It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Democrats Break More Laws?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes..it is a question not a conclusion. Here is where I'm going with this. I follow everything from Fox to MSNBC and of course, alternate sources (HI ATS!). Every time I turn around there is someone on the Dem side doing something to "further their agenda". Often this is by breaking laws or at least skirting around them. What I don't encounter...at least no where near as often, is people on the right doing the same. Here are just a few examples:

IRS goes after conservative groups
Legalize pot is more heavily supported by the left
Dems want amnesty for people who already broke the law
Black panthers at voting locations...a liberal DOJ does nothing
A black man is shot...DOJ jumps in immediately
IRS...computers, hard drives, emails vanish but that shouldn't be possible
Acorn...enough said
People voting twice, or more? Usually voting democrat
Lying to congress? Democrats or those supporting them including NSA, Louis Lerner, etc.

Even non-law breaking topics that would be considered less-than-American mentality:

Take away gun rights
Make smoking illegal or impossible
Dictate what you can and can't eat
Trying to stop congressional investigations...IRS, Benghazi, etc.

So...here is where I'm coming from. Yes...I am very "right". I'm not claiming republicans are clean and haven't done bad things also. But even when I watch MSNBC and left leaning news, it may be democrats complaining about republicans calling foul...but I rarely see republicans caught in lies, breaking laws or trying to take things away that citizens are legally and morally allowed to have. It seems the left is more corrupt and a bunch of criminals...it doesn't look as much that way with the right. And THIS with a liberal media? You would expect the opposite.

I'd like to hear your opinions and/or point out what I may not be seeing. Please...no stuff about war...both sides are just as guilty on that. I'm talking about middle-of-the-road things like those mentioned above. Day to day stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That depends, are they with republicans when they are getting caught?

They all are pretty much the same thing. . .
edit on 9/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum
It sure doesn't seem that way. I mean...they are all crooks and I'd love to clean house, but all the stories seem to be "look who got caught".

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Yes..it is a question not a conclusion. Here is where I'm going with this. I follow everything from Fox to MSNBC and of course, alternate sources (HI ATS!). Every time I turn around there is someone on the Dem side doing something to "further their agenda". Often this is by breaking laws or at least skirting around them. What I don't encounter...at least no where near as often, is people on the right doing the same. Here are just a few examples:

The only reason you see it more from the left is first because of a confirmation bias and second because they are the majority power group. Think back to 2001 - 2008. The Republicans started an illegal war for crying out loud!

IRS goes after conservative groups
Legalize pot is more heavily supported by the left
Dems want amnesty for people who already broke the law
Black panthers at voting locations...a liberal DOJ does nothing
A black man is shot...DOJ jumps in immediately
IRS...computers, hard drives, emails vanish but that shouldn't be possible
Acorn...enough said
People voting twice, or more? Usually voting democrat
Lying to congress? Democrats or those supporting them including NSA, Louis Lerner, etc.

What does people supporting legalization of marijuana have to do with breaking the law? By the way, the last time there was a poll conducted on this issue, something like 58% of Americans are for legalization. That is DEFINITELY not just democrats.

Even non-law breaking topics that would be considered less-than-American mentality:

Take away gun rights
Make smoking illegal or impossible
Dictate what you can and can't eat
Trying to stop congressional investigations...IRS, Benghazi, etc.

No one is taking away your gun rights. Gun sales are currently higher than ever. Has anyone PHYSICALLY came to your door and demanded to take your guns? No. It isn't happening.

Republicans try to stall congressional investigations as well. NIST report, no criminal charges levied against the Bush admin for iraq.

So...here is where I'm coming from. Yes...I am very "right". I'm not claiming republicans are clean and haven't done bad things also. But even when I watch MSNBC and left leaning news, it may be democrats complaining about republicans calling foul...but I rarely see republicans caught in lies, breaking laws or trying to take things away that citizens are legally and morally allowed to have. It seems the left is more corrupt and a bunch of criminals...it doesn't look as much that way with the right. And THIS with a liberal media? You would expect the opposite.

