It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Nuts Piss Me Off

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Completely understand your frustrations!!! I don't run around town telling everyone they need to live their life exactly like me and my eccentric beliefs. It's so frustrating!!

We use to have Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses stopping by, each once a week to talk (debate) with my husband. We finally stopped answering the door when the JH's would stop by, they smelled like stinky fish

My husband loved when the Mormons stopped by and would invite them inside of our home to debate and let them "try to convert us." I got so fed up that I finally grabbed a bottle of Jack and some beers, sat on the couch next to them and started taking shots, then poured them some and offered it along with their beer. That stopped the weekly visits, they never returned after that, thankfully.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sadinoel
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Nevertheless, please try and forgive the zealots without pure knowledge.

I don't feel the need to judge, receive an apology or forgive anyone, but thank you for your kind words. I know how it is to be caught up in religion. As I said, I used to be a religious zealot of sorts. I wrote songs about Jesus and sang them outside the "Jesus Christ Superstar" play! I have seen both sides of this argument and no one owes me anything. But thank you, again.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm confused by ALL of the so called beliefs of the day. When so many innocent children die from abuse/war/murder/disease and such...Religious folks will say "It is gods will"...or "He works in mysterious ways".

New agers say it is karma when bad things happen to good people...or, "We create our own reality". Say a little baby gets put in a microwave and murdered. The child is hardly "self aware" yet and yet folks would have us believe the baby created that horror for its self. None of it makes any sense to me. Best to just live your life to the fullest. Try and never hurt anyone. Always do random acts of kindness when possible. Love and be loved. Enjoy the beauty and wonders of nature and be kind of heart, gentle of spirit whenever possible and speak from the heart.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime
I think religious nuts would be disrespectful if they were not knocking on your door and handing out pamphlets. Religious people believe you can only be saved by their system of religion. If religious nuts are not knocking on your door handing out pamphlets, that could only mean they do not care about you one iota.

If I were a religious nut I would definitely knock on your door and try to save you. I think you should just appreciate that there are people out there who care for you.

More than half of the people that I know with your attitude have a very religious belief about government. Unlike religions that in modern countries don't force anyone to do anything, people who hate religion often think of government has having a mystical power to provide all our needs and care for us better than people outside of government. They often worship government as their supreme authority to shower everyone with a wonderful life... basically government fills up the power vacuum left behind for most people.

The government actually kills people on a regular basis with actual guns... that seems kind of worse than handing out pamphlets. In the US if you don't pay your annual extortion money to the IRS you'll get cops knocking on your door to really force religion of another kind down your throat... you will worship them as a higher authority or your life with a tithing or your will be destroyed. Your choice. Do you want a pair of Mormons "forcing things down your throat" or cops forcing pepper spray down your throat? Which is better?

Political nutters believe without the government of their specific locality in charge, there would be nothing good to speak of. LOL. Just like religious nutters. Only 90% of Americans are exactly that... brainwashed religious supporters of government agencies.

Organized politics has always been even worse than organized religion. More deadly, more ready to shove things down your throat, and happier to use violence at the drop of a hat. I know liberals are looking forward to the day where they can shove vegetable juice down your throat because its good for you and they know what is good for you but you don't. Now that is what I consider a religious nutter.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If you view them as a bunch of salesmen trying to sell you something and take your money, it does seem annoying. I don't like it either.

However, some of these people going door to door are genuine. Some of them have had really hard times in their life, some of them on the brink of suicide or illness or death before they found strength in religion, and it helped them survive and get through the hard times. It changed their life in one way or another through some extraordinary experience, and that made them to want to share the experience with other people to help them.

If you were pure at heart, and found something great that you believe could help other people, you would probably go door to door and try share it and help other people too.

Don't be mad at people for trying to help.
edit on 21-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
If you were pure at heart, and found something great that you believe could help other people, you would probably go door to door and try share it and help other people too.

I absolutely would NOT. That's rude and disrespectful. People are different. What I love about my life is not necessarily for anyone else. To try to convince others to "be like me" or think how I think is just silly. We are individuals and should be respected as such.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I absolutely would NOT. That's rude and disrespectful.

So if you learned something which changed your life, saved your life, gave you hope and happiness, and helped make you a better person, you wouldn't attempt to spread that knowledge at all?

They have a word for people like you, and it's not a good one.
edit on 21-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Well brother, all I can say is keep up the good work. The ministry of reconciliation is first and foremost about God empowering people to know Him, and thus self. If that requires some to see an act of kindness in human form first, before believing, so be it. If perhaps a deed of kindness accompanies the word of truth before or after, the order does not matter as much as it be done; because actions speak louder than words. As well, I am reminded of what Christ also said to Thomas: 'you see, and you believe. Blessed are those who do not see, and yet believe.' Works of kindness do have there place, are most important in this day and age, yet I also find that many I've shared kindness with, want only to receive that alone, refusing even the smallest acknowledgement of God. It's their choice of course, but surely reveals a pattern amongst many who are more willing to feed their flesh, than spirit. To that I also say- so be it. I do not refuse to share the kindness because of this, but also pray for them, that they may chose to come to the light before too late. Any way, thanks for sharing. Your response is sincere, to the point. We need more folks like you willing to give. Keep it up. Have a good day.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ok, well thanks for sharing your views. Contrasting views can do a lot to help each of us understand one another, hopefully learn to co-exist in some sort of peaceful way.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
So if you learned something which changed your life, saved your life, gave you hope and happiness, and helped make you a better person, you wouldn't attempt to spread that knowledge at all?

I didn't say that! I said I wouldn't go door to door telling people about it.

I didn't attack anyone personally AT ALL. I shared my opinion and you come back with a personal attack? Nice example you're setting there.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

I think some people have wildly differing opinions about what makes someone a better person

edit on 9/21/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: emphasis mine - of course

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join