It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection...for lack of a better term...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Astral projection...at least that's what it used to be called. I don't know if there is a new name for it now or not.

When I was young, from the age of 8 thru 10, then again at 14 and 15, I had the ability to astral project. I started talking about it with my family when I was 8 or 9. They laughed it off like it was nothing. But then I proved it. They stopped laughing.

Our neighborhood was full of very bright street lights. There was one on every corner, and two or three along each side of the residential block, depending on the size of the block. By far, most of the lights were the bright white kind. Some were yellow, and every once in a while was that odd pinkish tinted one.

I was only 8 at the time. I wasn't allowed to leave our block and I had to come in when the street lights came on, which I did. But when I started talking about being able to fly when I was asleep my family, of course, laughed. Until I said I could prove it. I told them if they would drive me around I would tell them which color lights were on what block and which lights were out. After a few days they finally agreed to drive me around the neighborhood.

As we neared each corner I would say something like, "Two yellow on the left, one pink half way on the right and the one on the corner is broken." My brother was driving. He would get to the corner and stop and everyone would look down the street in both directions and say if I was right or wrong. I never missed. I even remember once I said, "The next two blocks are all white, but one on the left side is broken." We got to the corner and there was a lift truck there fixing that light. That was the one that put it over the top as far as my family was concerned.

Then, for a couple of years, I couldn't do it any more. But one day when I was fourteen I decided to really make an effort to do it. In the past it was no effort at all, it just happened. I tried and tried and finally I had that same feeling again. I told my mother and she looked at me very crossly and said, "You aren't a child anymore. You cant say things like that now. People will think you're crazy."

Well, I am at a point in life now where I know what happened, and I really don't care if anyone thinks I am crazy or not.

I could do this awake or asleep. Any time of day or night. It was effortless. In the beginning anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you lose the ability and get it back again? When you last did it, how old were you?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Just mix it up a little bit within a Jungian framework so people won't get you mixed up with Peter Pan.

www.mindcafe.org...

The noted psychiatrist, Carl Jung, however claimed that the experiences of the astral body were archetypical symbols in the collective unconscious mind of man’s search for a soul. He did not view the subject as purely subjective and experienced only in the individual mind, but like an astral plane considered the collective unconscious to be an objective reality that manifest mind over matter and bridged actual distances. Whatever the case may be, the phenomena are real to the participants, and open to various modes of interpretation.

edit on 15-9-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Haha...never thought of it that way...

I had always heard, but never really believed, that children were more open to this kind of experience and as adults we are conditioned to believe it doesn't happen. As an adult, I know it happened. But the ability seems to be gone now. Its actually kind of depressing. It was such an amazing feeling...truly no boundaries of any kind. Really amazing.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I believe you. The problem is other people love to invalidate your experiences. They can't do it so you are just making it up in their opinion. Keep your experiences your own and only share them with like-minded people you trust. I have some friends I can tell things to and others I can't. You have to use discretion.

Oh, and thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate it!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here ya go, 143 pages of ATS members' attempts and experiences. I personally like to just jump into the middle of the thread, here and there and read how they did it and what they saw.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun,

STM

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
What is the feeling you are getting? Is it a body reaction feeling or a conscious feeling?

I have that I know never Astral Projected but I have come to the state where the body vibrates internally while being at rest. Some say it is related to Astral Projection also and not just for blissing and making the body relaxed on an extreme level.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There are many names for it because "we" don't really know what to call it because we don't really know what it is. I call what you experienced an OBE though. Because when I experience that which I induce through sleep paralysis I never lose consciousness and enter into SP and then OBE and I intentionally leave my body.

Other times when I don't have full control I may enter into a lucid dream or what I call astral projection because where I go is not a dream and not of this physical earth.

My current belief are that when i enter into an AP there are different levels. It's difficult to explain this but the different levels are where the experience can be good or bad. If you have enough practice you can quickly make any bad or negative experience through empowerment, but I'm just rambling now.

Thanks for sharing your experience, most of mine like this are around where I'm sleeping as well because your consciousness does actually leave your body. More than anything I've learned with this is to always think positive, always be empowered by whatever God or spirituality you have.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You are very fortunate to have these experiences effortlessly, lol some of us here have been trying and trying to have that experience without any luck! There are literally thousands of books and techniques on how to induce it.

To your question though, YES there are so many people out there experiencing wonderful things. Astral projection/OOBE's/Lucid dreaming, calling it however you wish is in fact a scientific phenomena proven decades ago. We just live in a stupid idiocratic society that is neglecting everything the NEWS hasn't talked about and verified yet...

Don't let them pull you down, some people are way more gifted than others in having these experiences, and you definitely are gifted. Enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Astral projection...at least that's what it used to be called. I don't know if there is a new name for it now or not.

When I was young, from the age of 8 thru 10, then again at 14 and 15, I had the ability to astral project.
I have also done this through out my life. It was a lot easier when I was young I must admit. I started getting back into it when I was studying Edgar Cayce. He gave instructions on how to do it. I practiced it and after a year I got it back.

