It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Psychic Without a Home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Talked to my husband about it last night. He put a piece of paper on top of the crown moulding way up high and today I'm going to try and OBE to see what's on the paper. He's been dealing with me and my astral projection for 11 years, there have been some things that have convinced him it's real, conversations I've heard that I shouldn't have been able to hear and a few other things.

The problem with astral projection is it is really hard to say you're going to OBE and it actually happening. After 11 years of trying to figure out how to make it happen, I have come up with a ritual that works about 75% of the time. Of course if I tried the Randi contest, that would be the 25% of the time and I wouldn't OBE.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18439375]Jennyfrenzy[/post

You probably do it more than you remember and know. The trick is gaining that trance state where you are conscious and remember it. I'll give you an example

I have an elderly couple I take care of at night on occasion. It started with me feeling a presence, thinking I'm hearing them and I'll go and they'll be asleep. On different occasions I 've seen apparitions of them and it scared the crap out of me. There are times I let myself doze and visions of them completely intrude. I got some really good insight into thier psyche though. One night I decided to be a smartass and try and record them like evps with the dead,and talk to them. It just made things worse. Even when I went home I was dreaming about them and I would have visions of what they were doing.

In "shamanism" (best word I can come up with) There is whats called the middle realms where those that are dreaming (traveling) are wandering and very hard to deal with because they are often confused and unaware that they are dreaming and traveling. In here they carry out many things that are weighing on their subconscious or are unresponsive, so called "stuck" in whatever task they are doing. This is the best way I have to describe my experience.

Just because you don't remember , doesn't mean you aren't traveling.

edit on 26-9-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

I appreciate your response. It's interesting that you say you and your wife run events along these lines, so please allow me to pick your brain!! I promise I'll be friendly

The last online community I really felt knew their stuff was evocationmagic .(I was never banned from that lol) Now because of a bunch of goons it's been shut down. However I really feel as though most places want to shove a bunch of wishy washy " love is light and open your chackra" kind of stuff that doesn't really apply to the experience I'm having. I personally feel that it is important to visualize and meditate light and love, but I feel like so many are seeing through a filter that's on par with naivete.

I guess where I'm going with this, is that not everything is going to be all wonderful. I feel like the spiritual movement is telling people what they want to hear and out of touch.

Just curious on your thoughts

edit on 26-9-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13

I appreciate your response. It's interesting that you say you and your wife run events along these lines, so please allow me to pick your brain!! I promise I'll be friendly

The last online community I really felt knew their stuff was evocationmagic .(I was never banned from that lol) Now because of a bunch of goons it's been shut down. However I really feel as though most places want to shove a bunch of wishy washy " love is light and open your chackra" kind of stuff that doesn't really apply to the experience I'm having. I personally feel that it is important to visualize and meditate light and love, but I feel like so many are seeing through a filter that's on par with naivete.

Just curious on your thoughts

I can absolutely relate. My wife is actually one of those "new age" types who focuses on "light and love". You probably imagine me saying that with an eye roll and a hint of derision but I'm really not. Just like a lot of things I needed my eyes opened to, I realized that her path(s) is no less valid than my own and has far more in common than I previously suspected.

As to calling the new movements you are talking about "naive"? Yeah, maybe a little. But not because of the content as much as the shallowness it's packaged in. And some people need it packaged that way. My wife will try to get me to read things that are so saccharine-infused with salesmanship wording that I sometimes feel a bit greasy afterwards but, at its core, it's the same freakin' concepts I already follow.

I think that's the case with most people (including myself and I'm assuming you); we all just need the proper packaging for us to ingest it effectively.

I need my deities, rituals, and witchcraft where she needs her meditation, yoga, and empowerment books. We both agree on all of the important fundamental virtues in life yet we learn it from seemingly different paths.

originally posted by: paleorchid13
I guess where I'm going with this, is that not everything is going to be all wonderful. I feel like the spiritual movement is telling people what they want to hear and out of touch.

Maybe. But is that really such a bad thing? In fact, your wanting to be told what you want to hear, as well. I'm not trying to be all Yoda here or anything but it really boils down to that. I think that's why our events are so successful is that we are eclectic enough that people eventually find what they are looking for through membership.

As far as the "everything is going to be all wonderful" parts of the newer stuff coming out, I'm not too concerned. I deal with dark and light equally and my biggest concern (if I had to pick one) would be that this newer crowd seems to polarize the two concepts into "good and bad" when, really, it's all "good" since it's part of the experience (again, really trying not to sound like a hack here).

I'm not familiar with that forum you mentioned but the name makes me think it was focused around ceremonial (high) magick. If that's truly your passion, I feel your pain. Drama, drama, drama with a lot of those folks. Just hang in there and keep your mind open. Wide. Your brains will never fall out, I promise.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You're right. In many ways I am judgmental and I haven't heard the things I want to hear.
I'm going to give you an example.
I had a distant friend who would call me up because she, husband , and kids were experiencing negative phenomena. Apparitions, things being moved,nightmares and their life was just negative and consistent bad "luck".

I gave them a "piece" ..it had crystals in it and I made it myself and I gave it to them.(much high magick went into that) A few months later I came to retrieve that piece back. What it absorbed gave me nightmares ....vivid vision and actually screwed up my life until I found the proper way to cleanse it. Several rituals had to be done as well.
Long story short, I believed this person was a medium and creating a poltergeist . I gifted her a set of tarots (she believed something evil wouldn't let her have them before) and her life has done a complete turn around.

If I had told this lady 'just focus on love and light" ...it would not have worked. There are things that just don't abide by those rules and it's ridiculous sometimes.

I think what I want to hear is people that work with the negatives . I don't wanna hear that it doesn't exist or just that it goes away when you think happy thoughts. I appreciate positive people , I really do. I love people who can brighten my day and give me a positive perspective on things.

Sounds like your wife is a positive person in your life and I get that. Peace and blessings !!

edit on 27-9-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join