It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate My Professor website - Former students review the professor you may take in College

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If any other ATS'ers out there are planning on/currently attending college, here's a nice little website to visit if you want to find out what former students think of a professor you may be taking in the coming semester(s).

www.ratemyprofessors.com...

From the "About" section on the website,

RateMyProfessors.com is the largest online destination for professor ratings. Users have added more than 14 million ratings, 1.3 million professors and 7,000 schools to RateMyProfessors.com. User-generated content makes RateMyProfessors.com the highest trafficked site for quickly researching and rating professors, colleges and universities across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. More than 4 million college students each month are using Rate My Professors – join the fun!

I've been using this website for the past few semesters now. It's a great tool if you want to find out what other students think of the professors overall quality, helpfulness, clarity, and easiness.

From my experience, most of the reviews really do reflect on how your professor will teach. Taking my current semester as an example, one of my professors had a bunch of reviews saying that his test reviews are nearly identical to his actual tests, and that turned out to be true.

However, there will be some reviewers out there that will just trash the professor because it's not a "free A" class. I ignore those reviews.

Anyways, I just thought this would be a nice resource for fellow ATS'ers in college to take a look at if they haven't yet. Anyone else here use this?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Haha, I use it to pick all my professors. The filters are great. I have some professors that are easy as can be, some who will truly challenge me, and some who are easy on the eyes. What a great thing, the Internet.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: spite

I agree, this is a very helpful site. I've been using it for the last 3 semesters, and the reviews of the professors have ended up being very accurate. It helps a lot with the nerves of trying to figure out what the teacher and his or her methods are going to be like.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I love that site, I put a few reviews on there myself. It's great to be able to look up professors and see how they're rated

join