Well, I am at a point in life now where I know what happened, and I really don't care if anyone thinks I am crazy or not.
I know your not crazy because I've experienced it also.

I could do this awake or asleep. Any time of day or night. It was effortless. In the beginning anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you lose the ability and get it back again? When you last did it, how old were you?
I got it back and even stronger. It just took me a while to get there again. I lay in bed and relax, I know I'm getting there when I feel my body jerk, It always wakes me up so I'm at that point between awake and asleep. I keep thoughts out of my mind and start paying attention to the way my body feels. I get this shrinking feeling like my entire body is between two of my fingers. And that's how I get to that point. My mind is awake my body is asleep. I've Astral traveled and had OBE experiences from this point. I don't have it under control like some people do. But I do know it takes off from my thoughts.....It's just hard keeping my thoughts when I'm concentrating on how my body feels. Sometimes at that point I end up falling asleep only because I get too relaxed......

edit on 16-9-2014 by FraZZleD38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah i astral project all the time. It's a very fun thing to do. A little scary at first but very real. I can't yet project at will still learning but coming very close. I am also learning to project while awake but have only had a brief glimps of that happening. Practice makes perfect though.

Can you explain the method you use to have an OBE? It sounds like you are very good.
edit on 16-9-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

About two years ago I was experimenting with Out of Body Experiences. For weeks I would lay in bed at night and go through the motions of leaving my body. I'd keep my mind awake while letting my body fall asleep. I feel I did briefly leave my body a couple times, though only after falling asleep and it didn't last very long. One night, something very strange happened. I was going through the regular motions of keeping my mind open and letting my body fall asleep when I reached a plateau. It felt like my body was bursting with energy and the darkness behind my eyelids turned into this bright coffee color. I have a hard time sleeping without a white noise, and in that apartment I had an overhead fan which I'd use. So I was experiencing this incredible feeling of euphoria, I felt I was so close to breaking free. Then all of a sudden, I hear a power surge. I hear the hum of my fan die, and the breeze dissipate. Excitement surging, I truly believed I had left my body. "Open your eyes! Open your eyes! You've done it!", I screamed in my head. I opened my eyes. I was still in my room. Another power surge, the fan turns back on, I look over at my bedside clock, it's flashing 12:00. My heart racing, I jumped out of bed, grabbed my ipod and started to record the aftermath. I went into my kitchen, and all the clocks were flashing 12:00. The time between when the power went out and turned back on was only about 3 seconds and was completely synonymous with my experience...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

When I was a child I astral projected (obe) very often, but could only do it when my body was sleeping, I saw my physical body and that's how I knew (but as a child I didn't have a name for the experience.)

Didn't talk about it and didn't think about it much.

As I got older, in my teens I can't recall anything at this moment, but when I was 18 it began again, I could see my body sleeping, I just stared at myself.
Tried to fall back in my body once but my body didn't wake up so it felt as if I was being sucked through my body and I heard like wind in my physical ears, it was so scary, I couldn't breathe, I heard a man's voice telling me to breathe and stay calm, but I was in fear mode, didn't know what was happening. Then finally my/I woke up gasping for air. Felt like I hadn't taken a breathe in minutes.

It's much more difficutl to get out now on my own, but, 3 months ago I succeded in a full blown astral projection on my own, I was aware in my body I felt the whole thing. So when I got out, first off I felt like my body so I though I had spin around in my bed, I was laughing thinking, wow, this must look funny when I wake up and see my body on the wrong side of the bed. Then I began to move backwards down (I was on my back) I panicked and thought no no UP UP I want UP, and POOF I shot up, like one of those rollercosters wher you get shot down but imagine getting shot up.

I opened my eyes and I was in space.
Then I thought of who I wanted to meet... yada yada. Got nervous for being to far away from my body, bam, in my body. Woke up.

I have been close many times but not succeded like that again.
But I am determined to make it happen again!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Yep I have AP'd once in my life a few years back.. I was reading alot about it here on ATS and wanted to see if I could do it myself.

Luckily soon after I gained interest in it I was approached by a co-worker who was pretty good at it. He gave me a technique and I set out to make it happen. Through the trials over the next few months 2 other co-workers expressed thier interest and we all began trying and reporting our results/failure to eachother daily.

In the end all 3 of us experienced some form of AP.

Mine took almost 3 months of trying every night and I can tell you right now.....to everyone reading this thread It is a Real thing!

There are other levels of reality out there that we can experience through meditation and AP techniques. Real Places...places where time or action is of no consequence. Where you just are......

When I slammed back into my body at the end of the experience I remember just thinking...well I did it...that was interesting...and I fell asleep.

It wasnt until I woke the next day and really pondered what had just happened did I get excited about it.

I havent really tried again since. Reading this thread makes me want to give it another go.

Best of luck to you all!
edit on 16-9-2014 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2014 by AtcGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I can tear myself away from my body with some resistance during sleep paralysis, but this is just an OBE.

