It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If conscious is all 1 then we are all insane by our definition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Insane

1. not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.

2. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is mentally deranged:
"insane actions; an insane asylum."

3. utterly senseless:
"an insane plan."

dictionary.reference.com...

So if everything in the universe is just 1 conscious then we are insane by our own definition. What happens when you put just 1 person in a room by themselves for a very long time? They start talking to themselves and having conversations. What if they were left alone for an infinite amount of time they would forget who that 1 person was and would become multiple "people" or "personalities" that were created during that time. If our universe has 1 conscious then by our own definition conscious is "insane". That would also mean that "conscious" created good/bad blah blah blah because of a difference with itself or ourselves. We are also then insane to think we are sane

What if instead of a "big bang" it was just 1 point maybe 1 conscious energy point and it "split" into two and then they split and split and split and will continue into infinity getting faster and faster with each split which could explain why the universe is speeding up and not slowing down. Anyhow food for thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Ok...I'll bite if I'm just a personality...I would really like an orange milkshake - I mean THIS personality right here...I'm waiting...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Too many presumptions there.

Consider that there could be dimensions, levels of consciousness and energies that you do not comprehend and that humanity is yet to ascertain or realise.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Greetings- Where 'thought' is 'real' and the 'physical' is the illusion, "it" can be anything You want 'it' to be... Would the room be quiet?. The Self is only conscious of being a 'single' when in 'body', (that is the 'illusion'..) There is no separation..

As per the 'good/bad' There is no "good" or "bad" there just 'is'. Those are "judgements" and the less judging One does the more info is absorbed, as there is no weighing of "facts". Ever hear someOne say/utter "I don't judge; I don't want to judge..." They are judgements.
( See"dogma" if You'd like to tackle this from a religion™ angle, which there are many..)

The only constant is change. So because the majority of Souls are "asleep" or 'unawakened' when One 'awakens' they are deemed "nuts". What happens when One realizes they don't "need" nor "want" the crap slung to them on t.v.? What happens when they say "I don't need this t.v."? They are then diagnosed as "depressed" and prescribed 3 or 4 meds from BigPHarma™ and when they then 'die' they get to do it all over again (getting stuck)

Material to read "if" interested: •The Law of One• 'The Unveiling' by the author Sunfell

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource

[ What happens when you put just 1 person in a room by themselves for a very long time? They start talking to themselves and having conversations. What if they were left alone for an infinite amount of time they would forget who that 1 person was and would become multiple "people" or "personalities" that were created during that time. If our universe has 1 conscious then by our own definition conscious is "insane". That would also mean that "conscious" created good/bad blah blah blah because of a difference with itself or ourselves. We are also then insane to think we are sane

What if instead of a "big bang" it was just 1 point maybe 1 conscious energy point and it "split" into two and then they split and split and split and will continue into infinity getting faster and faster with each split which could explain why the universe is speeding up and not slowing down. Anyhow food for thought.

You could try putting a newborn into total isolation from birth and see what happens.. wanna go for that? I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We're all infinite parts of infinity like fractals, not just One, but when you work on the anger and darker spots in your nature and start to care about others, you become alligned or in Unity with Family in a kind of Oneness. Also I believe that like fractals are joined up, and child to the Parent, and Grandparent, we're all a bit like Christ said, vines to infinity branch.

But we're ourselves forever.

Its even more mind boggling than this video as there is never One fractal at the beginning, there is no time, and all the infinite fractals are all at once. Including every step they've taken.

Fractal Zoom Mandelbrot Corner

I also see Michael and Christ and Adam and ourselves as connected. I see Christ as a Higher Self connected to our Parent, and Michael as a slightly lower self form of Christ able to operate in this denser universe and uplift us or rescue us, and I see Adam as the seed of such a tree, and all of us as seeds of such trees. Ie. I see us as the children of Michael and Angels extraordinaire, some of us maybe very degraded seeds, shriveled up and needing some nourishment and deprogramming and reformation, but because of our Family and who we are created from, we should be starting to work on ourselves. We have some really good role models and are letting down here.

Start loving others. There should be no homeless no starving, and you don't ISMS and politics, religion, economics anything ahead of making every child on earth abundant and happy without thinking they're slaves to boss around, you better have darn good carrots to lure them to donate time to your corporations.
edit on 15-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Certainly slaughtering billions of your own species over the centuries, keep your fellow beings in slavery of action, thought, emotion...the untold suffering created...of monumental proportions. The complete disregard and distain for one's own Planet... all of this is insane. The realization of this insanity comes from the self , the Creator realizes itself through stillness it is the Self, the I AM, The One. You have always been at your destination, It is all about the journey. PEACE.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Don't you know that to be sane in an insane world is counterproductive?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Consciousness is just a facet, the collective still being an undivided whole but with untold numbers of separate faces. Some facets are not as lustrious as others.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Insane 1. not sane; not of sound mind; mentally deranged.

