a pinch of salt. You confused me by being English but your posts leads one to believe you were being Anglophobic.

There are two kinds of people on ATS I would never debate with and that's Homophobes and Racists.

Welcome to ATS, shame your first day here was in the middle of such strong feeling in the UK over the Scottish Referendum.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
As a former member of the civil service

...you would surely understand the nature of dealing with a foreign government. It is not a love-in.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No hard feelings I could be seen as an enigma as I am both English and Anglophobic. I do not like what we have done and continue to do.
I took offense that you took the fact that I was unaware of the fact that Tony Blair was born in Scotland as a reason to dismiss anything I said as nonsense pretty badly but I appriciate your views
a reply to: flammadraco

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's like being gay and homophobic, you are an enigma

I must say that the only time I've been embarrassed for being English was when I lived in Dublin and learned the real history of Ireland and the struggle they went through against the English. Something that was never taught to me in school.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've never been ashamed about stuff I didn't do myself...why would you?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

If you ever have the misfortune of being on a plane that's Hijacked by some shady looking middle eastern fellows, Trust me, Your Passport will be chipped fourteen rows back and you'll all of a sudden try your very best at being anything other than a proud British Citizen. Irish accents, river dance, top of the mornin to ya.. the lot.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm from US and I'll tell you what. If that happens to me on a flight I will die right then and there or they will. I will immediately attack anyone attempting to high jack any aircraft I am on. I won't even think it over cause only way this goes down good is if I can take them out. Not Gona be getting my head cut off on video. I'd rather die fighting than wait that situation out.

What resources will Scotland have if they seperate? What money will they use to run the country?

edit on 16-9-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Unfortunatley the English do not have a very good reputation in any country I've visited. Apart from the US who seem to love us Brits

You come to realise that not everyone else can be wrong, however you are correct, why should I feel embarressed for what previous governments from centuries ago did, but we are still tarnished with the same brush as our ancestors. We still have the same political elite controlling the UK, and something does need to be done. I hope England does end up with its own Parliment or assembly like the other UK nations. Perhaps we should become four individual countries.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I'm from US and I'll tell you what. If that happens to me on a flight I will die right then and there or they will. I will immediately attack anyone attempting to high jack any aircraft I am on. I won't even think it over cause only way this goes down good is if I can take them out. Not Gona be getting my head cut off on video. I'd rather die fighting than wait that situation out.

What resources will Scotland have if they seperate? What money will they use to run the country?

Going by Experiences of 9/11 it's probably the best move anyone can make. get in before they have time to think. if of course you are near the cockpit and can see what's going on that is...some Planes have two levels, first class is sectioned off from second class by a curtain etc...it might be all over before you know it.

Having a go right there and then would be my choice of action. i dont think my heart could take all the suspense and drama that would be about to unfold.

Anyway..it's all Hypothetical.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

Seriously??

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What a cop out, whatever! I could make an assumption to what football team you support as the rhetoric your spurting on these forums sounds all to familiar to me.

Make that assumption...Please. I'll give you a clue, It's Not England.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join