Republicans are caught in lies all the time... You have a SERIOUS confirmation bias.

I'd like to hear your opinions and/or point out what I may not be seeing. Please...no stuff about war...both sides are just as guilty on that. I'm talking about middle-of-the-road things like those mentioned above. Day to day stuff.

My advise, stop buying into the two party system. Republican or Democrat, they are just two sides to the same coin. Neither party has your best interests at heart and both parties are destroying our freedoms. You are just furthering their goals by arguing their petty differences.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Nice response! I agree that both Dem and Rep are just as bad at the core. But you don't (or I don't) see those on the right being caught in similar situations. Again...even in the MSM liberal news. As far as pot...I meant that most people I see calling for legalization are dems. I assume most who want it legalized, participate in its use...which is illegal for the most part. On the topic of War...they are both guilty and I asked not to go there as it will derail my real question. Finally...gun rights...if liberals could, all gun rights would disappear. They may not say it...but it is true. Please keep in mind I'm generalizing.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Maybe I should have stated my list like this:

When, during a rep controlled white house, did the IRS get caught targeting dems?
When did reps try to legalize illegal drugs?
When did rep related groups of thugs intimidate voters?
When did the DOJ start using race to decide when to intervene?
When did a right group like Acorn exist, telling people how to break laws and get away with it, etc.?
When did reps not want people who enter the USA illegally, to be punished?

SM2

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

As far as law breakers, Tom DeLay comes to mind as does Richard Nixon. Just the first two off the top of my head. As far as taking away protected rights and things Americans have a moral authority to have, well, can we say Patriot Act, you can Thank W. for that. That being said, I think that liberals and progressives (not all democrats) do have a tendency to ignore the laws if it furthers their agendas, which usually go against traditional american values, rights, laws and morals. Examples of this would be The black panther voter intimidation, The Weather underground, pick an eco terrorist group, etc.

One can view a protest by a right wing movement, like the tea party, and see a peaceful protest where the participants typically even clean up after themselves, then view a protest by a similar but left leaning group,the left leaning group will leave the protest site filthy , several arrests will have been made for violence, destruction of property, in some cases sexual assault, etc.

SM2

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

When, during a rep controlled white house, did the IRS get caught targeting dems?
When did a right group like Acorn exist, telling people how to break laws and get away with it, etc.?

Legalizing drugs, well marijuana is the only one that I am aware of, and as far as that goes, it's more of a libertarian mindset with that. Even if it weren't, the methods used to make it illegal in the first place were sketchy and racially biased.

If you remember, Regan granted an amnesty to illegal immigrants during his second term.

I am not taking sides, just pointing out some things is all.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have wondered why George W Bush was called a 'coke-head' by his detractors, based on rumor... but the same people give Barack H Obama a pass when he has admitted to coc aine use in his own book.

Are Democrats any worse than Republicans as far as breaking the law? I don't know. It would be difficult to get stats on that subject.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

As far as law breakers, Tom DeLay comes to mind as does Richard Nixon. Just the first two off the top of my head. As far as taking away protected rights and things Americans have a moral authority to have, well, can we say Patriot Act, you can Thank W. for that. That being said, I think that liberals and progressives (not all democrats) do have a tendency to ignore the laws if it furthers their agendas, which usually go against traditional american values, rights, laws and morals. Examples of this would be The black panther voter intimidation, The Weather underground, pick an eco terrorist group, etc.

One can view a protest by a right wing movement, like the tea party, and see a peaceful protest where the participants typically even clean up after themselves, then view a protest by a similar but left leaning group,the left leaning group will leave the protest site filthy , several arrests will have been made for violence, destruction of property, in some cases sexual assault, etc.

Excellent examples of where I'm going with this. I'll say it again...I'd like to see all politicians out of work. But it seems the vast majority of those caught breaking laws, rules, morals and American standards are on the left. Maybe the far left...but the left none-the-less.

