It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most successful religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paleorchid13

Which is also the problem I'm having because as you stated atheism would be an easy out for my project as it's technologically related. But even though I consider atheism a religion I don't think many do in mass perspective YET.
It's almost the same as what Nihilism did for the art world refusing convention. At the time of its conception it wasn't so clear.

Add: Thanks for helping everyone!
I'm no way done yet but have to go for a bit will be back soon. Any more info would be awesome.

edit on 9/15/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13
a reply to: DarknStormy

Religion ...organized religion is what's keeping us from progressing. You want to cherry pick some rules from thousands of years ago? People are arguing about a bunch of # that doesn't apply. We need to figure out how technology applies to our moral values. As a society we are facing technology Vrs jobs. Technology Vrs. pollution and weather or not we are poisoning ourselves. Technology and war. Religion is some far out there moral principle that stands for nothing.

If that is your argument, I feel for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Religion is man made. It misses the mark.

The mark is to overcome a lifetime of religious dogma and programming.

Only then can one begin a true spiritual quest.

Not outward but inward.

Not doctrine by men but revelation from the spirit through us.

Everyone has an antenna to Heaven as it were, tune into that. Instead of looking outside ourselves to others and the printed word, figure out how the men that wrote the printed word discovered the wisdom to do that.

Wisdom an spirituality don't translate into words real well, for they aren't about words at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I am spiritual but I oppose religion as a poison. I believe science has more in common with spirituality than religion does!!!!
I absolutly oppose religion and an atheist makes more sense to me than a religious person. Religion is a set of rules..religion tries to tell me what to think and what to feel. Religion has a black and white picture of things that don't even apply to today's world . Religion can't even explain any paranormal phenomena.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I see. So you want a generic religion to base the imagery on? That's actually tough. If you were to find the major religions denominators it may include things like a religious building, praying (on knees or at an altar), stained glass, etc. Perhaps you could invent your own symbol that is a mash-up of some others.

Many of those images could be found with equivalents in politics and economics, as well.

The Sumerians were definitely not monotheistic, by the way.

Good luck on your project; it sounds rad.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Religion™ is for folks afraid of Hell . "Spirituality" is for folks who've already been. -The Sioux Nation.

ALL the religions™ are 'different', that makes them the 'same'. Remove what is the 'same' and "The Truth" will be revealed..

The Big3™ continue to fight over The Temple Mount... why? Why won't the Jew™ who won't let the Muslim™ who won't let the Christian™ who won't let the Jew™ have that "spot" that 'ecological niche'..

So to this "common passerby" the most "successful" religion™ would be the religion™ that drives You AWAY from religion™

You ARE The Church™ it just so happens Your church is taxed unlike "the rackets" known as "organized religion™"

God is FREE!!!

namaste

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

In terms of financial 'success' - the wealth of the Roman Catholic Church cannot be calculated - and they have a hard time parting with it when called on/out to deal with 'some random priests'...

...so I guess that's one of the ways people judge success - gecko-style...

A99

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I think first you have to make up your mind about what it is that
comprises success.

Personally I would say Judaism for simple financial reasons. They
help and support their own financially, and so they end up the
wealthiest. Of course, they are hated and feared moreso than
most other religious sects, but that would seem to come with the
territory--most regular people mistrust and are jealous of the rich.

Of the Christians sects I'd say Episcopalian--they get to have their
cake and eat it too, as the saying goes.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Atheism is not a religion or belief system and should not be treated as such. It's just what we call people who take the position that they don't believe in God or Gods because they see zero evidence to substantiate the various claims that said God or Godess exists or existed. Honestly it should be the default position.

Here is a talk I found interesting about the dangers of the term Atheist:

Perhaps it will interest others as well.

edit on 16-9-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: vid link

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

The Big3™ continue to fight over The Temple Mount... why? Why won't the Jew™ who won't let the Muslim™ who won't let the Christian™ who won't let the Jew™ have that "spot" that 'ecological niche'..

namaste

The big 3 fight over the temple mount
Am I to guess that you think Christians have an affiliation with the temple, what makes you say/assume such nonsense.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?"

Where would you ever imagine that the temple mount is relevant to Christianity.
I notice all the TM marks on your words, its a pity you cant understand the basics of these faiths yet seem to want to control them with marks

Namaste

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
And thus it was first mentioned on a site called ATS where the great monkey first collected banana souls and thus in the year 2525 the whole world loved the great sage monkey and everyone rejoiced singing the funky gibbon.
Yeah the one ones while now popular will fade into obscurity to pave way for the time of monkey. ..the nature of monkey is irrepressible! .

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
the most successful religion is the religion that tells people to live through compassion because That is the only way to true peace.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The best religion I guess is the one which best reflects reality and actualy tries to find effective ways to solve problems permanently including ones that are caused by technology.

But then, it won't be a religion anymore, won't it? The Gospel of Jesus ALONE (Excluding Old Testament and apostolic scriptures) comes very close!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

You must be a member of the "right One" I AM guessing Christianity™ "Control "them" I want absolutely NOTHING to do with "them"...

If "they" paid their taxes, maybe.... Who am I kidding? It is a "racket"... Abe must be proud.

Organized Religion™

Have a better day.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: paleorchid13

I am spiritual but I oppose religion as a poison. I believe science has more in common with spirituality than religion does!!!!
I absolutly oppose religion and an atheist makes more sense to me than a religious person. Religion is a set of rules..religion tries to tell me what to think and what to feel. Religion has a black and white picture of things that don't even apply to today's world . Religion can't even explain any paranormal phenomena.

I can agree with you to a certain extent with what you say... Science and Spirituality do have common aspects. This aspect is using science for the betterment of humanity but when science starts creating things which are not so good for humanity then I must disagree they have anything in common.

In the Book of Romans it says that people who commit these acts are deserving of death. May seem harsh but this is how much the Bible hates these actions.

Inventors of evil things, evil mindedness, murderers, violent, Romans 1;28-32

That is four of a pretty long list in that part of the Bible. As you can see the Bible does not condemn science itself, but it is also touching upon the fact that evil can also come out of science and do more harm to humans than good. But I guess that has no part in modern society? It's just 2000 year old tales.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Shamanism is 300,000 years old. Anything that can hold on that long is successful, IMHO. Hinduism is very diverse and dates to at least 10,000 BC and 15% of the world is Hindu. I'd call that highly successful as well. On the other hand, Christianity is 2,000 years old and 1/3 of the planet is Christian. That's pretty impressive.

My votes for 'most successful' ... in no particular order ... Shamanism, Hinduism, Christianity.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think Shamanism may have it, even I being non religious adhere to some of their qualities.
It's the longest, most wide spread, original system that still is in use to some degree.
Thank you, now comes the hard part as to what to do with this information.

edit on 9/16/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

To know the answer to the question posed we must know the end result that that the creator had in mind if we were created. Success of anything requires an end goal. We could say that permanent life was the goal but then maybe death is the goal. Perhaps we are just in a cage and those seeking peace want to keep us pacified while they rape and pillage or true homes that have been ereased from our thoughts. Deductive reasoning is required to get a glimpse and it seems that death is not going anywhere.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The view that works best for you to achieve the chi/light/holy ghost flow?

Running up that Hill.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

It's hard to actually choose which is the most successful.. Each and every one has it's good and bad aspects. But from my own personal opinion, Islam may not be the most successful right now but one day it will be. I'm not talking about this terrorist ideology that we are facing today either, I think one day the world is going to wake up and wonder how this religion slipped by them. That's just my opinion though.

What version of Islam are you talking about. Shia/Sunni/Sufi?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join