The question of sanity is of the mental planes by definition.
In esoteric terms, the "mental planes" alluded to here are "lower mental planes".
We might think of the lower mental planes as our ego, personality, habits, our identification with things completing our picture of 'who we are', and 'what is real'.
The brain, the part of our mind that thinks concretely, in language and symbols.
Billions of brains, each believing, 'I am this', he is that, and 'this is true', 'that is false'',
is indeed deranged because so many rationales inevitably conflict.

What then is "of sound mind"?
Sound mind is higher mind. It does not think it words, but abstractly, and does not identify with the physical body as self, as does lower mind. It is sound because it is in greater harmony with the one consciousness.
it is not blocking the one consciousness with conceptions and identifications.
Higher Mind is of higher frequency than the mind to which "insanity" applies.

Ever hear someone say, 'everybody is insane'? This is true of those whom haven't transcended their lower minds. And in many place in this modern world it seems most have not done so.

In the OP's example of a guy sitting alone in a room, the subject does is unable to transcend the lower mind. So the brain does what it does best: looping and making stuff up, because it refuses to work with anything but that with which it identifies.

In the same situation, a practiced yogi may transcend the body and lower mind almost immediately by meditating.
So what happens to his perceptions? He begins to observe aspects of the "one consciousness" of which the lower mental brain is unable to conceive. He may eventually attain a glimpse of the infinity of consciousness. But again, even the higher mind is another rung of consciousness on the ladder to understanding (being) the one consciousness.
And from here, it is still along way to the top, if you wanna rock n roll.

By definition the one consciousness is omnipotent and omnipresent.
All inclusive and naturally balanced, as it is individual.
Inclusive of all 'this' and 'that' on all planes where it take dualities to keep 'reality' happening. the mind and body are obviously of these planes.
A cognitive, logical, common brain would go insane trying to conceive of this.

It is not the one consciousness that is insane, but the small mind which tries to categorize its infinite qualities.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Jiddu Krishnamurti

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a tricky one to contemplate because I have my own theories on "the individual consciousness" versus "the mass consciousness". I once saw an X-Files episode back when I was like 16 where they investigated a pattern of disappearances. They eventually figured out that this large field of a strange plant species was actually not made of individual plants but actually it was one gigantic organism with an intricate maze of plants that only appeared as individual plants on the surface, but below, in a serious of underground tunnels, they found that the entire plant was one single organism. You see where I'm going with this?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
As there is no separation, the only One You have to worry about is You. The Ones who 'see separation' (The Veil) are not yet 'awake'. Because Mother Earth, a 'living being' must also evolve, She has shifted dimensions/chakras bringing about a "shift of consciousness" going from 3rd gear to 4th gear. Shifting from "Yang" to 'Yin-The Devine Femnine'.. That is why that patriarchal crap, religion™, military™, politics™ are on the way out..

It is up to each 'Self' to discover their 'true essence' This is something that cannot be done for that 'Self' There is no pill to take. No book to read. No One can do it for another One. One may only guide another One, but to find the "truth" One has to do that by their 'Self'. The answer lies 'Within' but a 'majority' (what is the population now?) will NEVER look where the answer "lies"...

"Seek and Ye shall find" ...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wouldn't say I am insane. I am just having millions of crazy dreams. Dreaming doesn't make One insane.

How can I be all knowing if I don't try everything at least once.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

As long as you don't expect a different result every time you dream I imagine you sanity is indeed intact.

Only God can be all knowing(omnia sciens) so don't let that fact be of any concern, considering i imagine knowing everything could quite possibly take the fun out of life.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think we are not consciously aware of our oneness because the level of awareness experienced by the ones having this conversation needs to be in vibrant conflict to preserve our overall unity. E.g. individual trees compete for resources such as water and nutrients, but together form a forest. They need to be in competition with each other, to manifest as the most viable and energized version of the greater picture, i.e. the forest.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
If conscious is all one then we are also sane, perfect and amazing because we are all everything simultaneously. Think of one concsious as infinity experiencing itself subjectively in all ways possible and you are a part of infinity experiencing a solely unique part of it.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: meridie

Maybe we are simply aware of our individuality because we are separated from the group consciousness at birth?

I tend to imagine that us humans fail to see the forest for the trees with regards to what consciousness actually is, never mind to the purpose it actually serves.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
we are all one consciousness In regard to love (Spirit) not in regard to Thought (mind)
edit on 16-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If we are "One" as they say then why am I not aware of those other "selves" right now? I am only aware of myself. And if I imagine all those things (inventing many things like TVs, cars, General Theory of Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, and so many things) then I must be a freaking genius.

If you are THAT person then you would be aware of it.

It would be neat to be Einstein tho. I like his hairdo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join