It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If conscious is all 1 then we are all insane by our definition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1

originally posted by: Aphorism
Forgive me but, I believe you are making connections were none can be made. Because a human is conscious does not imply the universe is conscious, like a rock does not imply it is unconscious. A rock is not the universe. The universe is not sturdy because a tree is sturdy, it is not hungry because a fish is hungry, it is not hard because a rock is hard. Fish does not equal universe. Tree does not equal universe. Rock does not equal universe.

Certain things are conscious and certain things aren’t. Conscious is an adjective. Adjectives describe particular persons places and things. It would not make sense to describe my toenails as conscious. It does not appear that they are awake and aware of their surroundings, as an apple doesn’t appear to be disappointed. However I as a thing can exhibit the attributes of being conscious. A rock cannot. You are speaking of everything, anything, the universe, and nothing in particular. Universals are abstract groupings of objects made in judgement only, and posses no such qualities. It is like saying a species is sick or dead because one of its members are. That is not the case.

My friend, Aphorism, you are but a conscious rock.

Your body is made of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium. All these elements are found naturally on Earth, some of them in rock form. Not to mention some of the minerals your body requires to function like iron, zinc, and chromium, all rocks... Your bones are just rocks, and you've got rocks flowing through your blood.

You are the Earth which has become alive and conscious. Before you were alive and conscious, you were just the Earth. Before you were the Earth, you were the stars, and before you were the stars you were just energy with no real form, and this energy was all born at the same moment in time. You are still energy which has taken on many forms. This energy is what makes up 100% of the Universe. It is the Universe.

The rocks are the Universe. The air is the Universe. The water is the Universe. The trees are the Universe. The fish and animals are the Universe. The gravity, magnetism, electricity, light and all forms of energy are the Universe.

You are the Universe. You are conscious.

Your eyes can only see a very tiny portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. If you could see it all, you would be blinded by white light. If you could see magnetism, if you could see gravity, if you could see all the 4 fundamental forces, you would be blinded and see nothing but pure white. You would see that the Universe is just One object, and you would understand that the only thing that exists is "here and now".

Yes we are everything I never said we were not if you read my full post. We are 1 that broke apart so we could have a conversation. As well as experience life and everything else we enjoy.
edit on 29-9-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nature contains both the wolf and the sheep, but does Nature then eat itself? Does Nature then die because a wolf eats a sheep? No, Nature contains both but is not either of those.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jcarmen you are looking at the world through only 1 set of eyes.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource

My third eye.

I can see the world through my eyes but I see reality through my third eye.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jcarmen

originally posted by: LightSource

My third eye.

I can see the world through my eyes but I see reality through my third eye.

You did not understand my reply. You only point out that you are the wolf and not the sheep. You are not looking through all eyes which is the major problem with the world. To many wolves and not enough sheep. Sheep do not eat wolves and are at peace. Wolves feed off the sheep's peace. The world right now has very few sheep left. The wolves have ate almost all of them. Just like our own resources are going away on our own planet faster and faster. Once the wolves eat the last sheep they will turn on themselves because they will have nothing left to feed on except each other.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Nature is neither the wolf nor the sheep. Both predator and prey co-exist in the world. There will never be an elimination of one or the other, just as there will never be only good or only bad in the world. They both exist, which is why the natural world must be transcended.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jcarmen
a reply to: LightSource

Nature is neither the wolf nor the sheep. Both predator and prey co-exist in the world. There will never be an elimination of one or the other, just as there will never be only good or only bad in the world. They both exist, which is why the natural world must be transcended.

So things never become fully eliminated or extinct in this world you say? There are quite a few animals that are no long on this planet according to your post this should not happen. Do you see balance in our world now? Yes you are right nature will work its course and start over at some point once it can no longer repair itself. We are just about to that point if you look through "all" eyes on this planet you will be able to see what I am talking about. We are just about to start over if you view "all" eyes on this planet. The reset is going to be painful for everything but is needed. I think it has already started but if you don't look you won't see.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join