Bush with the Patriot act...yes. But Obama continues it. I expect it would fade away over time but it hasn't. Nixon, etc...yes...but that was a personal act by a criminal. Not what is happening today which appears to be a coordinated effort, with the prompting of Obama and Holder to go on a law-breaking spree.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have wondered why George W Bush was called a 'coke-head' by his detractors, based on rumor... but the same people give Barack H Obama a pass when he has admitted to coc aine use in his own book.

Are Democrats any worse than Republicans as far as breaking the law? I don't know. It would be difficult to get stats on that subject.

Another good example. If a group condones or ignores drug use...shouldn't it be regardless who the offender is? That doesn't happen on the right (as much). The right says "this is wrong" and doesn't pick and choose who can get away with it. Or do they???

PS: Clinton and Obama admitted publicly that they broke the law and used drugs. Bush never did that. Almost like the left is proud of breaking the law. Almost saying to others...go right ahead.
edit on 9/16/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: Added PS

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Legalizing drugs, well marijuana is the only one that I am aware of, and as far as that goes, it's more of a libertarian mindset with that. Even if it weren't, the methods used to make it illegal in the first place were sketchy and racially biased.

If you remember, Regan granted an amnesty to illegal immigrants during his second term.

I am not taking sides, just pointing out some things is all.

I stand corrected!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Nice response! I agree that both Dem and Rep are just as bad at the core. But you don't (or I don't) see those on the right being caught in similar situations. Again...even in the MSM liberal news. As far as pot...I meant that most people I see calling for legalization are dems. I assume most who want it legalized, participate in its use...which is illegal for the most part. On the topic of War...they are both guilty and I asked not to go there as it will derail my real question. Finally...gun rights...if liberals could, all gun rights would disappear. They may not say it...but it is true. Please keep in mind I'm generalizing.

Like I said, that is just because the Democrats are the majority party right now, so the focus is mostly on them. This allows the Republicans to get away with more things, while also downplaying their agendas. The microscope is more on the Democrats, so you hear about them more.

SM2

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Not defending Obama or Holder, as I think they both deserve to be investigated and indicted on charges of corruption, However, once the patriot act was passed, any reasonable person should have realized it would never go away. The government will never give away power it has acquired. Take income tax as an example, it was even stated by the government and promised it would be a temporary tax to cover the costs racked up during war time.

At the end of the day it comes down to the type of person that becomes a rep or senator. for the most part, they are all liars and narcissists.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Like I said, that is just because the Democrats are the majority party right now, so the focus is mostly on them. This allows the Republicans to get away with more things, while also downplaying their agendas. The microscope is more on the Democrats, so you hear about them more.

Understood...but going by memory more than anything, I remember times during republican rule that dems "behaved" (bad word...but the first one I pulled out) but I don't remember reps doing the same sort of things. And since I want them all gone...I would remember that if there were more prominent issues.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Not defending Obama or Holder, as I think they both deserve to be investigated and indicted on charges of corruption, However, once the patriot act was passed, any reasonable person should have realized it would never go away. The government will never give away power it has acquired. Take income tax as an example, it was even stated by the government and promised it would be a temporary tax to cover the costs racked up during war time.

At the end of the day it comes down to the type of person that becomes a rep or senator. for the most part, they are all liars and narcissists.

Agreed...and yes, government is a beast that will always try to grow until it employs...errr...rules us all. I guess I had hoped it was more like someone robbing my home. I would put up fences, get a security system and more ammo. But over time...they would fade away.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One thing I've noticed is the difference between republican and democrat politicians and sex scandals.
Republican politicians seems to always get caught with members of the same sex while democrat politicians always get caught with members of the opposite sex.

Wild.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well...gotta run but will check back after work.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
One thing I've noticed is the difference between republican and democrat politicians and sex scandals.
Republican politicians seems to always get caught with members of the same sex while democrat politicians always get caught with members of the opposite sex.

Wild.

Ha! Good point. But Obama's term isn't over yet

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I think that most politicians, be they republican or democrat, feel that they are above the law and therefore not subject to the same standards that we have to live by.

I also think we are seeing it now because the democrats know they have a "get out of jail free" card with a democrat in the White House.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join