It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if all religions were debunked...?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The bible was written by man and has been so twisted and misrepresented over the years, I wouldn't trust it

This is statement is a fallacy. Almost all new testament books have been found to have been in circulation by at least 70 AD. Why? Well lets say for a second the NT Biblical writers did make up the Bible and people decided to mess with it along the way. The destruction of the temple in 70 AD is never mentioned. This doesn't logically make sense for your theory. The destruction of the temple was a huge prophetic event, yet its never mentioned in the Bible? Why? Because none of the writers saw the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. It would have been something a bunch of liars and manipulators would have loved to use in the book that said the temple was gonna be destroyed, yet its not there. Now there is also manuscript evidence behind what I said. One example is the Byzantine manuscripts.

Just because we have the first complete list in the 4th century, doesn't change the fact that all the 27 books of the New Testament were in full circulation since 100 AD, the majority by 70 AD. A more accurate and responsible way of depicting the historical data is that the entire New Testament was in full use and only about 5 books, were questioned. Even so, these 5 books were still being used in churches throughout the world from 100 AD.

www.bible.ca...

More specific references to manuscripts from first century AD that prove the NT books were in circulation by the first century:

www.inplainsite.org...

All of this is evidence that person in the field of Textual Criticism is going to look at when determining the accuracy of a document to the original. Do you know what makes it easier to recreate an original? Manuscripts. Give me one historical book that is anywhere near the Bible in manuscripts. To say that the Bible is not 99.9% accurate to the original is like saying we cannot trust any source from antiquity period.
edit on 18-9-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2014 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

the people and places may very well have existed, but the "miraculous" events are not verifiable. at best, we know something strange happened. but we dont know why.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

the people and places may very well have existed, but the "miraculous" events are not verifiable. at best, we know something strange happened. but we dont know why.

I agree I can only defend the timeframe of the documents and the accuracy to the original document, but deciding whether to believe the text is up to you. I don't mind someone being skeptical of the text, but saying you don't trust it because its not accurate to the original is hogwash.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

I agree I can only defend the timeframe of the documents and the accuracy to the original document, but deciding whether to believe the text is up to you. I don't mind someone being skeptical of the text, but saying you don't trust it because its not accurate to the original is hogwash.

i would compare it with world weekly news. the people and places all exist, but the content is ridiculously farfetched to the point that i have to ask for video and expert confirmation before i'll believe a word. i hear of one isolated incident that changed the world, then it never happens again. the eye of the storm has lasted so long im forced to question if there IS a storm. whats more the force responsible for it is so mysterious and obscure that i have to believe it for it to be true. my belief is what makes it true. whoa nelly, you go BEFORE the cart. suffice it to say that i have very good reasons to regard most major religions as a giant psyop project. im sure theres a handbook somewhere in the military with precise instructions on how to start a religion. unite and weaponize. a pawn factory in other words.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So basically you dont want to believe it because you cannot imagine those things ever being possible. Thats cool. Yet if you were so sure that God wasn't there why do you spend your time on the religious forums? Is it possible your soul is searching for Him, and your ego keeps you from finding him?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

So basically you dont want to believe it because you cannot imagine those things ever being possible. Thats cool.

i dont choose to not believe something. i simply remain unconvinced.

Yet if you were so sure that God wasn't there why do you spend your time on the religious forums?

it entertains me.

Is it possible your soul is searching for Him, and your ego keeps you from finding him?

no. ive tried trust me. i could no sooner become a homosexual.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Some folks statement of what they would do if their “religion” is debunked is strong evidence to what “God” they believe in.
The do Not have faith in the creator God they only have belief in faith of their “religion” Belief System.If that wall is tore down they will just build a mountain seven times more false than the one they believed before and on and on ad nauseum... completely blind to the foundational fact that they do NOT believe in the creator God at all, they have only “made”a God in their own image of their Belief System religion.

That is the nature of man…. to be “their” God and “their” savor and to believe it is Truth…vanity of vanities ALL of it is vanity.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
they have been.

Contemporary religion is only a remnant of previous ancient systems of Government.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join