It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion Nuts Piss Me Off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I can't really agree more TB. My religious beliefs are close to me and personal. It's not something I peddle on a corner. I do believe that I am to spread the word to those who don't know about it.... but there really aren't many folks left that don't know about it. If people ask, I will answer if they are genuine in their asking. I am well aware of the atrocities committed in the name of God and I look at that like I would someone who said they killed someone for me. I would never ask it. I would condemn it. Just because they claimed to do it for me, it doesn't mean that I requested it or approve of it.

There are sick people in this world and there always has been. If they didn't murder in the name of God, then they would have murdered in the name of something else. Look at Charles Manson, Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc. those with weak minds will do the bidding of those with stronger minds regardless of who they are and what they stand for.

I don't attend church. I don't like organized (for profit) religion. I think that you should live in a way that folks can see God through you. I think God/Jesus is love and I think there are not many sins that I could find that are worse than to commit some brutal act in the name of One who is nothing but love. I go by the 10 commandments and I think a lot of people do regardless of their beliefs.

I stay out of religious arguments for the most part because they are useless. I do believe that folks drive others further away from God when they do the things they do in His name, and I don't know why they can't see it. I think it's a shame and I truly wish that people would not do the things they do, then call it Christianity. But alas...

Here we are and I don't expect it will change regardless of how I feel about it.

edit on 9/16/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think the only way to have any change come about, is to keep doing it the old fashioned way, the way He used to do it, rather than paying any mind to the prattle of those who came to faith for the purpose of being indoctrinated. Doing good in the world is its own reward after all!

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't mind people who practice religion but I have a big issue with people who try to sell it and profit from it.

There are certain factions amongst the faith that will tell you heaven has an entrance fee, and yet another faction two blocks away will hold canned food drives. And you can see the obvious differences between the two because the former will have a enormous ostentatious church and the latter will have a more humble structure.

As for the door knocking folk I find that intrusive and bothersome. I can understand representatives having a stall in a public area and if people are curious they can seek them out themselves, but bringing it to my front door makes me feel like I'm being ambushed.

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot. If I went door knocking on their doors spreading my love of the Sith Rule of two would they be tolerant of me? I would think not.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

You just had to be the religious nut to piss people off in this thread by "spreading" your loved opinion.

You and arpgme should go find a church somewhere far from everyone else. And talk down about everyone else to..because you think soo highly of yourself and your passed down book (that was re-written by men of the Story of Horus, which is similar to the story to this current "bible")

Your Buddy arpgme

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I know what you mean. I didn't like the brothel pamphlets they were handing out in Vegas either. Those pamphlets did give the homeless people jobs though so they could splurge on Nachos.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
Your anger would be saved if you had god in your life. Have you thought about Jesus? he always said "If I knock on your door, let me in, because I will convince you that life is good!".. So its your own fault if you hate religion, because relgious folk are better than you. Ask me, I am one. I know better than you.

If only youd let us help you, and prove your wrong.

Sadly, I fear you are a satanist or something.. So all we can do is pray for your soul...

until god takes it.

Oo

LOL!!! Well done.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

It was sarcasm, bro. He wasn't being serious. Or was he?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

THE CONFUUUUUSION!!!!LOL :0
edit on th59Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:59:47 -0500K201494730am9 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Most of the time, I'm able to ignore what the religious zealots say. It's their belief and I'm not going to waste my energy trying to convince them of anything or even make them stop trying to convince me of something. I used to get pissed about it, but it's not even worth that. My brother-in-law taught me a trick to turn away the religious solicitors. Show up at the door naked. Works every time.

Problem is, when I simply state what I believe, many "religious" people go on the attack, making assumptions and judging me as this or that... They get downright angry! Oh, well. Not my problem.

My mother was a Christian who behaved like TrueBrit (Thankfully, there are religious people like you in the world!) and she NEVER said someone was going to hell, never judged them as sinners, or said one negative thing about them. I guess I'm spoiled... I know what a real Christian acts like. They are loving, giving, understanding, and compassionate, wonderful human beings. But MAN! Are they few and far between! I TOTALLY support these people! They're just so rare...

Now, when the religious zealots get involved in politics and push their agenda into law, that's when I DO have to get involved. Because I have to live by the laws, and in a secular nation, the laws should not be based on religion. This is not a theocracy! (Yet)
edit on 9/16/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'm dumber than owl shiite.

"They" (organized religion™) are a "racket". A tax free racket.

God is FREE.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I understand. I believe myself, but I also find it annoying to be proselytized to by the neighborhood JWs. However, look at it this way - it's a tenant of their faith to go out and spread the word. They wouldn't be good JWs if they didn't do it. Mormons are the same way.

It's no more irritating than when you're having a nice thread discussing something that clearly has to with having faith and all the militant atheists come crashing through to mock you for believing in imaginary sky gods.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I dont believe, never have done and never will, however, I find the thread offensive!
Why are you so bothered by them?
Are you really that bothered? After all, you seem quite capable of handling yourself, so why so angry?

If they come to my door I quietly say "Not interested" and I close my door.
If they approach me on the street I say "not interested" and I walk on.
The only time I'd get upset is when I see them targeting children, that IS wrong.

This thread stinks of Divide and conquer.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I really get annoyed at people trying to force their religouse hatred on me!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You are a true fool!

God send you apostles to test and you deny God!

Oh the fun of seing 'em coming to my door while I swiftly undress myself keeping only my underwear (optional: go Adam style!) Invite the folks in, sit very close on the sofa.

Oh the pleasure to listen to them on the phone with some yes once in a while (Put the phone aside and come back later...say 15-30 min and give a 'ya', rince and repeat) My all time record: over 2 hours.

Why not play fool? Let them in and repeat exactly what's being preached. Word for word. Or just talk non-sence, make strange noises and hunt pink flying squirrels around for a while. Play dead and come back with revelations!

Or test their compassion. Listen to them 5 min and tell them boldly, with a deep voice: your God just told me that you would come. See, I'm in financial problems and you enter my life to help right? Prayse thee lord! Let's celebrate your donation brother!

Possibilities are endless!

But be warned, if you're too good at it they'll skip a few years before coming back

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: sn0rch

You forgot to knock my avatar over with a touch to the cranium.

Violence never solves anything. Only shaming does..

I have been ashamed of religious folk and their behaviour for years...

Still hasn't done any good, they keep coming back..!!

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think the only way to have any change come about, is to keep doing it the old fashioned way, the way He used to do it, rather than paying any mind to the prattle of those who came to faith for the purpose of being indoctrinated. Doing good in the world is its own reward after all!

I do plenty of good.

I don't need to be cradling a bible or Quran in my arms when I do it.

That would just get in the way of my work.

Problem is tho, no matter how much good a person dose in this world, if you're not cradling a holy book, you are still an evil doer in the eyes of those who do live by religion.

I always thought god would judge people by their actions, not by their participation in man made belief systems, seems that according to bible thumpers, I am dead wrong...lol

edit on 16-9-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This is exactly how I feel about agendas in general. I don't like to be force fed anything. If I want to support something I will. Lot's of agendas being pushed these days.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Believe it is much to do with things becoming worse OR NOT

John was considered here-
Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. Malachi4

historical facts are difficult to deny and is currently very much associated to our and future generations livelihoods

Revelation 6 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Luke 21 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I agree!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza

I really get annoyed at people trying to force their religouse hatred on me!

How is anyone doing that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join