It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet 67P: images from the Rosetta probe show a shining object on the surface and other anomalies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18424113]wildespace[/post

It is not about astronomers with power. I think it appears to be about people with large amounts of money influencing the data we are allowed to view. The theory that powerful people want powerful knowledge to horde and wield as they see fit theory really.
Astronomers like the IPCC members who have said it WAS about politics, are the only ones we get. IT doesn't mean they are dupes, just not the types we think they should be. Ask yourself why they march the equipment away form interesting regions of Mars that many skeptical of the intent of NASA have asked them to look closer at for posterity sake? Just go to Cydonia already. I suspect "they" know what is there already and it is a series of paradigm changers. It would be logical to conclude, if that is true and I have to think it is in play, that they wish to hold the current paradigm to finish fleecing the planet of wealth and to give them time so they can decide how to keep it. Is this planet nothing without greed at this point? I mean look at how trillions are not enough for Warren Buffet.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: JadeStar

Of course not. It's simple logic

Perhaps. But it is still only a speculation, logical or otherwise. Which is my point.

Its not speculation to say there are more carpet fibers in your house than people.

Perhaps you do not know the definitions of speculation, observation and logical assumption.

If you want to believe that the many thousands of people who dedicate their lives to learn about what's out there (many of which are grad students or undergrads like myself) who work with NASA, the ESA and other science organizations all are in on "the Cosmic Watergate" ask yourself what incentive some grad student or undergrad would have in joining in. The evidence that they aren't is the fact that most of us are still paying off student loans well after we graduate. Wouldn't Big Brother do that for us, you know, as a thank you for keeping the lid on ET? LOL

Sara Seager, who you might have seen in one of the videos above is a single mother who when receiving a "genius grant" said it will help her take care of her kid.

The MacArthur grantees can do whatever they wish with the $625,000, which will be paid out over five years. Seager said the cash will help her make ends meet.

"All of the money will go towards childcare, household help and quality of life on the home front," Seager said in a video. "And by doing that, as a single mother, this will actually enable me to still do my job and excel at my job."
- Space.com - Planet Hunter Sara Seager Wins $625,000 'Genius Grant'

Guess she is in on the cover up too right?

See its easy to accuse people and organizations you know little to nothing about personally. It's quite another when you have met them and know what they are like and what their situation's are.

This is why I mentioned that I have met some of the people in the videos I posted. Not to "be cool" but it was stuff that happened in the course of my studies, field work or attending lectures, conferences, etc.
Like I said, I'm fine having a conversation with people with at least a basic understanding of science but this will be my last response to you because you seem more intent on arguing on a very juvenile level ("trying to be cool"? seriously? just because I gave some context to where I was coming from having you know, worked in the field as a student, please.)

What I hear from you more seems to be anger/envy/resentment directed towards "academics" for reasons best known to you. So I'm done with you.

If anyone wants to talk space exploration and about the possibilities of what might be out there I have plenty of time but low level personal attacks I have no time for.

So the fact that single mother Sara Seagar is now dependant on that $625K grant for her source of income to feed and house her children makes her immune to influence? So she could not be influenced if someone said something like oh I dont know "say this bright flash is an ice crystal rather than an alien death ray or I will take away your $625K grant"?
I am not saying she is influenced, I dont know the lady, just that you have given a perfect example of how that influence can be put into practice. Truth is it really does not have to be that overt. Trains of thought have a way of picking up passengers since they get to ride for free...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The notion of TPTB silencing astronomers at the risk of losing their jobs (or even lives) is nothing but speculation, belonging better in science fiction genre than in real life.

You take a speculation, and base all your views and conclusion on it. Every suspicious blob of light or shadow becomes a prospective (or a very certain, in some people's minds) sign of aliens or their activities, smudged over or falsely represented by the astronomers who feel the heavy hand of politicians.

Cool story, bro.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yeah cool story bro!
I never offered any opinion about the photo in question. I simply find if funny that people somehow think that conspiracy has to be overt and direct. That some smoking man has to meet a young scientist in a dark parking lot and let them know that they mean business when it comes to the offical story.
Its not like that. I am not a scientist but I work for a very large corporation and I have been around the block enough to know that when someone with a budget wants to get a specific result they make sure that they get that result. This is human nature. Why do scientist try to pretend that they are immune to the effects of subtle hints and expectations?
How many times have you all complained about corporate sponsership of scientific studies? The egg industry wants eggs to be on every breakfast table so suddenly we see a number of studies reported in the news about how fantastic eggs are. DA DA! ITS SCIENCE!! How can we disagree!?
Oh well thats some other form of industry not AstroPhysics or Cosmology no no THEY dont do it like that? Really? Someone built the LHC didnt they? Someone got seriously paid to build a gigantic toy that smashes tiny specks into even more tiny specks. Billions of dollars to look for the so called "god particle" and then TA DA! Whats that coming out of the LHC....we MAY have found the "God Particle"? ....Welllllll maybe not but we still have more grant money to burn so we will get back to looking at it...yep money well spent....we'll see if we can get you a jar of Dark Matter out of this thing any day now....Scientist like to play like they are not business.....but its business.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The person or group that finally discovers (with hard proof) life elsewhere will go down in the annals as one of the most famous humans of all time... for all time. There is no coverup. Human nature in its self will not allow a coverup.

In my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

thanks jim - pretty good argument for pixel blooming

still interesting though

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hello people with sore necks!

I had to reply to this as soon as I saw it.. logic time!

Image 1: this would be interesting if the melanoma lay off-centre to the camera.. unfortunately to me this looks like a laser pointer fir the space probe or a point of reference for the centre of the camera as these are HD cameras and the image is heavily pixelated - suggesting it has been zoomed in a lot, in comparison with the rest of the images. OR spec of dust, OR light flare from the rock... could go to town on this.

Image 2: a jagged piece of rock facing the sun head-on, casting a sun-dial like shadow behind it. Also the lower form of this rock appears to have a 60 - 70 degree angled ledge coming out towards the camera.

Image 3: a rock with a conveniently timed shadow.

Hope this adds to the theories and debate.

as always, watch the void.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

It's a target marker that was put there. Read more about it at space . com

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Geez such strong opinions!
It could be out gassing, reflection,plasma
or Aldebaran's inhabited planets' comet riding range finder.
And if you think theres absolutely no chance of it being placed there
artificially, tell Rosetta to turn around now. Because what if
the Aliens of that hypothetical star system have an ATS forum and they also
believe there's no chance of such an occurrence ?
We can't shatter their delicate alien pre-decided place in the universe.

edit on 24-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Question mark

edit on 24-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Sp

edit on 24-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: a bit more fixin

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join