It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy is officially dead (again)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It seems that the FBI have completed their new facial recognition system (assuming it hasn't been in 'testing phase' already for a long time).

www.gizmodo.com.au...

After six years and over one billion dollars in development, the FBI has just announced that its new biometric facial recognition software system is finally complete. Meaning that, starting soon, photos of tens of millions of US citizen’s faces will be captured by the national system on a daily basis.

The Next Generation Identification (NGI) program will logs all of those faces, and will reference them against its growing database in the event of a crime. It’s not just faces, though. Thanks to the shared database dubbed the Interstate Photo System (IPS), everything from tattoos to scars to a person’s irises could be enough to secure an ID. What’s more, the FBI is estimating that NGI will include as many as 52 million individual faces by next year, collecting identified faces from mug shots and some job applications. So if you apply for any type of job that requires fingerprinting, for instance, those prints (which will now also likely be asked for along with a photo) will be sent off to the government for processing.

So aside from living in a shack in the woods far away from civilisation (and maybe even that's not enough), is there any hope of privacy in public anywhere anymore?

It seems we live in a 'Brave New World' type society, but any minute the switch could be flipped to a '1984' situation.
edit on 15-9-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wear a mask.

From what I've seen these systems still need a clear shot of your face to get a match. Wear a big set of spectacles (dark) that cover most of the eye area, and grow a long beard.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Wear large frame polarized glasses at all times.

Wear wide brimmed headgear.

Wear a fake tattoo that can be photographed but removed by you if needed.

Additionally use pay as you go disposable cell phones and if they are linked to an email make sure it's anonymous and not accessed from any computer that can be tied to you.

Finally learn not to leave fingerprints and DNA all over the place if you're worried about such things.

TPTB are obviously getting very worried and scared. All their technology can be beaten using simple methods. You just have to make the determination that you are going to beat it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This seems like a violation of the 4th amendment to me. I do NOT consent to any searches.

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Wear a mask.

From what I've seen these systems still need a clear shot of your face to get a match. Wear a big set of spectacles (dark) that cover most of the eye area, and grow a long beard.

Dig a big hole and bury all the electrical gear you have including cell/mobile phones

and never ever go outside again ever

get your shopping delivered

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Privacy? That's been taken away from us since 9/11 and the development of the internet. It's only going to get worst until the public says enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We got illegal secret courts in our nation that do not give two rat arses about the constitutional rights of America citizens, these secret court existence is questionable as we don't even know if they are the product of some entity running our nation without we the people consent, still they get away with anything in secrecy.

Knowing this we should be outraged but do you see anybody screaming for accountability? no, now are to be targeted for the sick pleasure of whomever is running this nation.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder how many people actually know about this?

Face.com

en.wikipedia.org...
Face.com is a Tel Aviv-based technology company that developed a platform for efficient and accurate facial recognition in photos uploaded via web and mobile applications. Face.com apps and API services scan billions of photos monthly and tag faces in those photos, tying them directly to available social networking information. As of February, 2011, the company had “discovered” 18 billion faces across its API and Facebook applications.[1]

18 billion faces. Think the US is the only Nation to have your mugshot?

Sharing tech with Israel?

Peace

edit on 15-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Wear a mask.

Dig a big hole and bury all the electrical gear you have including cell/mobile phones

and never ever go outside again ever

get your shopping delivered

LOL

I'm very aware of the digital footprints that we leave wherever we go, however, we can as you suggest, bury all the offending devices and only use cash, but facial recognition doesnt require us to be carrying a spy in our pockets, it just needs to see us.
Although its quite easily beaten, it'll be much harder to beat once they get walking patterns sussed out!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
From the Horses Mouth

Privacy isn't quite dead yet. Big recomendation(s) of the day: stay off Fedbook (they have facial recognition software) and don't be a criminal.

None of this is particularly new. This is more like an update. The first phase of NGI was initiated back in 2011.

It is very easy to imagine how this system could be potentially abused....

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Most don't realize with carefully placed makeup it renders these systems useless. The trick is putting black tattoo like patterns of paint in certain spots that throw off the system. Colors other then black work also for sunglasses don't always hide you.
Works great if you don't mind looking like Maryln Manson.
edit on 9/15/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Thats false. Unless you want to walk around with big black splotches of make up on your face around every public place in the world with a cctv or police camera the only really effective alternative is to wear a mask.

This is pretty un-realistic:

edit on 15-9-2014 by AnonyMason because: add pic

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Thank you for clearing that up that's exactly what I said and for you really smart folk there is special makeup that looks invisible to the naked eye but isn't to a camera.

Obviously walking through an airport with makeup like this would be rediculous, but as a thief or bankrobber, not so much. Then again wearing a mask at all times is much less conspicuous.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I saw this live 10 years ago at a train station the software has been going for a lot longer that the public know

The city i used to live in had a control room in the city centre that nobody me included even knew existed just a door at the side of a shop with 100+ screen's on 2 walls and 2 munchers ,one that i remembered from school with going up and down all day in chairs with wheels .

I looked at the screens to see where i could pick the cameras i knew were and 90% of them were hidden the ones we see are not a fraction of it .

I can only imagine in all that years they have been able to link them up at gov.com

i only go out at nights now and always carry 3 + dodgy id cards just in case

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Just another episode of Person Of Interest..

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

You're welcome? Maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Wear a mask.

Mmmm, and this is, 'just' the FBI. Just imagine what the NCTC has in store if they want to monkey with your life.
It's all digital shi'te anyway. I would say just someone with the knowhow and the desire, could blow the whole thing out of the water, apart from the Gremlins that may already be there...the fingerprint biometrics ain't doing so well.
Never mind, some nerd is making a fortune out of all of this..for as long as it lasts. Sometime, (not soon) elected government will catch on to the shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What difference does it make if the FBI has your identifying features stored in a database? It seems its more of a benefit than a detriment. Can someone explain why it is bad?

When they start matching DNA to identifying features, it will make it easier for them to catch a criminal. Even building an image from DNA evidence might be possible in the future.
edit on 15-9-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Anyone with access to the facial recognition database could take a photo of someone on the street and then bring up all personal information the government has stored on that individual with a few clicks.

Fishing by police and/or government.

Virtual tracking of movements and daily schedule which can be used for nefarious means by all such as thieves, stalkers or general opportunists.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

1) Simply because many people don't wan't to have cameras at unkown locations recording data with software like this. Privacy is a right guaranteed by the Constitution and breaches of it are just one more step to full blown Orwellian society (as if we aren't there already). Do the feds really need to know every time you walk into a grocery store or go out for a night on the town?

2)The very plausible likleyhood that it will be used without your knowledge or consent. Meaning the people with this technology are cyber voyers, watching you from the shadows while you go about your business thinking everything is completely normal. Every time you go somewhere that data gets logged into your secure file until they decide they need it for some reason.

3) The "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide" addage is complete BS. If we're doing nothing wrong, the feds have no damn reason to track us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join