My question to anyone with astral experience, is how do I get to the astral planes from this position? I've read of portals and such but I've never seen any. I'd be interested to hear how anyone gets to the astral from my position.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
when i was young i used to have the typical flying dreams, flying over the neighborhood like you mentioned and such. in retrospect all kinds of things used to happen to me when i went to sleep as a child. lots of weird paranormal stuff. but, i always wrote it off when i was younger because i watched the x-files a lot. so i just figured that was influencing what was happening to me at night.

flash forward to today. once i started to get into my late teens and twenties, all that kinda stuff stopped. but, after a lot of work you can get those experiences back. it's going to take more than it did back then when you were a child. adults are conditioned and barraged on a daily basis not to accept things like astral projection as a legitimate possibility but, once you've experienced it, you know it's real.

it's also possible or likely that when you were younger your third eye was open. growing older it has calcified and started to close. shutting you off from those abilities like astral projection.

i would recommend doing some third eye/chakra exercises and meditation before you go to bed each night. it's personally helped me a lot in getting back into the swing of things. there's one in particular where you make a vibration in your throat and the area is tied to the third eye, so you inadvertently are vibrating that area as well, which helps to awaken it. it's allowed me to have astral projection experiences again, but i'm still learning how to control them. like you said, it's not as easy as it used to be. diet is also a big part of it. lots of processed food, high fructose corn syrup & things like that don't help. as they say, your body is your temple. and you gotta keep your temple clean.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yea, I have experienced it on and off throughout my life. Peak times being when I was 16-18 and I was very interested in this and surrounding subjects. I have no doubt that this is a controlled phenomenon and if you aren't aware of it/trying to achieve it on a regular reoccurring basis it will disappear.

The best advice I can offer to anyone with no success is to remain calm, don't over think the process as it is happening and keep trying every day until it does. I would like to get back into the mindset but the older I get the more I can truly appreciate the saying "I don't have enough time"!

Same with lucid dreaming, it needs to be in your awareness on a regular basis, can't half arse it

For anyone interested one of the best things you can do is listen to guided meditations. The Monroe Institutes Gateway Experience guided meditations are teaching you through 6 discs how to OBE and also reach the Astral. While it is completely possible to do this without it, this program will help you to remain focused and bring you to where you need to be one step at a time.
edit on 16/9/2014 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/9/2014 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow...very cool stuff.

When I was young I would lay down in bed and relax and picture the event happening. I pictured myself leaving my room, going down the hall, up the stairs, out the door, turning toward the front walk, gaining speed, turning onto the sidewalk, going fast now...and hurling myself forward like I was hit between the shoulder blades. Just before I hit the ground my body would arc upwards and away I went. I could feel the weightlessness of it. I could feel the wind on my skin. It was as if at that moment I was truly free. I could hear sounds around me. If I pictured a place in the distance I moved there very quickly if I wanted to be there. If I wanted to experience 'going there' I moved more slowly, and saw detail on the way where with the faster travel I didn't. No matter how long or how far, I always felt a connection with home. I could almost see it. I could follow it back to my body. That process was pretty much the reverse of how it all started. I would sort of swoop down toward the sidewalk, land on my feet running, jog to the door, down the stairs, down the hall, back in bed, and asleep. There were times when I landed in bed so hard I bounced myself off the bed waking up in the process. I would laugh at how strange it felt to wake up in mid-air.

I learned later that I could do it awake also. I would be very still, eyes open, barely breathing. It was harder to get that feeling of unbound weightlessness but as soon as I felt it I knew I was free. Coming back was harder, as if I didn't want to. I wish I had a better explanation of how it happened. That's the best I can do for now...

I really miss that feeling. I think I might have to try this again, but I don't know. The reason I haven't is because I don't know how bad it will feel to not be able to do it anymore.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I really miss that feeling. I think I might have to try this again, but I don't know. The reason I haven't is because I don't know how bad it will feel to not be able to do it anymore.

You can't think like that. You have to think of it the other way around. Mindset is an important aspect to accomplishing it. You should think of it as "it's going to be so great to do this again" or "I'm going to do this again and it's going to work and be awesome"

Affirmations like that can be helpful. By thinking that you're going to try, fail and be disappointed it's like setting up a road block for yourself. I've definitely noticed this in my own life.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
hey everyone. i have been experiencing the phenomena for over 20 years and use sleep paraylsis to induce these episodes. i'm not what you would call accomplished though...wish i was. sometimes i get out, other times i drift to sleep. my advice is to just keep trying or practicing. i accidently stumbled into all of this while reading an old time-life hard cover book on the occult. short story goes like this: it had instructions on how to project, i tried it, wasn't succesful. later that same night though...well, what an experience. didn't sleep for almost two days after that wasn't sure what the heck was happening to me. i wasn't ready for the consequences of my actions. believe me, when i get to my 20 post limit, i'm making a thread on that experience and its ramifications. i think that some of us may be a little more in tune, so to speak, with these "abilities". i'm a november baby, a scorpio, and from what i've read that may have a little to do with it too. anyways, keep at it. i don't think we ever really lose it. stay positive and it'll come back to you. good luck!
edit on 18-9-2014 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Has anyone had unpleasant experiences while OBE or AP?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join